Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

AI Nests are practically immortal.

kentelvis

No idea why but it seems the AI Gunners take too much to bring down, i placed a satchel on the back of a MG AI and then on the butt and still didn't take him out, i read somewhere that should be able take them out with grenades and bullets, however, two-three grenades is too much and well, no such luck with bullets.

These invincible AI towers are kind of gamebreaking if you ask me, kind of ruins the whole atmosphere of the game. :confused:

Othervise great game, can't believe i didn't notice this pearl earlier. :)

Satchels do not work on AI. They should by all rights, but they don't and that's just how it is. Aside from grenades, LMG will work if you waste enough ammo and I have killed AI with 21 rounds from German ATR before which is not especially practical.

Easiest and cleanest is rifle grenade I think.

Place the satchel on the ground near the gunner and it works. Ai towers should be killed by a nade or with a main guns of armored units

AIs should be killed with 1 grenade.. do you drop the nade on/just next to the atg?

and with the ai tower throw the grenade on the platform where the mg gunner is.

I came across an ai pit on Eindhoven AF next to AF bunker that needed 3 nades to get it down.

Seems that sometimes they need more nades than just 1 or the damage model is somewhat off or very precisely on 1 spot.

All nades I threw at it landed right next to the gunner and that usually works with 1.

I came across an ai pit on Eindhoven AF next to AF bunker that needed 3 nades to get it down.

Seems that sometimes they need more nades than just 1 or the damage model is somewhat off or very precisely on 1 spot.

All nades I threw at it landed right next to the gunner and that usually works with 1.

mg/atg?

or a med/hvy aa ai?

have no problem kiling a ai wiht a thrown nade or placer sapper charge no gruodn next to them if u plve on back the chage balst AWAY from the ai ;)

I raised this whole killing AI thing a while back in http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=340584

and actually got a real front page of the web site response from DOC at http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/18-discussion-feedback/7653-ai-damage-component

The issue then wasn't sapper charges, I found out that they don't work as expected otherwise (but did not know about the 'put it on the ground' alternative that others have mentioned here). But I am still confused by DOC's explanation that it's just a matter of hitting the crew since that implies you could kill them with a pistol.

I think that it would be entirely fair to say that the physics of killing AI as well as ATG/AAA guns has some work to be done.