Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jiggscasey

Imprecise movement / controlability issue.

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm a returning player. Used to play quite a bit back in the early part of the decade. Haven't played in many years.

Back then, I don't recall this problem.

So far I've only been able to play as infantry (rifleman). I notice that my movement is very imprecise. For example, when I'm moving in one direction or the other I keep moving in that direction for a moment after I've stopped pressing the movement key. This is unlike other games where stopped is stopped. Makes it feel like I'm drunk while moving in this game and it is somewhat annoying. Is this a setting that I can fix or is it just the way the game runs?

I also notice that the movement of my weapon is not as fast, or as precise as other "shooters". I realize this isn't that kind of game so I'm thinking that these issues might be part of WW2OL's "realism" mechanics.

I have my mouse setting at about 3/4 and my visual settings are maxed (yes, my PC can handle it).

Anything else I need to know?

This won't keep me from playing, but I'd like to fix it if I can. If not, I'll simply adjust the way I approach the game.

Going to lone-wolf it for my trial period in order to really get the hang of things before joining a unit.

Also, I'm having real trouble getting a headset mic to work with my PC. I've tried everything. I have an external mic (via webcam) that works fine, but this isn't really an option because the background noise makes any transmission inaudible, especially when in a vehicle. I'm worried that this is a Windows 7 problem. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

So far I've only been able to play as infantry (rifleman). I notice that my movement is very imprecise. For example' date=' when I'm moving in one direction or the other I keep moving in that direction for a moment after I've stopped pressing the movement key.[/quote']That's really odd.

Just a hunch: you using a wireless mouse/keyboard?

the background noise makes any transmission inaudible, especially when in a vehicle.
I find myself adjust PC volume depending on context; tank is worst, planes are loud; bofors in wait or FB defense I want max.

Having said that: you can adjust Effects volume (and Music too) in Preferences.

I went another step: both amplified speakers and headphones hooked up. So I can still monitor while just driving.

So far I've only been able to play as infantry (rifleman). I notice that my movement is very imprecise. For example, when I'm moving in one direction or the other I keep moving in that direction for a moment after I've stopped pressing the movement key. This is unlike other games where stopped is stopped. Makes it feel like I'm drunk while moving in this game and it is somewhat annoying. Is this a setting that I can fix or is it just the way the game runs?

I've only experienced this inside buildings, like I'm being sucked out the windows.

Hi, I'm a returning player. Used to play quite a bit back in the early part of the decade. Haven't played in many years.

Back then, I don't recall this problem.

Well, the game will always take your inertia into account, just like in real life you can't just stop. I don't see how it can be imprented as a "drunk" feel, so maybe it's something with a wireless keyboard/bad framerate?

Edited by Fredrik1

I think he may be talking about getting hung with objects. Perfect example is when you login and you're inside a building and have to walk down the stairs from hell. That's not a good first impresson btw. I haven't had issues where as an infantry I keep creeping in the direction I was headed. That does sound like a wireless mouse to me.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0