Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
conark

Impressed - how do i find a guild?

15 posts in this topic

Never played the game before, downloaded the trial and despite limited play [children needing my attention] i love the game and i am going to sub.

How do i go about finding a guild, ideally an EU one?

Fwiw, we call them squads. There is a recruitment forum that is full of various squads looking for new members. http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

First decide if you'd rather play allied or axis, as a lot of squads only allow their members to play for 1 side during a campaign.

Then, simply go through the threads and hook up with one that looks good to you.

Alternatively, and what I recommend, is hop on the teamspeak servers when you are in game (you can get the log in info at teamspeak.ahc-hq.com, require TS2) and start running around with a few different squads. That way, you can find one that's a good fit for your playing style and personality, then ask them about joining.

Thanks for the response, i guess because of trial status i cant see that squad recruitment thread you linked, oh well.

Never played the game before' date=' downloaded the trial and despite limited play [children needing my attention'] i love the game and i am going to sub.

When you get in game just put out there you're looking for a squad if you have yet to try the other methods. Plenty of helpful players will gladly send ya a message to see what your interests are in game. Don't be shy in talking in game. This is a great community to be part of.

Welcome to WWII Online Battleground Europe !

Never played the game before' date=' downloaded the trial and despite limited play [children needing my attention'] i love the game and i am going to sub.

We have a couple of Squads in the EU Zone. Whats your natural language ? We could suggest some maybe ... Let us know it plz.

:)

Thanks for the response' date=' i guess because of trial status i cant see that squad recruitment thread you linked, oh well.[/quote']

CRS we should really make recruitment thread visible to trial players don't you think? Add some depth and they can see all the squads when no playing.

Thanks for the advice folks. I have hooked up with a nice bunch called "Allfor" so i am sorted.

Thanks again

OOOh so close. Correct side, wrong squad :D It's not a fatal mistake though, just watch out for dubane ;)

OOOh so close. Correct side' date=' wrong squad :D It's not a fatal mistake though, just watch out for dubane ;)[/quote']

Haha I was thinking wrong side altogether :) still gives me someone to shoot at ;)

Ya' date=' I'm thinking we might have to move the Recruitment forums up here.[/quote']

This would be a good idea!

Atleast the trial players could get some idea as to which squads are active for the sides and what TZ's they play.

Just have to keep an eye out for spammers, lol...;)

Alternatively, and what I recommend, is hop on the teamspeak servers when you are in game (you can get the log in info at teamspeak.ahc-hq.com, require TS2) and start running around with a few different squads. That way, you can find one that's a good fit for your playing style and personality, then ask them about joining.

Watch out here! While I highly recommend TS and I myself am ALWAYS on it when playing "the game that comes with the forums", you mentioning that you have children I feel that I should warn you. Be VERY aware that many people/squads on any of the TS servers can be ummmm...."volatile" when it comes to language and cursing, as well as drinking and illicit drug use. A lot of the things that get said are most definitely NOT suitable for children(especially young, impressionable ones).

With that being said, there are many squads that have their very own TS servers, so you won't have to worry about outsiders etc. Overall however, this community is a great bunch of people that often at times go out of their way to help others out. A few examples are that recently the OT community put together about $1,100 IIRC to go to Tenpin's Down Syndrome Buddy Walk charity. Also, I remember a time when a player couldn't continue playing the game due to having to pay for a relatives surgery, and quite a few people payed for him to play for several months out of their own pockets.

So don't let what I said about teamspeak deter you from playing the game. Like I just mentioned, this community is a great group of people that you'd be hard pressed to find anything like it in any other online game. I wouldn't leave it for the world.

Watch out here! While I highly recommend TS and I myself am ALWAYS on it when playing "the game that comes with the forums", you mentioning that you have children I feel that I should warn you. Be VERY aware that many people/squads on any of the TS servers can be ummmm...."volatile" when it comes to language and cursing, as well as drinking and illicit drug use. A lot of the things that get said are most definitely NOT suitable for children(especially young, impressionable ones).

With that being said, there are many squads that have their very own TS servers, so you won't have to worry about outsiders etc. Overall however, this community is a great bunch of people that often at times go out of their way to help others out. A few examples are that recently the OT community put together about $1,100 IIRC to go to Tenpin's Down Syndrome Buddy Walk charity. Also, I remember a time when a player couldn't continue playing the game due to having to pay for a relatives surgery, and quite a few people payed for him to play for several months out of their own pockets.

So don't let what I said about teamspeak deter you from playing the game. Like I just mentioned, this community is a great group of people that you'd be hard pressed to find anything like it in any other online game. I wouldn't leave it for the world.

That said, if i'm on Allied TS i will kick people off the server for that kind of behaviour. Fair enough in their own squad channels but not in the public ones.

That said' date=' if i'm on Allied TS i will kick people off the server for that kind of behaviour. Fair enough in their own squad channels but not in the public ones.[/quote']

Just to expand on this, the Playnet-provided TS servers are still under the Playnet Terms of Service. Behaviour such as described can result in the persons involved no longer having access to that service. If you experience such behaviour, report it to one of the Server Administrators on TS.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0