• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
imded

New map IDEA

6 posts in this topic

Start a map like this (campaigne):

1. Axis stationed up and down the east side of map.
  2. Allies stationed up and down the west side of map.
  3. Separated by 5 to 8 towns.
  4. HC's would have to move units/brigs to empty towns.
  5. Give to both HCs during intermission, the map layout. 48 hours to study it and come up with a plan.
  6. Then the race start.
  7. When new map starts, 1 hour set up time, spawn in, etc. No moving forward.

To begin with, GHC has to move there units forward as does the AHC.

This will take some time before engagements begin. The Airforce will be

in use at this stage. Softening targets, convoyes.

You would have to drive/fly your brigs forward. As it was in WWII.

It will take wise leaders to move their units correctly.

If either HC moves units in wrong directions and not anticipating the enemy move.

It could be disasterous. hehe.

It would be a real sim then.

The RACE would be on.

also, Maps having elevation lines would be great. They did have them in WWII.

End result, I believe it would be very exciting.

Edited by Spd

Oh, just had a thought. You only physically have to move 50% of the BRIG to have it move forward at 100%.

HQ's will move free after a BRIG has moved.

Thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Plz post some.

Have only been in this game for some 7 months, so

not an expert in supply in this game, and havent seen the dynamics of moving brigades yet.

But one thing I miss is side-operations.

One of those could be running a train between towns to move a brigade or just a HC. And if the train makes it to the train station the move is complete (50% or 100%)

Also of course I would like to see the possibility of tracks being destroyed and then forcing out sappers to repair them. Just think of a well planned destruction of supply links.. or just force a brigade run supply missions with trucks due to a broken railroad link / bridge.

So if you ask me I really like the idea of a front not being a front during the start of a campaign.

But just wanted to spice the same idea up.

Because if you start running a train that marks a brigade movement, then the other side could know it before it happens IF they have good scouts.

Have only been in this game for some 7 months, so

not an expert in supply in this game, and havent seen the dynamics of moving brigades yet.

But one thing I miss is side-operations.

One of those could be running a train between towns to move a brigade or just a HC. And if the train makes it to the train station the move is complete (50% or 100%)

Also of course I would like to see the possibility of tracks being destroyed and then forcing out sappers to repair them. Just think of a well planned destruction of supply links.. or just force a brigade run supply missions with trucks due to a broken railroad link / bridge.

So if you ask me I really like the idea of a front not being a front during the start of a campaign.

But just wanted to spice the same idea up.

Because if you start running a train that marks a brigade movement, then the other side could know it before it happens IF they have good scouts.

Awesome idea. Wish I thought of it. hehe

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0