Followers 0
HuskerGI

grey screen help

7 posts in this topic

Yes I think you've talked about this.

But.

Asus g737h i7-720QM

ati mobility radeon HD 5870

game ran fine except a few ctds. updated the catalisty program with complete package (drivers and all). Now getting grey screen with vertical green stripes after 5 minutes of play even with low settings.

10.10 is version

HELP

thanks

Tried any of the hotfix drivers? Don't know if they're avaliable for mobility though..

Latest hotfix is 10.10e

From where did you download the driver btw? AMD or ASUS?

Edited by munchkin

I found hotfix 10.10c last night.

Got it from AMD.

10.10c seems like it might have stopped the issue, but it got late and I didn't play very long or in large battles.

Tonight I will run a better test.

Throwing this out there: Is the graphics card getting very hot?

I had green vertical lines and a grey screen when a graphics card failed on me.

What makes me say that is you start off playing ok, but after a while it suddenly starts being a problem.

No I don't think the card is getting hot. I have good cooling and also have the cooling station under the laptop to help keep the overall case cool.

The rig was working pretty well prior to me updating the drivers. I had some small ctd issues and was advised to try updating the drivers. I followed the links to AMD's website and downloaded the recommended package (catalyst 10.10 with drivers included). When I reloaded into game I played just long enough to drive out of veh tent and grey screen appears. Fought it for 3 hours last night. Same thing over and over.

I cannot find this 10.10e update. However, as of last night it seems the 10.10c helped. I will try getting in game over lunch today to play in heavy combat and see what happens.

S! and thanks guys!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0