Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

The New 109 Control

Enigma

Seeing how the Allies are making great use of their new Bell by flying only Spitfire Mk. IXs on the training server, this threat title is justified.

How do you guys like the Bf-109 so far? It is important to fly with default settings on your joystick. So far I am not a huge fan, albeit I sort of knew I was not going to be a fan going into it. I was kicking *** before it, so I guess the only way things could have turned out for me would have been in a bad way. I am trying to re-adjust as quickly as possible.

I am going to go on the training server now, seeing how the only air fight in game is between Maubeuge and Bertrix, over Dinant. I'm hopeful I will end up liking it. I have only flown with it once so far and I ended up flopping out hard.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DOC

• javelin1

• gutted

• Enigma

Top Posters In This Topic

They should knock the planeset back one tier. Allies aren't even trying to test out the bell. All i see are Spit IX's and p38's everywhere (at time of posting). Haven't seen one bell.

They "fixed" the Blen I.

Tragedy!!

;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The BEST part of the Blen I was the fact that it could depart controlled flight whenever you wanted to! Half of my (developed during a grand total of 5~ sorties) defensive maneuvers practically relied on the fact that the plane could spin and snap roll around on a whim!

Grim news, indeed.

Get on the training server guys. There are 4 of us testing it now.

We need more targets and more 109s testing.

So far we really don't like it. The only up side that I saw was being able to pull full joystick input after a dive and maintain a decent turn. Besides that I have been flopping hard. Most of my flops happen immediately after a knife fight--I turn away to fly back to base and my plane just flops.

Blahhhhh feels like I am a green tag all over again.

Edited by Enigma

To fly like how I always flew, I have to drop almost full negative trim in every fight. Back in the day, I would never have to do that. I would only have to do that for long sustained turns. I feel bad for anyone who doesn't have a trim wheel. I really can't see how this will be easier for new pilots. My 109 is flopping like crazy, I can't push any envelope without the risk of flopping.

I used to only flop at altitudes above 6,000m or when I was damaged. Now I am flopping right on the deck.

E:

Thanks to Doggy and Vaporr1 in helping our testing.

Edited by Enigma

The problem seems much worse now. I never used to flop at low speed but now i can hardly do any low speed maneuvers before i spin out of control.

I dunno. I like the characteristics in the few knife fights I got in. I'll take awhile getting used to the less-bouncy nose when unloaded. Stalls in the G6 were pretty docile compared to the way it used to be and I was able to recover with some nose-down with fairly minimal altitude.

Took a few hits in the G6, and i couldn't do anything. Plane flipped and flopped everytime i pulled back.

While flying at slow speed i decided to hamfist it to see how it reacted. I pushed hard forward and the plane tried to do a forward flip lol.

Edited by gutted

Neutral trim state missed the cut, this means there is a patch pending which will remove about 7 clicks of down trim you *need* to do now to achieve neutral trim state.

If you have default joystick config and add 7 clicks of down trim to the elevator (in v1.32.6.255) you will perhaps understand better what is bugging you and how to fix it until the patch arrives, which will not be long at all.

The "retrim neautral trim state after the changes" should not have been missed but it was. If you add it in yourself by trimming down, it makes a world of differance.

Much worse for me, F4 tried several differant settings off line from no scaleing all the way back to how I did use it. if this is the new FM I'm done. It took all my skill to make the previous one work and this is much worse. good luck to the new guys. Allied air is going to eat them alive. I was floping at full flaps at the same AoA I used before and that just never happened. it does now. And It aint trim AoA is AoA. :mad:

they didn't fix the flop, they cut 2 feet off of each wing, I can't hold a sustained turn, I just nose dive.

This is flipping insane. So now that the game is "fixed" tell me what we have to do so we can use a 109 again? Do we have to delete our calib files all over again?

plane is much more stable and i can hold turns much better. Can also hold my nose on a target better. I like the changes.

obvious_troll.jpg

In other news, there is only ONE Bell pilot flying Allied right now. Glad to know the Allies are testing out the Spit IX's climb rate and not the Bell's new input settings.

Man i love the bell now!!! LOL!!! **Points n laughs at td and enig**!!! :)

That was so lame. We both completely flopped out. I was twisting and turning with you, not scared at all and in control of the situation. TD was right in the area and we were having fun. All of a sudden I flopped and then he flopped too =\ This new 109 is really making me rethink my sub.

Edited by Enigma

I dont like it.

I rarely flopped the F4 in a turnfight. Tonight im flopping in every fight. I used to be able to ride the edge of the stall in the F4, now i can't feel it anymore.

will take alot of stick time to adjust.

Edited by gutted

Man i love the bell now!!! LOL!!! **Points n laughs at td and enig**!!! :)

I was learning the hard way that apparently the "new and improved 109" means that a gentle 1/3rd stick or less pull while rolled over past 90 degrees equals an instant snap roll at moderate speeds.

On the other hand, I tried the Bell on the training server earlier tonight and it didn't seem much different then before, so that's nice (more reason to fly FAF at least, muha).

Edit for clarification: G6 that is, F4 doesn't seem quite so bad, but even it has a strange new "prepared to flop" zone where it gets really, really floaty feeling and just about any stick input causes a snap roll/flop.

Edited by toiletduck

Give us back our old 109s.

This forum requires that you wait 40 seconds between posts. Please try again in 14 seconds.