Pearl Harbor Movie and Screenshot thread

24 posts in this topic

Post your Screen Shots and Movies in here please

PART I

Hy40TdMoY6g

PART II

NMYHcMzT6K4

Edited by JAMMYMAN

I only got one PreWave I Screenshot which doesn't look totally bad. Slighty downsized from 1920 width to 1024, and cut out the lower part.

PearlHarbour-s.jpg

That was a good event.

I made few screenies and have it more realistic.

Pics taken from south line.

Before the raid

SShot17.jpg

Air Raid!

SShot35.jpg

Air Radar Warning.

SShot29.jpg

Poor devils.

SShot37.jpg

n97DoWcZa04

Should be avail in a min or 10.

Awesome. :)

You should have tried your 47mm bow gun. The odds of hitting EA with it are slim .... but consider that MotorMouth used her 5" main guns on a DD and downed a Stuka with them.

She is really getting good at this. :D

Ice, Fleet Command

Hi,

I was in a "Zero". I stayed S enemy AF 5k till we received the attack order. Then I thought best place to found EA trying to climb was W AF. I found a low H75 but he managed to avoid all my BZ attacks quite well. I lost a lot of E fighting him and a H81 with more alt appeared. I decided to leave the pretty damaged H75 and stay defensive with that Hawk. Hawk missed some shoots BZing me and I was very lucky when I managed to gain his long six in the climb and had a chance. Only see one plinck in his plane but he dove in to the sea. Maybe Hit in head. Thanks for the fight Mr. Oyaji.

That was the funniest for me. Was very hard to find EA after that. I saw some hawks with altitude fighting some Zeros and one of them dove on me. I turned hard, rolled... and he rammed me. Was a H81. I could see him very close behind me :).

Then decided to attack some boats and a very low H75 that was flying over EDDs. Kamikaze rules. That was the end for me. EDDs and fmbs gave me tracers all around and I gave them my right wing.

59m8rqCvk2M

Was fun. Ty to organizers.

Godspeed!

Hi,

I was in a "Zero". I stayed S enemy AF 5k till we received the attack order. Then I thought best place to found EA trying to climb was W AF. I found a low H75 but he managed to avoid all my BZ attacks quite well. I lost a lot of E fighting him and a H81 with more alt appeared. I decided to leave the pretty damaged H75 and stay defensive with that Hawk. Hawk missed some shoots BZing me and I was very lucky when I managed to gain his long six in the climb and had a chance. Only see one plinck in his plane but he dove in to the sea. Maybe Hit in head. Thanks for the fight Mr. Oyaji.

That was the funniest for me. Was very hard to find EA after that. I saw some hawks with altitude fighting some Zeros and one of them dove on me. I turned hard, rolled... and he rammed me. Was a H81. I could see him very close behind me :).

Then decided to attack some boats and a very low H75 that was flying over EDDs. Kamikaze rules. That was the end for me. EDDs and fmbs gave me tracers all around and I gave them my right wing.

59m8rqCvk2M

Godspeed!

We appreciate the film and your right wing. :)

Ice, Fleet Command

Hi,

59m8rqCvk2M

Godspeed!

There were only 9 Allied airplanes instead of 12 (some guys got tired of waiting for an hour and a half and went to play on the live server instead), and of those only 4 I know of survived to get off the ground. The H75 was Ratware. When I was foiled by too much speed to land rounds on you, I bled off too much, trying to get a quick save for Ratware (whom you damaged on the first pass). I should have played it safe and extended out level, but I wanted to save my friend and so I got too aggressive. One BB plink headshot and it was over - an hour and a half sitting waiting for the event spent for 3 minutes of getting shot on the airfield, struggling to climb, and 2 bursts fired at bad angles - bah, not the best time I've had in the game, to be sure. The FW190 who straffed and killed my friends Adam and Dasquirrel in their fairmille looked like he was having fun though. Ratware lasted through the second wave with his damaged plane ony able to make 260kph and unable to climb, so the 109s and the 190 had an easy time with him - crippled, he spent all his time dodging bullets and not getting to shoot at anything. Since he wasn't allowed to change his plane to a H81 even though we had no-shows and were down 3, nor could he replane either by the rules, he just stayed to offer himself as a target. I don't think that was very much fun for him, either.

The reason you couldn't find any EA was because there weren't any. I was gonna split, but I was reminded that I was allowed to play AAA. Being a pilot I had not the least interest in that, but I did wonder what the battle I missed looked like, so I wheeled out the fastest AAA gun, a Ca mle 38 and pushed out to the water in time to see the second wave. I tried to shoot the planes off Ratware but missed the FW190 that was after him. I did get one of the 109s that was on him - about 2 seconds after he tore off Rat's wing. On our side, we did have a P-38 who kept spawning in and who finally left and never did take off (after I asked him several times not to, because the event was going on) - and one side-switcher who spawned an H87 a couple times who did. I hope he didn't kill anybody, but I don't know. :(

I also bagged a Stuka, so I guess it was worth pushing out for the second wave even though I don't know how to do anything but fly. I was cussing that damn gun the whole time - dead slow and no climb rate at all, I won't take one of those out again! I never got to see the battle, except for about 20 seconds of about 70 Stukas appearing straight up, diving straight down, dumping all bombs on 1 pass, and skeedaddling. It sure was a lot of "hurry up and wait" for very little action. It must have been more fun for the ships and the bombers.

Edited by oyaji

There were only 9 Allied airplanes instead of 12 (some guys got tired of waiting for an hour and a half and went to play on the live server instead), and of those only 4 I know of survived to get off the ground. The H75 was Ratware. When I was foiled by too much speed to land rounds on you, I bled off too much, trying to get a quick save for Ratware (whom you damaged on the first pass). I should have played it safe and extended out level, but I wanted to save my friend and so I got too aggressive. One BB plink headshot and it was over - an hour and a half sitting waiting for the event spent for 3 minutes of getting shot on the airfield, struggling to climb, and 2 bursts fired at bad angles - bah, not the best time I've had in the game, to be sure. The FW190 who straffed and killed my friends Adam and Dasquirrel in their fairmille looked like he was having fun though. Ratware lasted through the second wave with his damaged plane ony able to make 260kph and unable to climb, so the 109s and the 190 had an easy time with him - crippled, he spent all his time dodging bullets and not getting to shoot at anything. Since he wasn't allowed to change his plane to a H81 even though we had no-shows and were down 3, nor could he replane either by the rules, he just stayed to offer himself as a target. I don't think that was very much fun for him, either.

The reason you couldn't find any EA was because there weren't any. I was gonna split, but I was reminded that I was allowed to play AAA. Being a pilot I had not the least interest in that, but I did wonder what the battle I missed looked like, so I wheeled out the fastest AAA gun, a Ca mle 38 and pushed out to the water in time to see the second wave. I tried to shoot the planes off Ratware but missed the FW190 that was after him. I did get one of the 109s that was on him - about 2 seconds after he tore off Rat's wing. On our side, we did have a P-38 who kept spawning in and who finally left and never did take off (after I asked him several times not to, because the event was going on) - and one side-switcher who spawned an H87 a couple times who did. I hope he didn't kill anybody, but I don't know. :(

I also bagged a Stuka, so I guess it was worth pushing out for the second wave even though I don't know how to do anything but fly. I was cussing that damn gun the whole time - dead slow and no climb rate at all, I won't take one of those out again! I never got to see the battle, except for about 20 seconds of about 70 Stukas appearing straight up, diving straight down, dumping all bombs on 1 pass, and skeedaddling. It sure was a lot of "hurry up and wait" for very little action. It must have been more fun for the ships and the bombers.

A p38 shot out my stukas engine near the end. He collided and blew up. That was the only damage I took through the whole event.

I had my grandson as TG...it was his birthday so my daughter grudging allowed it.

OMG!!!

Blennie-T K3p3r scored a HIT with Torpedo on FireFly!! WTG!

GREAT filming Jammy!! You got a LOT of great action.

BTW, is that Pink Floyd music??

Now to my screenies...

Sorry you did not enjoy it that much, but you DID bag a Stuka after all!!

And all us Navy guys where rooting for Ratware the whole time.

Next time will be better, trust us! :)

OMG!!!

Blennie-T K3p3r scored a HIT with Torpedo on FireFly!! WTG!

GREAT filming Jammy!! You got a LOT of great action.

BTW, is that Pink Floyd music??

Now to my screenies...

I could use a Dozen buzzards filming for me and probably still not get everything. I missed the 1st group of Torpedo attacks and by staying with the 2 Torpdeos i saw i missed some of the action else where.

Catching the Pilot who bailed out on film was COOL :cool: . The Pilot who took the FW-190 in the 2nd Strike was UNCOOL :mad: if i could have booted him i would have and Banned him also.

Yep

Vid 1 "Us and Them"

Vid 2 "Great Gig in the Sky", "Marooned", "One of these Days"

My Music collection is Very Very Very Limited, i just do not buy CD's, i'm a Radio guy :D

I made a slide show a few screens from the event.

See here:

http://img63.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img63/1496/1292300048lhy.smil

(I know, this site's slide show suxzor, but hey its freeeeee)

Choice pics :-)

Placement (extreme north not shown)

shiplocationsapprox.jpg

O-M-G!!!! (so many, the ships are gone due to Viz Limit!!)

firstwaveallb.jpg

You know, each red is at least 25 EA. (0_0)

redsky2edwave.jpg

I thought the FIRST was bad! (and yes, 2 o'clock is NORTH (NWN) from my position!)

secondwavehere2.jpg

Edited by frantish
details

I ran Fraps from the USS Ramapo, located NE of Icetwp, about where stukas came from. Did a bit more video shooting than killing really but I think it was worth it, even added music that seemed to fit well for dramatic effect.

gPdO94J2Qf0

We need more of these, they are more fun than campaign.

I ran Fraps from the USS Ramapo, located NE of Icetwp, about where stukas came from. Did a bit more video shooting than killing really but I think it was worth it, even added music that seemed to fit well for dramatic effect.

gPdO94J2Qf0

We need more of these, they are more fun than campaign.

Evidently the music, or something, is copyrighted because the vid is being blocked by WMG.

Ice, Fleet Command

Hi,

59m8rqCvk2M

Godspeed!

Yep you got me pretty good..

Couldnt fly that good after the bnzes, 260km/h and not able to climb what so ever.

I thought i had you, but i guess i didnt hit your pilot. Putted quite a few MGs in your A/C though, if just had a couple of hispanos = game over.

The event was ok, i was expecting to die, but my dear H75 hed out for quite long actually, and i made a lot of 109s go die trying to get the kill on me.

Icetwp was screaming that i should go kill some Ju87s, but that was just not possible as i was traveling slower than any A/C in the arena.

I got nothing but damages on 109s and Ju87s.

Next time you should scrap the H75 and only use H81/P40 Tomahawk MK2b, which is a more realistic setup.

Edited by ratware

Post your Screen Shots and Movies in here please

PART I

Hy40TdMoY6g

Us and them was a wonderful song choice.

EDIT: Pink Floyd FTW

Edited by xxiiiarmor

USS Ramapo Transport Ship Video

Uploaded to "fileserve", not sure about site never used it before but should be able to do "slow download", file only 257 mb's

http://www.fileserve.com/file/4T9dU5X

Now that ^^ is awesome filming. Good job.!!

I really like the music selection and the way you didn't let it override the sounds in-game plus getting rid of name tags and chat also adds to the realism factor.

Terrific good watch. Think I'll watch it again. :)

Your film really captures the heart and soul of the Pearl Harbour Event.

Good job shooting too by the way. :D

Ice, Fleet Command

Edited by icetwp

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0