Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
christianr

Having to download the entire game again..

6 posts in this topic

When I use the updater, it never works and I have to download the entire game every time. Does this happen to anyone else and is there a way to fix it?

ive had to do this before too, not sure of the fix.

but you can download the patch itself rather than doing it by starting up the game. (it is in the same place as the full game download)

I have ha this issue too. Doesn't happen ever time I get a nee patch but often enough to p**s me off a bit. But I don't know what the fix is.

Is the game in the applications directory? And do you updated from admin account? I have always had it work (that I recall), maybe I'm just lucky.

Is the game in the applications directory? And do you updated from admin account? I have always had it work (that I recall)' date=' maybe I'm just lucky.[/quote']

Yes, games in Apps directory, and patches do NOT need admin to load.

nor does the full installer (AFAIK).

You need admin permissions if you want to install and patch into the /Applications folder. If you don't have admin permissions, you can keep the app under your home directory and update it there. The update app always assumes you have the app in the /Applications folder and throws up a warning if you're not an admin user.

I don't run as an admin user, but I like to keep the app in the /Applications folder, so I just copy it from there to my home directory, update, then move it back.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0