Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indo420

3dmark 2011 released!

16 posts in this topic

Not going to bother with it. It got pretty poor replay value.

oh its not a game, its a benchmark to compare performance.

sorta like bragging rights.

"I spent more money than you' date=' nyah nyah!" is what it boils down to.[/quote']

You need some way to compare rigs with a benchmark... not always an indication of money.

What's nice is it shows you where you should be ranked compared to similar systems.... so if you are significantly lower, you have an indicator that something is wrong.

You need some way to compare rigs with a benchmark... not always an indication of money.

What's nice is it shows you where you should be ranked compared to similar systems.... so if you are significantly lower, you have an indicator that something is wrong.

or higher then average with overclocking :P

So what are we comparing here? There are 3 levels of detail when running the benchmark. Thats why you see the "P" in front of some scores for performance. Lets set a standard and all compare?

And yeah, its not all about money. Overclocking madness!! I got my 2.8ghz i7 930 OC'ed to 3.8. Anything more is just unstable on this motherboard.

So what are we comparing here? There are 3 levels of detail when running the benchmark. Thats why you see the "P" in front of some scores for performance. Lets set a standard and all compare?

And yeah, its not all about money. Overclocking madness!! I got my 2.8ghz i7 930 OC'ed to 3.8. Anything more is just unstable on this motherboard.

performance is the only available option on the free version of 3dm2k11

Yea, no matter what, it boils down to money. The only exceptions are the lowballed by a mid-major manufacturer diamond-in-the-rough video cards and RAM sticks. But those are fairly few and far between now.

I mean, some bored no lifers are going to super overclock and use a $4000-$5000 computer and liquid nitrogen to win the whole thing anyway.

Yea, no matter what, it boils down to money. The only exceptions are the lowballed by a mid-major manufacturer diamond-in-the-rough video cards and RAM sticks. But those are fairly few and far between now.

I mean, some bored no lifers are going to super overclock and use a $4000-$5000 computer and liquid nitrogen to win the whole thing anyway.

well that doesn't really matter

I know i should probably shop around for a new video card now though.

I tried the 3dmark vantage, but ya gotta pay.

Will download tonight when home and give it a run.

Aint nothing wrong with bragging rights and the fact if someone has a simular setup but scores are a huge diff it can help to fault find issues.

EDIT:

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/600017

P6780 3DMarks

Edited by klemzig

7539 @stock speeds and sli not enabled. Will have to tweak a bit to see if I can do a bit better.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0