• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icetwp

Naval Victory

5 posts in this topic

Good job Naval players.

After the second wave of Stukas there were still 29 ships afloat out of the 41 that started the Event. By my count anyway.

That is 12 Ships lost and the Air Command needed to sink 17 to even acheive a 40% rate of Ship deaths.

A Decisive Naval Victory even if I miscounted by 4 Ships and be assured I counted more than once.

Congratulations Gentlemen and Good Shooting. :D

Oh, and Lady MotorMouth too, she certainly got her fair share of kills. ;)

Ice, Fleet Command

Edited by icetwp

Nothing like using the wrong numbers .... cough.

I had wrote down 41 ships at one point in my counts but it seemed to me that the Stuka guys did better than 12 kills so I went back to my note page.

And I saw after the 41 memo was counts of 46, then 50, then 46.

And to boot I'm not sure of whether we had 46 Ships or 50 Ships.

But the 29 ships count still afloat after wave two is accurate.

So if I use the count of 50 ships total and 29 still afloat Air still lost .... but only by a mere 4 ships.

Ice, Fleet Command

Hummm.....

Jammyman's final count showed Naval losing 20 Ships out of 50 Ships.

Meaning Naval won the Event by "one" Ship as otherwise it would have been declared a "Tie".

Once again, Good Job Fleet. :D

Ice, Fleet Command

Well i'm just glad that my Freighter only sunk just before the inofficial Wave 3 ^^ :), and that i did not despawn once the Ticking started.

I'd like to add though that one of our Fairmilles was destroyed by an FW-190. The FMB was manned by Adam1168 (hope the name is written correct).

But even if we'd have lost it was an great and entertaining Event for my better half (tankgirl) and me. We really like the AAA Positions on the Freighters and would like to participate in future Naval Events as TT Crew.

P.S.

Sadly its not possible to utilize AAA, ATG or Tank Guns of Units aboard a Freighter. That would enable the "creation" of Q-Ships in a crude way (and hidden Polycrew :D).

Well i'm just glad that my Freighter only sunk just before the inofficial Wave 3 ^^ :), and that i did not despawn once the Ticking started.

I'd like to add though that one of our Fairmilles was destroyed by an FW-190. The FMB was manned by Adam1168 (hope the name is written correct).

But even if we'd have lost it was an great and entertaining Event for my better half (tankgirl) and me. We really like the AAA Positions on the Freighters and would like to participate in future Naval Events as TT Crew.

P.S.

Sadly its not possible to utilize AAA, ATG or Tank Guns of Units aboard a Freighter. That would enable the "creation" of Q-Ships in a crude way (and hidden Polycrew :D).

Yeah, I always tell people to not despawn until they sink. A Destroyer can sometimes take a huge amount of punishment and still stay afloat. On the other side of the coin a Destroyer can go down like a rock, like I did. ;)

Now a TT cannot take all that many bombs before going down.

Yeah, Jammyman told that FW-190 to despawn but not before he got the Fairmile that was multi-crewed by Adam1168/Dasquirrel.

Every year we end up with one FW-190 in the mix that isn't supposed to be there. It has happened in all 3 Pearl Harbours. And it isn't the same player so it is just strange.

And yes the AA positions on the TT are very good. Some claim the best 20mm AA guns in the game are on the TT. :D

Ice, Fleet Command

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0