Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Timbo69

nvidia 580 graphics card

13 posts in this topic

hi anyone got a 580 on a 32 bit xp system ,and how does it perform have a xp 32 bit 6600 2.8 quad with 2 gt 8800 cards 3gig usable ram want on improve gameplay any ideas regards timbo:)

Are you talking this one?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product-geforce-gtx-580-us.html

If so, sweet baby Jesus man! If it is the one, download the graphics card overclocking program MSI afterburner. Using that program you should be able to increase your video cards power by at least 20% (not that you will need too).

I'm not sure if you can add more ram to Windows XP. It may be a Windows Vista thing, but if you can you need to add some more ram. The num lock key will tell you your ingame fps rate,s o let us know what you get.

Regards...

your second 8800 is pointless in ww2ol. Game doesn't do sli. The 580 is massively overpowered for our game. there is still a cpu bottleneck which even the devs don't fully seem to understand. If this game is what you're thinking about buying it for (if you play other games then fair play) then forget it, buy something more reasonably priced and consider putting the rest towards an i5/i7 setup.

hi anyone got a 580 on a 32 bit xp system ' date='and how does it perform have a xp 32 bit 6600 2.8 quad with 2 gt 8800 cards 3gig usable ram want on improve gameplay any ideas regards timbo:)[/quote']

well switching up to a 64 bit system might be better for wwiiol, well at least in memory usage terms.

Since your limited to one card on ww2, then upgrading to anything else will probably give you a good net performance gain.

Them 88's were based on the G80 core which is sort of old these days, 88xxGTS cards were 96core (a Special SSC edition had 112cores) while the 88xxGTX series had 118 or maybe 128 if i remember right @ 645~670mhz.

Even something like a GTX460 (somewhere around 336Cores@1240mhz)would be a big big gain in performance and they are a steal at around 200$ a pop.

Those 580's are packing a whoopin 512 cores @ a devastating (only way to put it yo) 1546Mhz So basically you would reverse your bottleneck from your 8800 back to your CPU.

Which isn't really bad, i mean with a good mainboard and a hilarious cooler those intel core2 Quads overclock extremely well. usually you would think 3.5~3.6Ghz is a easy overclock these days and you'll net some good FPS increases when a lot of action is going on.

Edited by indo420

thanks for advice ,what do you think about runing multiple monitors with matrox triple head for 180`view thinking of ways of improving gameplay

regards :) timbo

thanks for advice ,what do you think about runing multiple monitors with matrox triple head for 180`view thinking of ways of improving gameplay

regards :) timbo

i think Nvidia 5xx series and ATi 5xxx series can do triple monitor span's themselves w/o the need for triplehead2go

your second 8800 is pointless in ww2ol. Game doesn't do sli. The 580 is massively overpowered for our game. there is still a cpu bottleneck which even the devs don't fully seem to understand. If this game is what you're thinking about buying it for (if you play other games then fair play) then forget it' date=' buy something more reasonably priced and consider putting the rest towards an i5/i7 setup.[/quote']

Zooming in this game eats a lot GPU.. Zooming will cost 90% of the GPU of a 580. otherwise only 30-40%

Zooming in this game eats a lot GPU.. Zooming will cost 90% of the GPU of a 580. otherwise only 30-40%

zoomin in munches on your fill rate

I've got 13.6 Gigapixels/sec and it doesn't really effect me all to much, but im on a ATi card and that might have something to do with it.

Umm, don't go for a triplehead and a high end nvida card.

A good ATI with Eyefinity is a better option.

I've run both, ATI is the way to go for multi-monitor goodness.

Plenty of reviews on the net for this amazing card.

Its power is impressive enough, but its quiteness is amazing.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0