Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAMMYMAN

Pearl Harbor AAR'S Post them here

61 posts in this topic

I was the lead {zero} across the AF, AC were scattered as reported, as far as 2 directions of attack by us was planned, plan was Mgs only on ground or taxing AF 1st pass, cannon on flying EA. As it was s surprize attack, you get what u get, but next one I would seriously give the P-40 H87 to them as it has multible 50s (6) not just 2 as in the 81. Got Boni once and someone else forgot who............ was fun, but would be better if allies had a better ship to fly. just my 2 cents

USS Neosho

TT on Battleship row

Crew never showed.

First wave took 6-8 bomb hits

Kill credit awarded to Nimrah

3 hits on Stukas, no kills

Finally got a bofors and spent the next two waves potting away at anything I could see.

5 hit, no kills.

USS Neosho

TT on Battleship row

Crew never showed.

First wave took 6-8 bomb hits

Kill credit awarded to Nimrah

3 hits on Stukas, no kills

Finally got a bofors and spent the next two waves potting away at anything I could see.

5 hit, no kills.

Yea, video showed you getting slammed hard.

I bet you got those kills, but someone else took credit ;)

Killed a transport (English I think) on the southern line in the first wave with a string of 50kg bombs. Not sure who it was.

That would be the USS Pyro ammunition ship crewed by myself and one other (forgot his name).

...So it was you! :mad:

:D

I hope the Allied fighters are not to upset by how it was set up. In the real attack, alot were killed trying to get to the planes and take off, and IIRC only 2 American planes made it off the ground and that was from a very small AF that was not attacked by the japanese. I wanted to make it Tough for the Fighters so that you would not be up high picking off the bombers before they came in attacking the fleet.

I know Ratware got off the ground and survived, i saw Hed up there also in the 2nd wave, i saw Enigma made it up there as well but he got shot down over Veere IIRC (i have that on film).

I know 1 of the fighter pilots was pretty upset about this when he got killed on the runway / taking off.

So, my ? to you and the rest of the Allied Pilots .....

1) Do you think it was to Unfair for you guys to have to sit and wait to be attacked before you could take off?

2) Where did you guys sit at, on the runway or in the Hangar?

We where all out in the open of the AF, when "zero"s came in from every direction.

Was pretty exciting to take of - unfortunately Xe was a too good and lucky opponent against me and oyaji.

I dont understand why you think we could shoot multiple stukas down with our H75 and H81, they lack firepower for that kind of stuff :)

We where not even a treat to the fighters - no zero fighters died to allied fighters fire did they? How could we possible be a treat to the stukas :D

I didnt think it was unfair, but afterall i almost survived the whole event in my beaten H75, providing a target.

I think the stukas alone would have been able to take us fighters down,

no problem, other problem was that there where too many 09s attaking the AF.

Edited by ratware

That would be correct Mjdixon and thank you for pointing it out.

All possible Naval Pilots were all given a warning with the exception of Jamesi.

The warning, or something very similar was this following example:

There is no cause for complaint.

Ice, Fleet Command

No complaints about the rules, everyone who signed up to be a target on the airfiled knew what he was getting into.

On the other hand, spending and hour and 30 minutes waiting to get shot on the airfield (or in my case, as one of the "lucky ones" who made it off the ground, getting shot 3 minutes later before ever seeing the attack) turned out to be not so much fun. I won't be back for next year unless there is a better chance of meaningful action - playing the sitting duck, hoping to survive straffing/bombing, hoping to survive the climb out and fight up to enemy fighters in inferior climbing machines, and hoping to get a crack at the bombers after all that just isn't worth it: the odds are crap for so much time spent waiting. None of our 9 fighters (of the 12 who started out and actually waited the whole hour and a half) had a chance to attack the swarm over the fleet. Our 2 fighters who did actually make it there were so crippled that they were unable to get the altitude they needed to attack against the 30 to 1 odds versus bombers and 2.5 to 1 vs. fighters even on the second wave, and spent their time dodging bullets and shooting none.

If you cut the number of fighters and then placed a hundred clones on the airfield, maybe that would improve the odds enough to generate future interest. As it was, the Allied planes were just part of the scenery and there to provide themselves as targets for other people's fun.

No complaints about the rules, everyone who signed up to be a target on the airfiled knew what he was getting into.

On the other hand, spending and hour and 30 minutes waiting to get shot on the airfield (or in my case, as one of the "lucky ones" who made it off the ground, getting shot 3 minutes later before ever seeing the attack) turned out to be not so much fun. I won't be back for next year unless there is a better chance of meaningful action - playing the sitting duck, hoping to survive straffing/bombing, hoping to survive the climb out and fight up to enemy fighters in inferior climbing machines, and hoping to get a crack at the bombers after all that just isn't worth it: the odds are crap for so much time spent waiting. None of our 9 fighters (of the 12 who started out and actually waited the whole hour and a half) had a chance to attack the swarm over the fleet. Our 2 fighters who did actually make it there were so crippled that they were unable to get the altitude they needed to attack against the 30 to 1 odds versus bombers and 2.5 to 1 vs. fighters even on the second wave, and spent their time dodging bullets and shooting none.

If you cut the number of fighters and then placed a hundred clones on the airfield, maybe that would improve the odds enough to generate future interest. As it was, the Allied planes were just part of the scenery and there to provide themselves as targets for other people's fun.

You were supposed to die. That was all part of the game. No need being sour grapes about it. You signed up for instant death and got it. So no need to complain.

After you dry your tears watch the movie Tora Tora Tora and picture yourself there.

I'm open for idea's on incorporating fighters into the mix!

I'm not open to that.

There should be no Fighters in the Pearl Harbour Events.

You tried it. It did not work.

What we got in the end was Jap Fighters strafing Ships. Something that is not historical.

So while the Naval Pilots got murdered on the ground, which is historical, we got something else that was not historical.

Permit me to repeat. No Fighters in the Pearl Harbour Events.

The Event is about Ships vs Bombers. Not Air vs Air or Fighters vs Ships.

Ice, Fleet Command

Edited by icetwp

Couldn't make it as I was working nights

Was fun to see Enigma getting BnZ'd for a change... it's normally him doing that to me ;)

Great vids!

My only thoughts on the vids are... any chance of making a short clip (2-3 mins) made up from little snippets of action from various angles? i.e. jump from place to place with quick edits...

e.g. - shot 1- high alt: stukas diving, dropping bombs, shot 2- medium alt: stukas getting shot down, shot 3- ground: multiple bombs hitting area, shot 4- low alt: jump to blen-T approach.... etc. and maybe include original sounds? Would be good to hear the wall of flak coming from all those ships :D not to mention the swarming drone of the inb aircraft

I think the footage you must have over the last 3 Pearl Harbours must be almost as extensive as still exists from 1941 :D

In terms of modifications, I'd maybe allow Naval ppl who get killed to come back as LMGs? Always fun as inf to shoot inb EA, and wouldn't have a major game-changing effect, plus waaaaay more mobile than a Bofors. Plus can deploy from FRU to harder to reach places.

I'm not open to that.

There should be no Fighters in the Pearl Harbour Events.

You tried it. It did not work.

What we got in the end was Jap Fighters strafing Ships. Something that is not historical.

So while the Naval Pilots got murdered on the ground, which is historical, we got something else that was not historical.

Permit me to repeat. No Fighters in the Pearl Harbour Events.

The Event is about Ships vs Bombers. Not Air vs Air or Fighters vs Ships.

Ice, Fleet Command

I though it was about masses of AA guns (in the form of ships) trying their best to shoot down the EA before they are destroyed.

Most of the fighters that did strafe ships where shot down, including that 190 IIRC.

I best most of the players liked having some little friends flying around, but the setup left much to be desired.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0