Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sudden

Which monitor???

11 posts in this topic

I was sitting next to another 88 yesterday but could not see what he was firing at.

He was hitting with great accuracy at a target I couldn't even see.

I switched over to view #1 and could clearly see the atg he was targeting but had no hope of seeing it in my gunner view.

I'm still using my old 19" monitor for the game.

Now I wonder if getting a larger monitor will help.

What's your opinion? Bigger monitor? Better Graphics? New glasses?

Currently using a 5750 gpu. There are better cards but I'm thinking monitor would be a better investment.

Probability is he couldn't see it either from his gunner view and aimed with the spotter.

I tried the same but no way could I zero in on his location once in gunner view.

Hey bud.

Not that I'm saying upgrade.

But I did upgrade my machine after a bolt of lightning wanted it more than me.

I was on a 19inch before.

I am now on a 58cm HD LED.

And a couple of GTX470's to boot.

Has made a great difference.

Also don't forget what vis settings you have.

He may have defaulted to seeing more players?

Could you have been on the cross over of your setting limits?

Hey bud.

Not that I'm saying upgrade.

But I did upgrade my machine after a bolt of lightning wanted it more than me.

I was on a 19inch before.

I am now on a 58cm HD LED.

And a couple of GTX470's to boot.

Has made a great difference.

Also don't forget what vis settings you have.

He may have defaulted to seeing more players?

Could you have been on the cross over of your setting limits?

Anythings possible. Will check it out thx.

I tried the same but no way could I zero in on his location once in gunner view.

You don't need to see your target with gunner. It makes it easier, but it is not a requirement.

Pick a reference point you can see with gunner (#2). With #1 you spot where your shell impacts, then adjust aim relative to your reference point. Eg, if you see with commander you are to far left, you need to adjust your #2 aim further to the right of your reference point.

Erik

you want a 30" monitor...

2560x1600 resolution

next best is a 1920x1200 resolution

when you zero in from gunner/commander you want them to be aligned up on the target...it's the shifts in view that zero you in on the bush the enemy is in. once you align the view(check in map) that's where you shoot

Edited by Vampress

evanr, Vampress,

Thanks for the feedback, all good advice, and something I have to work on.

I was shooting from a firebase to a hill just off the edge of an airfield. Not 2k but well over 1k distant. I'll bet I unloaded 15 rounds of AP and HE into the general area (I could see his shots leave the gun). My very next kill was on a tank at the edge of the airfield. I'm guessing he was 400yds further than the atg. I was able to nail the tank in 2 shots.

I suppose the difference comes down to a camo atg in bushes near a berm vs. a silhouetted target at the very edge of a hill. Still seems odd to me that I couldn't pick him out better.

My monitor could use an upgrade either way. Been doing a lot of reading on the subject. I'd like to keep the cost below $200 and that seems a real stretch for a quality gaming monitor.

RATS/PB have you done any monitor tests lately?

evanr, Vampress,

Thanks for the feedback, all good advice, and something I have to work on.

I was shooting from a firebase to a hill just off the edge of an airfield. Not 2k but well over 1k distant. I'll bet I unloaded 15 rounds of AP and HE into the general area (I could see his shots leave the gun). My very next kill was on a tank at the edge of the airfield. I'm guessing he was 400yds further than the atg. I was able to nail the tank in 2 shots.

I suppose the difference comes down to a camo atg in bushes near a berm vs. a silhouetted target at the very edge of a hill. Still seems odd to me that I couldn't pick him out better.

My monitor could use an upgrade either way. Been doing a lot of reading on the subject. I'd like to keep the cost below $200 and that seems a real stretch for a quality gaming monitor.

RATS/PB have you done any monitor tests lately?

Have you tried enabling Anisotropic filtering?

These SShots will give you a idea of what it does

0,1425,sz=1&i=161084,00.jpg

Anisotropic_filtering_en.png

Basically it clears up the textures farther out, the higher the filtering, the better the clarity at a distance.

You should also set your player visual limit to high

Anti Aliasing also helps as well.

201008110958474855.jpg

Aliasing takes out the "jaggies" you'll see in games, higher the AA the better your image will appear, so panzers won't look like chunks extremely far out (easier to shoot when they appear small)

Radeon 5xxx series can do 24x AA as well!

you want a 30" monitor...

2560x1600 resolution

next best is a 1920x1200 resolution

when you zero in from gunner/commander you want them to be aligned up on the target...it's the shifts in view that zero you in on the bush the enemy is in. once you align the view(check in map) that's where you shoot

I have got a 27 inch dell with 2560x1440.. they are much cheaper than the 30 inch ones.

Have you tried enabling Anisotropic filtering?

Radeon 5xxx series can do 24x AA as well!

Haven't adjusted AA yet but that sounds like the problem. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0