Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doctahg

TrackIR help needed..

15 posts in this topic

Hi..can anyone tell mw how to get TrackIR working ingame? Does anythign need to be set? Please give me a heads up cause it doesnt just work and there are no instructions about what to setup!

TY

Doc

ANSWERED my own ?!!

Any tips for itsuse would be nice though!! lol

Edited by doctahg

Hi..can anyone tell mw how to get TrackIR working ingame? Does anythign need to be set? Please give me a heads up cause it doesnt just work and there are no instructions about what to setup!

TY

Doc

ANSWERED my own ?!!

Any tips for itsuse would be nice though!! lol

Doc,

See me in game...I have TrackIR and can walk you through it.

Is TrackIR good in game?

Flying only or inf / tanks / guns as well?

I be interested in info on it.

It's great for all types.

Once you get used to it, you will wonder how you ever played without it.

For me, flying without it is like driving my car with tunnel vision.

Is TrackIR good in game?

Flying only or inf / tanks / guns as well?

I be interested in info on it.

The only thing I don't use it for is infantry since I find it hard to line up quickly on someone with it enabled. For everything else, I find it to be essential and can't play without it!

Some people have a little harder time to adapt to it

For me it was instant. If you get it and it feels strange, keep using it and you soon wonder how you managed without it

trackIR is great for everything except infantry. it is pretty expensive and there is a very cheap alternative that is just as good called freetrack. u can make your own trackIR setup for about $30 (much much cheaper if u already have a webcam).

http://www.free-track.net/english/

I love it for infantry. Actually I like TrackIR in this game better then games that have all the 3 spacial points supported. Up/down/left/right is perfect.

I find it at its best in vehicles and most of all Bofors or AA guns. Its so much easier to keep aware of your 360%. About the only place I dont like it is in airplanes, tho others love flying with it.S!

In keymapper be sure to identify a key to activate the freelook or mouselook and then when setting mouselook axis move your head (with trackir on) to set the x & y axis.

Bind the TrackIR axis to mouse look X and Y in keymapper in the same way you would bind a mouse or joystick axis.

Then you use mouse look on/off toggle to activate TrackIR.

You also want to check the "Center" key in the TrackIR software in case TrackIR lose its center. I've disabled all other hotkeys in TrackIR.

Absolutely tremendous for flying. You dont lose the view anymore! Don't like it for infantry, but i never play INF with mouse look anyways.

I can't figure out why my TrackIr doesn't work with infantry. It works fine with vehicles . . . but not infantry. I'm not sure I even want it with infantry, but I'd like to try it and see.

I've got the views set up correctly as far as I know. Like I said, it works fine when I hit "N" with everything but infantry.

What am I missing, if anything?

I can't figure out why my TrackIr doesn't work with infantry. It works fine with vehicles . . . but not infantry. I'm not sure I even want it with infantry, but I'd like to try it and see.

I've got the views set up correctly as far as I know. Like I said, it works fine when I hit "N" with everything but infantry.

What am I missing, if anything?

Look under your infantry keymapper. There's a section for views within the infantry section (not the standalone section called "views" above infantry). Make sure TrackIR is set for mouselook and that "n" is the hotkey. If it is, make sure nothing else is mapped to "n" elsewhere.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0