Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Foxhole bushes

oidin

No bug, but 1.32 foxholes without bushes blended better in the landscape, than the 1.33 ones.

The 2 bushes even block the field of view.

Did infantry carry a set of bushes with them to plant them at theire foxholes? :D

No bug, but 1.32 foxholes without bushes blended better in the landscape, than the 1.33 ones.

The 2 bushes even block the field of view.

Did infantry carry a set of bushes with them to plant them at theire foxholes? :D

Oidin, aber ein Inf kann eine Pak-Stellung baun, oder? Dat Teil mit den 2 Büschen war doch in Ordnung. :(

Oidin' date=' aber ein Inf kann eine Pak-Stellung baun, oder? Dat Teil mit den 2 Büschen war doch in Ordnung. :([/quote']

Die Büsche stören halt...oder hat jeder Infantrist Bäume in der Tasche?

Die PAK Stellungen werden von Pionieren gebaut...da gibts andere Möglichkeiten... :)

Those bushes were part of my original specification, but my idea was that they would not block view, but they would break up silhouette, and their very presence would make the foxhole look more like the berm-bush combos we already see everywhere, so they wouldn't draw too much attention to themselves as new objects.

Here is the correct solution:

LOD zero is for bushes within 1 meter of you.

LOD zero bushes are transparent. Or translucent. Art coder's pick.

(If some nutjob coder has already started counting LODs at "zero" instead of the correct "one", then this new LOD is "LOD negative one".)

That way nothing obstructs your view, just like in real life when you can move a specific branch if you want to. In game we can't, so we are forced to crawl into the open, no longer in concealment if we want to use that concealment!

motormouth:

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!"), that post pretty much nails it on the head.

sgtchief:

romz you['re] my damn hero

sydney:

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

irelandeb:

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

jw:

If you're going to argue with Romz, do your homework before you post. He gets it, and you can't teach common sense, you have to be born with it.

pete, linc & julie:

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

owilde:

The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

Edited by romzburg

Die Büsche stören halt...oder hat jeder Infantrist Bäume in der Tasche?

Die PAK Stellungen werden von Pionieren gebaut...da gibts andere Möglichkeiten... :)

Ach Oidin, ein Pionier schleppt gefühlte 300 KG an Baumstämmen und ein gemeiner Inf nicht mal 2 kleine Büsche die er sich an nem Busch mit genommen, also wirklich. :(

Wenn das Eine schon unrealistisch ist, so muß es ja das Andere nicht auch sein.

Oder bist Du jetzt bei Greenpeace? :D

Quark... :D

Aber du forderst die Entfernung dieser Büschlein, weil sie ja so unrealistisch sind, was mir so aber nicht in den Kopf gehen will, aber auf der anderen Seite, kann ein Sapper eine 500 Kg Stellung ausbauen, oder ein Missionsleader Kisten aufstellen, wo dann Leute Spawnen können.

All das ist einfach unrealistisch, aber es ist da und da wird nicht gefordert, aber bei den 2 Büschchens wird gleich ein Fred aufgemacht, diese seinen ja unrealistisch und gehören weg, das haut doch nicht hin. :D

Edited by avalon78

Ruhe nu. Gophur wird sicherlich kein Übersetzer für eure Meldungen bemühen.

Gophur - Avalon has not the same opinion like Oidin to the new foxholes. Avalon like it with the small bushes for the IFP and he means, if you think the new foxholes (with bushes) should be deleted, should rethink the GE too.

Da versucht man mit realitätsbezogenen Begründungen die Verschlimmbesserung revidieren zu lassen, und Du versuchst mit solchen Spitzfindigkeiten diese Bemühungen zu hintertreiben... :D

Kurz gesagt:

Die Büsche behindern mein Blickfeld und machen den Gegner unnötig auf die Stellung aufmerksam.

Wirkung geht vor Deckung!

Jetzt OK? :D

Edit: Huhu, Greni :D

Da versucht man mit realitätsbezogenen Begründungen die Verschlimmbesserung revidieren zu lassen, und Du versuchst mit solchen Spitzfindigkeiten diese Bemühungen zu hintertreiben... :D

Kurz gesagt:

Die Büsche behindern mein Blickfeld und machen den Gegner unnötig auf die Stellung aufmerksam.

Wirkung geht vor Deckung!

Jetzt OK? :D

Edit: Huhu, Greni :D

Do the bushes really make it more noticeable?

I though they would make it less, because we don't have berms *without* bushes in the normal game world.

Also, the bushes should obstruct the silhouette of the player.

But you are right, if they obstruct the player's view that is bad.

motormouth:

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!"), that post pretty much nails it on the head.

sgtchief:

romz you['re] my damn hero

sydney:

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

irelandeb:

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

jw:

If you're going to argue with Romz, do your homework before you post. He gets it, and you can't teach common sense, you have to be born with it.

pete, linc & julie:

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

owilde:

The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

Do the bushes really make it more noticeable?

I though they would make it less, because we don't have berms *without* bushes in the normal game world.

Also, the bushes should obstruct the silhouette of the player.

But you are right, if they obstruct the player's view that is bad.

if you make a berm in an open field with the right colour you will hardly be noticable .. with bushes next to it you will :P

if you make a berm in an open field with the right colour you will hardly be noticable .. with bushes next to it you will :P

This! :)

the foxhole bushes do not block the players view through the front slit but they do if you crawl behind them. DUh? I say leave them please but add a third bush behind the foxhole as well

-jmtcw

-Fallsjager

You cant watch your flanks with them, so every knife ninja, who has identified your placement, because of that obvious bushes, will haunt you.

The bushes making the foxhole useless and turn them into a deathtrap.

Edited by oidin