• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAMMYMAN

Squad Challenge III

89 posts in this topic

Squad Challenge III

I'd like to invite the Squads of WWIIOLBE to join us for the 3rd Squad Challenge. This years challenge will be taking palce in the South Western sector of the map and it will be centered around one of the new Forward Base designs that has the concrete Bunkers / Pillboxs and Gun emplacements in it's make up. This year the Allied Side will be the attackers and the Axis side will be the defenders.

The Axis will be tasked with defending the Forward base from Gamaches to Londinieres and the Allied will be tasked with Command and Control of the Forward Base and occupying it. The Objective is not to Blow the Forward Base, but to Command and Control the area and Occupy the Forward Base.

As in the previous Squad Challenges, Each Squad will take a turn in there match as the Defender (Axis) and as the Attacker (Allied). Each segment of the match will have a 1 hour time limit for each side to achieve their objective, if attacking to capture and if defending to retain ownership. So on the day of your match with the Squad your battling, you need to designate 2 hours for your match. We will have a Break after the first segment when we get ready to switch sides of 10 minutes for you the players to use the Latrine or get a cold beverage or to make a quick Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich for your kids or your wife :D

As in the previous Squad Challenges, this will be a "ONE LIFE" Combat Mission. So if you die during the mission, your dead until the that segment is over and your Squad Switches sides to the 2nd segment of the match. So Death, or not dying ios very Important to your Squad and your Death could be the Death that could determine wether or not your Squad wins or loses the segment of the match over all. Communication and Team Work are the most important aspects of the Squad Challenge. So your Team is more important in these Challenges than your Stats and how many players you can kill.

Here is a Video of the Forward Base and the combat area that the Battle will take place in.

s1uFoqj7tHY

Basic Rules

1) Squads will remain at the mission screen with the selected infantry or vehicle they will be using for the Battle. Once the "Spawn in and commence Battle" is given, then both Squads will spawn in and start the mission and the 1 hour timer will be started.

2) One Death per player per match segment.

3) Victory for the Attackers (Allied) is for them to have Infantry in any of the 5 concrete Bunkers / Pillbox's and Control at least 1 of the Bunkers / Pillbox's when the 1 hour timer expires or Kill all of their enemies.

The Defenders (Axis) to achieve Victory must keep the Attackers from controlling (having Infantry inside) any of the 5 concrete Bunkers / Pillbox's at the end of the 1 hour time limit or kill all of their enemies.

4) Axis Defenders spawn in at the Gamaches to Londinieres Forward Base

5) Allied Attackers will start at the AB in Londinieres

6) Other rules may be applied to the event if needed for clairity on issues that arise

Equipment sets

Attackers (Allied Infantry can be either French or British for this Squad Challenge)

2 Trucks (Laffy or Bedford only)

3 SMG's

3 LMG's

3 mortors

12 Rifles

3 M3a3 Stuart

3 Crusader II

1 R-35

Defenders

1 Opel

2 Sdkfz 251

3 SMG's

3 LMG's

3 mortors

12 Rifles

2 PzKw.IIIh

1 StuG.IIIb

1 PzKw.IVd

2 Pak.38

Edited by JAMMYMAN

The Squad Challenge III Compitition Details will be posted on the 26th of December.

Can your Squad knock the 91st SturmBattallion off the mountain as the winner of Squad Challenge I and II and take the Title from them in Squad Challenge III?

Only time will tell :D

The Squad Challenge III Compitition Details will be posted on the 26th of December.

Can your Squad knock the 91st SturmBattallion off the mountain as the winner of Squad Challenge I and II and take the Title from them in Squad Challenge III?

Only time will tell :D

91st looks forward to all challengers :D

Yep The 91st looks forward to remaining UNDEFEATED SQUAD CHALLENGE CHAMPIONS

All challengers welcome to give it a go if they are up to it :D

I think last one had either 6-8, maybe some more idk. First one I believe had same number. There are so many active squads would be nice to have them all up against each other, even some small squads can give the larger ones a run for their money as long as they play smart.

Anyways, hope to see more squads than last one, because winning the challenge twice is good, but would be so much better if every squad participated.

Hope to see 3DLM there, think you guys might be same size as 91st, or close to it.

I think last one had either 6-8, maybe some more idk. First one I believe had same number. There are so many active squads would be nice to have them all up against each other, even some small squads can give the larger ones a run for their money as long as they play smart.

Anyways, hope to see more squads than last one, because winning the challenge twice is good, but would be so much better if every squad participated.

Hope to see 3DLM there, think you guys might be same size as 91st, or close to it.

IIRC, the 101st almost beat a large Squad out numbered 3 to 1 in the last Squad Challenge ... and your comment hits the nail on the head ...... Anyone can Win no matter how large or small the Squad is because Communication and Team Work are 2 of the biggest factors to winning :D

We still intend to win it JAMMYMAN and you can tell MOTORMOUTH that we want and Airfield or a Bridge named after us if we succeed ;)

Well personally I like competitions, but I was told last time that the official stance of our squad is that we do not wish to compete with the other squads in a "im better than you" kind off challenge. CO didnt saw the need for it.

But maybe I'll be able to change managu's mind this time :D

JAMMY just to confirm that you have to have an infantry persona in any bunker when the hour timer reaches zero, not as soon as an infantry persona gets in a bunker the round is over.

JAMMY just to confirm that you have to have an infantry persona in any bunker when the hour timer reaches zero' date=' not as soon as an infantry persona gets in a bunker the round is over.[/quote']

Unless all of your Enemies are dead, it's who ever has control then the timer reaches Zero.

We saw several last year that the outcome was determined in the last minute. One i know of was determined in the last 30 seconds of the match :D

Well personally I like competitions, but I was told last time that the official stance of our squad is that we do not wish to compete with the other squads in a "im better than you" kind off challenge. CO didnt saw the need for it.

But maybe I'll be able to change managu's mind this time :D

It's not about i'm Better than you at all. It's about your Squad competing in a Challenge that requires Team Work, Commincations, and Combat Tactics to achieve an objective. You just happen to be match against another Squad.

Yes we do keep Points and what ever Squad has the most points when the challenge is over gets what ever i can sweet talk CRS into doing for that Squad. Right now, there is a Patch in game that you can select to wear on your Persona like the B1 1st year players patch you see people dispalying.

Bragging that your better than who ever realy has not been something the Squads have done. It's been good clean combat and putting your Squad to a real combat situation test and see how you do and improving the things you feel need work which in turn helps your Squad in the live server in the combat thier.

Several of the Squads actually go to the Training Server and Practice all the time. The Squad Challenge helps them improve thier ingame skills and actually helps them put thier training to the test and improves the game play for them.

I hope your Squad signs up and gives it a try. I think you'll be supprised at how hard it is and the Challenge it gives a Squad in a one life combat situation where staying alive means everything.

Sounds good to me so far.

BTW, can we get it set up on training server? As in make Gamaches Axis and put French into Londinieres, thanks.

I wasnt saying that 91st is bragging or whatever lol, theyre a great squad. :)

I probably didnt use a good enough vocabulary to really express what I meant.

I wasnt trying to snob the event, on the contrary I personally wish 3dlm would participate but, as I should have more clearly said, we have already a pretty busy program with a training day on monday and a squad night on wednesday, so organizing this puts a bit more pressure on our officers, and we have a lot of casual players who just play on these particular days so they can be hard to muster for non SN related events.

Anyways, I made a thread in our forums, hopefully there will be some interest.

We're a squad that puts a lot of emphasis on training, I understand what you mean jammy, really, been in plenty of situation where life or death mattered and I can see why this event could be cool. :)

Edited by Lob12

Cheers Lob12 and I sincerely hope 3DLM is in this, not much more we can do convincing on this thread, up to you guys talking amongst yourselves mostly.

Would also love to see half the other squads in this as well, even if they may not be posting I am sure some other lurkers can work on convincing other squads to join in. 23rd Armor maybe, or 3 Panzer, maybe 1LB and KGW also, 101st even and I am sure many more that skip my mind right now

Lob hope 3DLM will be a part of the Challenge .

Preparing for the squad challenge is great training for any squad . The Challenge is all about team work and team work training / practice is good for all squads.

Jammy any idea when the first round will be ?

SMG

Lob hope 3DLM will be a part of the Challenge .

Preparing for the squad challenge is great training for any squad . The Challenge is all about team work and team work training / practice is good for all squads.

Jammy any idea when the first round will be ?

SMG

Front Page article will probably not go up till CRS gets back in the Office from the Xmas break they are on.

So thats probably going to be on the 3rd or 4th of January. I'll have a 2 week period for sign ups after that, maybe let it run to the 21st. Take the next week to count up the Squads signed up and get the pairings set up for each of the match's and then send out the 1st set of match's to the Squads and then as the last 2 Challenges, give them a time frame to have them scheduled and played by.

So, a rough Guess from me would be match's will start in Febuary. The time frame the Squads will have to set a date and time between them for their match's will determine how many weeks they will have.

I assume no FRUs are allowed for this tournament? or can a mission leader set up a FRU, and if he has not been killed, despawn, and spawn back in on his FRU if he wants to?

91st_KRAZYDOG.gif

Edited by krazydog

Jam....now not to be to critical, but you seriously gotta rethink the make up you have on the unit types......even in modern terms of tactics its advised you have a 3 to 1 odds as an attacker hitting a fortified area...now the way the game works its even tougher as an attacker....just putting that out there so as not to be to frustrating as the attacker .

Now I dont care how good a squad thinks they are, I am just saying the organizational make up puts the attacker at a serious disadvantage.

1) Fortified positions.

2) Defender Knows you are comming and most likely will know the ground.

3) Lack of ability due to weapon systems to actually prep target as the attacker.

Not sure if you could allow the attacker the ability to respawn once or just change the make up of what units are allowed, not busting chops here just making an observation.

Hello Lexfire. :)

Long time no see Sir.

(Yeah, I know that is off topic.)

Until we see a Submarine....

I'll have to check with the powers at be, but I think the 101st wouldn't mind another piece of the 91st. ;)

Will the rules remain the same throughout the whole tournament? or will they randomly change between rounds as has happened in the past?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0