• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAMMYMAN

Pearl Harbor AAR'S Post them here

61 posts in this topic

USS Honolulu #31

5 hits on stukas

1 kill on stuka

Rote3 droped a bomb in the kitchen of my DD for the credit but my gunners was ready for the next wave.

hey i came back the 2nd wave but you weren't there anymore. please try to comply when you make a date.

1st wave damage on two TT's, kill on drhahn's DD, killed by ice

2nd wave damage on two DD's

so long slpr

USS Tennesse? (Dunno, switched from the St. Louis).

Not sure if it counted just mine, or also my captains (Kh21shrk), but when I exited I(or we) had

6 hits - Stukas

3 Kills -Stukas (all 3 during the 1st wave)

1st wave :

I leave Brussel under stugatz lead as torpedo bomber . We attack the destroyer line SE of the island while stukas attack by north .

I was in head of the formation on stugatz side, i received a lot of hits, but my plane still fly straight .

Result : USS Pennsylvania Battleship - Xxiiiarmor/Ltsquirt - sunk

(the only one who was not well lined up with others)

2nd wave :

We reloaded our torps at antwerp with all our Blen squad (not even one smoked) and does exactly the same attack than first wave.

I was the lonely survivor of this raid .

Result : 1 destroyer of the SE line sunk - Sr1 -

(I haven't found him on subcriber list)

3rd wave :

After the reload antwerp, i decided to follow the stuka group for sink the Arizona by NE attack .But while take off, he was reported sunk, by giggadee, during the first wave .So my target would be one of those battleship still floating , NE of island .

Result : USS Neveda Battleship - Julesr/Raven4 - sunk

(dived to 2km alt on him, due to my high speed , I release my torp at the last moment .I was well slaughtered by his AAs and crashed on Pearl Harbor Island)

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2663/sshot3211.jpg

I would thanks all those guys who made this 80 mins of fun possible and thereby move the game to a higher level of pleasure .Good victory Navy !

(I want also say F*** at those guys (always the same) who put all their heart to destroy each event and who don't honnor their squad .)

Bravo !

Edited by ke3p3r

USS Chew (#44) - Southern String of DDs on the Far East end by myself...

Captain: Terribad

Gunner: Gunslingrr

5 Hits on Stukas

2 Kills on Stukas

1 Kill on Blen-T

Took a torp to the front end in the beginning of the 2nd wave... stayed afloat lost primary main...

died in 3rd wave... survived ph3 though ;)

That was me you hit. One plink to the head and I was dead. I was circling back to see where the torp I dropped was going to hit. Maybe it was me who hit you too. Anyways, good shot. !S

1st wave :

I leave Brussel under stugatz lead as torpedo bomber . We attack the destroyer line SE of the island while stukas attack by north .

I was in head of the formation on stugatz side, i received a lot of hits, but my plane still fly straight .

Result : USS Pennsylvania Battleship - Xxiiiarmor/Ltsquirt - sunk

(the only one who was not well lined up with others)

2nd wave :

We reloaded our torps at antwerp with all our Blen squad (not even one smoked) and does exactly the same attack than first wave.

I was the lonely survivor of this raid .

Result : 1 destroyer of the SE line sunk - Sr1 -

(I haven't found him on subcriber list)

3rd wave :

After the reload antwerp, i decided to follow the stuka group for sink the Arizona by NE attack .But while take off, he was reported sunk, by giggadee, during the first wave .So my target would be one of those battleship still floating , NE of island .

Result : USS Neveda Battleship - Julesr/Raven4 - sunk

(dived to 2km alt on him, due to my high speed , I release my torp at the last moment .I was well slaughtered by his AAs and crashed on Pearl Harbor Island)

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2663/sshot3211.jpg

I would thanks all those guys who made this 80 mins of fun possible and thereby move the game to a higher level of pleasure .Good victory Navy !

(I want also say F*** at those guys (always the same) who put all their heart to destroy each event and who don't honnor their squad .)

Bravo !

I'm curious. Just how many Torp Bombers were there.?

Ice, Fleet Command

I'm curious. Just how many Torp Bombers were there.?

Ice, Fleet Command

5 on the first wave and 4 on the second... we lost 1 on the first wave.

I just managed to take off from Vliss, and while I congratulated myself for clearing the treetops, I was hit by a zero (hot74rod) then crashed into the treetops anyway.

I spent the rest of the event trying to swat stukas with a bofors and missed everything!...such is life :)

I spent the rest of the event trying to swat stukas with a bofors and missed everything!...such is life :)

ROFL....

You think that is bad check this out.

After getting sunk like a rock in the first wave I finally managed to find and get a Bofors.

It was at this point that I discovered that I don't know how to hook up to a truck so I had to push it all the way to the edge of the Harbour.

Then I had to ask publicly how one deployed a Bofors .... cough.

Then the dang gun wouldn't fire because the trigger on my joystick has broken off and I always use the keyboard commands.

So then I had to go into keymapper and change the fire option.

Then I shot every round of ammo that dang Bofors has and didn't hit a bleeding thing. LOL

Ice, Fleet Command

On the first wave I followed Gigadee in but was unable to line up my ju87 on the ship he targeted. So I lined up on the one further from the shore. I shored hits on 1 DD and 2 frmle's. Waiting until the last second to drop I just missed the water and land when I pulled out of my dive. Skimming across the water I started to climb when my tail got shot off throwing my right into the water.

On the second wave I was the 3rd aircraft and followed gigermann. For this wave I wanted to hit the target gig hit earlier but I saw my first DD was still alive. I nosed up, popped my dive brakes and rolled verticle. With the ship lined up just right I dropped all my ordnance on him. I immediate saw the kill credit. This time I was able to escape with out a problem and landed back at antwerp.

I had so much fun with this, and it was amazing to see so many ju87's diving in all around me. Had a blast! I wish there were events like this every other month or something. Maybe Normandy, or Battle of Narvik.

Killed typhon (sp) DD 2nd run. Killed a hawk, Bonifatus last run and had my engine shot out by Bandit4 in a p38. But the 38 died in a collision with my tail.

Oh, hit 9 edds, 3 fmbs, 2 bofors.

*Typhun ;).

and you total git - those bombs went right down the smoke stack!

USS West Virginia.

4 hits on stuka's, 1 on a 109, no Kills.

ROFL....

You think that is bad check this out.

After getting sunk like a rock in the first wave I finally managed to find and get a Bofors.

It was at this point that I discovered that I don't know how to hook up to a truck so I had to push it all the way to the edge of the Harbour.

Then I had to ask publicly how one deployed a Bofors .... cough.

Then the dang gun wouldn't fire because the trigger on my joystick has broken off and I always use the keyboard commands.

So then I had to go into keymapper and change the fire option.

Then I shot every round of ammo that dang Bofors has and didn't hit a bleeding thing. LOL

Ice, Fleet Command

LOL, glad I wasn't the only one who had bofors issues!

It was a great event, and I was glad to be a part (however small!) of it.

Jammy was that my Torp?

I thnnik so, i even have it hitting a ship and in the same segment another Torpedo that went right between 2 of the ships missing :D

I just managed to take off from Vliss, and while I congratulated myself for clearing the treetops, I was hit by a zero (hot74rod) then crashed into the treetops anyway.

I hope the Allied fighters are not to upset by how it was set up. In the real attack, alot were killed trying to get to the planes and take off, and IIRC only 2 American planes made it off the ground and that was from a very small AF that was not attacked by the japanese. I wanted to make it Tough for the Fighters so that you would not be up high picking off the bombers before they came in attacking the fleet.

I know Ratware got off the ground and survived, i saw Hed up there also in the 2nd wave, i saw Enigma made it up there as well but he got shot down over Veere IIRC (i have that on film).

I know 1 of the fighter pilots was pretty upset about this when he got killed on the runway / taking off.

So, my ? to you and the rest of the Allied Pilots .....

1) Do you think it was to Unfair for you guys to have to sit and wait to be attacked before you could take off?

2) Where did you guys sit at, on the runway or in the Hangar?

I think we all knew what the deal was seeing as it was pearl harbour, a surprise attack (the Americans did lose after all) - and on top of that it was spelt out to each one of us when we signed up, so anyone who complained is just complaining for the sake of complaining. ;)

to begin with we were pretty much all parked up next to eachother on the west side of the Airfield (same way as you would if you were forming a Fighter Sweep for example) but someone mis-called a take off early, so most of us ended up either taking off and having to land again, or aborting our takeoffs half way - so we ended up spread out across the Airfield.

Granted it wasn't much fun getting killed on take off, but it's what we signed up for, and after all it was always going to be a Navy vs Airforce game.

Now if you wanted Navy and Airforce vs Airforce I'd recomend a Battle of Britain Convoys event, just replace the P-40s with Spits and patroling Hurris and have the ships all moving along in, well.. convoys. :D

Edited by mjdixon

Jammy was that my Torp?

I think so, i even have it hitting a ship.......

Groan...... ;)

.... and in the same segment another Torpedo that went right between 2 of the ships missing :D

Now that works for me. :D

I am a touch bias'd though. :)

Ice, Fleet Command

Edited by icetwp

I know 1 of the fighter pilots was pretty upset about this when he got killed on the runway / taking off.

............and on top of that it was spelt out to each one of us when we signed up, so anyone who complained is just complaining for the sake of complaining. ;)

That would be correct Mjdixon and thank you for pointing it out.

All possible Naval Pilots were all given a warning with the exception of Jamesi.

The warning, or something very similar was this following example:

H81 for me' date=' might also fly a H75 - or nothing, thanks.[/quote']

H-81/H-75 it is.

3 things to consider:

1. You will have to be on the ground and at the mercy of the 109-E4s if they hit you before bombs are dropped at Pearl Harbour.

2. Jammyman currently has a "lottery" for fighter pilot positions. If signups exceed 12 Naval fighters and your number is not picked out of the "hat" you cannot play as a fighter. But you would have time to signup for a Fairmile, which has an excellent twin 20mm gun.

3. If you die, whether on the ground or in the air, you may immediately get a Bofors at Veere or Kamperland.

Understood.?

Ice, Fleet Command

There is no cause for complaint.

Ice, Fleet Command

Edited by icetwp

Now if you wanted Navy and Airforce vs Airforce I'd recomend a Battle of Britain Convoys event, just replace the P-40s with Spits and patroling Hurris and have the ships all moving along in, well.. convoys. :D

Already have one planned out on paper!

Now if someone boots someones ars, it can happen (looks at Jammyman ;) )

This would be awesome!

I hope the Allied fighters are not to upset by how it was set up. In the real attack, alot were killed trying to get to the planes and take off, and IIRC only 2 American planes made it off the ground and that was from a very small AF that was not attacked by the japanese. I wanted to make it Tough for the Fighters so that you would not be up high picking off the bombers before they came in attacking the fleet.

I know Ratware got off the ground and survived, i saw Hed up there also in the 2nd wave, i saw Enigma made it up there as well but he got shot down over Veere IIRC (i have that on film).

So, my ? to you and the rest of the Allied Pilots .....

1) Do you think it was to Unfair for you guys to have to sit and wait to be attacked before you could take off?

2) Where did you guys sit at, on the runway or in the Hangar?

Jammy, my post was not intended to be a complaint in any way. As Mjdixon said, we all knew what the deal was when we signed up. It was a realism event and the odds should be stacked exactly as they were in RL otherwise it is just an 'event'.

My lack of prowess in a bofors is just my problem. I think I close my eyes when I pull the trigger. ;)

Bring on the Battle of Britain convoy event!

Jammy, my post was not intended to be a complaint in any way. As Mjdixon said, we all knew what the deal was when we signed up. It was a realism event and the odds should be stacked exactly as they were in RL otherwise it is just an 'event'.

My lack of prowess in a bofors is just my problem. I think I close my eyes when I pull the trigger. ;)

Bring on the Battle of Britain convoy event!

i didn't take your post as a complaint at all Speedy :D (but there was one who was really unhappy and vocal about it to me in chat)

i was glad to see a couple of the Allied Fighters make it off the ground and able to get in the fight. i wonder if those who did make it up got any kills?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0