Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peps

Struggling

19 posts in this topic

Hi

I joined this game as it looked very exciting and different from other games, one problem I am having is never getting a kill even if I play for 30-45 minutes without dying. On most occasions I don't see any enemies for the whole life until I'm dead. :confused:

So I was just wondering on any tips to keep the game and keep battles interesting even without getting a kill.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank You :)

It's quite normal during the first phase of you career. I suggest you to defend instead of attack, you'll be more effective.

Hi

I joined this game as it looked very exciting and different from other games, one problem I am having is never getting a kill even if I play for 30-45 minutes without dying. On most occasions I don't see any enemies for the whole life until I'm dead. :confused:

So I was just wondering on any tips to keep the game and keep battles interesting even without getting a kill.

Salute (S!) and welcome to Battleground Europe Peps. Finding Action is one of the topics in this post (http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=350957), quite useful.

Another way to make sure you're fighting where other people are, is when you look at the Brigade Selection screen (left side of the main game screen, when you see the map on the right), there are bars next to each brigade's name. The bigger that bar is, the more players are spawned into that brigade. So if you're after action, head for one of the bigger bars.

Individual missions are the same way, the bigger the bar, the more players there are. And any mission with the green tick at the right end of the description has a FRU (Forward Resupply Point, pronounced "froo") setup. That usually means it's involved in some kind of action, either letting troops spawn outside a town that's being attacked so you're not cut down by an MG as soon as you leave the spawn building, or it's a jumping off point for some kind of attack.

Make sure you read the mission orders (green text at the top of the screen) so you don't miss any important information, like the fact that the mission is a stealth attack so no firing, or that there's AI emplacements to avoid, that kind of thing. One of the first things I usually do when I spawn in is to lie down, pull up the Map, and see where everyone is moving and what they're doing. That usually helps avoid where people have died (white skulls on the map), any enemy units (hopefully marked by other players using red marks), and see what our Target is and how best to get there.

Hope you enjoy the game, I've been playing for 9-10 years now off and on, still loving it :D

Hi

Suggestions:

Join a squad. Allied or Axis there is a unit that will fit how you play.

Spawn in the training server and practice..practice..practice.

While in the training server, hit the space bar and practice shooting at the spawned soldier from different distances to get the feel of the game.

Constantly check the map and head for towns with little red infantry and tank silhouettes next to the town name. If they are full red then there is more then 5 EI/ET's near the town, if they are just red silhouette then there are less then 5 EI/ET's near the town.

TAKE YOUR TIME! That means don't rush in a bee line for the town, or mad dash from a depot/AB/ or FRU. Take your time and scan the area. i spend more time in the prone position then standing.

Put your radial cover and distance down to zero. It's fake eye candy that may look nice, but offers you no cover (the enemy can most likely see you attempting to hide in bush/grass.)

Hi peps,

The best piece of advice you will get is to join a squad, any squad!

Then you'll start to get kills.

Peps,

Do you play axis or allied? There are some pointers that can be given over the forums but I am not sure what your expertise is at this point.

One of the ways to ensure that you are in contact with the enemy are these:

1) Listen to HC and the playerbase. Find out where the Priority attacks are and that will generally lead you to a place where there will be lots of enemies.

2) Try spawning in on missions that have a lot of players on them. Each mission has a color coded bar of sorts that lets you know approximately how busy that mission is.

3) If you go into a town that has an AO on it you should definitely find the enemy. So that basically leads back to #1.. make sure you are spawning into a town that has an area of operation order or defense order. You can tell which cities have this because they will either highlighted in a red box (attack) or green box (defense).

If you are Axis and need further help you can PM me in game.

One thing that allows you to do well in this game is patience. Logically look at the map and assume how other players will "impatient." Generally, people would prefer to run straight towards their target area and not prolonging the time it takes them to get to the action by taking a more concealed route. Catch them making a mistake and take advantage of it.

Second, do your objective! Go to caps and cap! You cap a place, guard it. There is no better magnet in the game for enemy infantry than a capped depot.

PM me if you want more.

Hi

There are a few things you can do/checdk before joining any mission to make sure you have yourself in line for the best experience.

If you are spending too much time walking around then you need to select missions with the little truck next to them inthe brigade screen.

Now there are all kinds of screens to go through before actually joining a battle but you really only need to know a few things to get going.

You must be certain of a battle being an attack or defense. ( red and green) and also know how to look at missions and judge which has high population.

You must be sure that if its an attack that you select a mission with a mobile spawn point.

You have to know the best places in a town/city to defend ( thats where alot of early game kills are at.

Most of all you need to join a squad that can help you and lead you along to get the mosto ut of the game.

Aswell get on teamspeak if you dont have a microphone then grab one for 10 bucks.

Hello, I'm a new player as well.

This game is definitely a different pace than what most FPS players who come here for the first time are used to. I would consider this game a military sim, and not just some shoebox shooter such as what the BF and CoD franchises have become.

That said, the only tip I can think to give you is that if you're in an area that seems desolate, to not hesitate to respawn yourself somewhere more active. Keep an eye on the chat window, and see where the leaders are saying they need help.

Then again, this game isn't for all folks. I could see how playing for that long without a kill would bother some people, especially those used to other, more popular, FPS games that go for non-stop action. But this isn't for that.

Personally, I'll go sometimes an hour or more without a kill, but I'm still having a blast because I enjoy the game for what it is. When I'm belly crawling through some tall grass and casing an enemy town, I'm getting an awesome thrill just from the visceral war-like experience. Even if I only get a single kill in an hour or more of playtime, it is more rewarding than 50 kills in any of those shoebox-shooters, for me anyway.

I'm still on my trial, but this is a definite purchase for me when my free time ends.

On the game map, look for towns with infantry and tank icons on them.

Dark red icon= a few enemy, bright red = more enemy.

A town with a flame grafic on it = contested, the enemy or your team if it's a enemy town has captured a flag.

Front line towns will have a linked depot to a enemy town/towns. The depots named for the enemy town is linked to that town.

For instance dinant is french, ciney is axis. If axis capture the ciney depot flag in dinant, and own the ciney/dinant fb then axis can spawn into that depot in dinant. Instant action.

Frus, a mission leader can set a FRU which is a mobile spawnpoint for infantry. These can be set, best as I recall, as close as 400m from a enemy owned flag.

As infantry, look for missions that have a FRU set, close action.

Now as to seeing the nme 1st. Keep to cover, scan and scoot to next cover. Never be in a hurry cause haste means death. You want good cover so you can see the other guy 1st. It's gonna take time to learn, it's worth the time to learn :)

One thing to do is help tow people out and to bring ammo out to tanks and guns, both are very helpful and people appreciate it.

Hey. Stick with it man. It is very difficult at first to get a kill. The key is seeing them before they can see you. Always scope out bushes or buildings where you are planning on heading. Scanning is the key, always use cover and don't run in the open. Be patient and work your way into town slowly. The battle outside of town is every bit as exciting as one inside town.

Hi

For most players, you won't get a kill for a while. However, you can aid battles by setting up FRU's and by helping to capture Depots.

Personally I only made my first few good kills, a couple weeks ago. I joined in November. So don't lose hope, its worth it. :)

dying happens a lot on the ground, not much you can do about it.

some tips:

-the bushes are your friend, they're also the likely source of your death. use your binos to scan bushlines.

-let someone else take point :). meaning don't be the first target.

-find a squad and follow the more seasoned players around a bit.

-try to avoid tanks, its tough sometimes but after awhile you get a feel for where they will/won't be.

eventually youll get a feel for the flow on the ground and where enemies are most likely to be coming from.

Hi

join a squad that always helps

on the menu where you choose your mission, pick the brigade with the most activity (the green/orange/white bar) then try and find a mission with the green check box checked, those have mobile spawns available that get you closer in to the action.

You can always use the side channel (F3 or .side) and ask where the battles are as well

Join a squad. It's the best way. If you play allied you are more than welcome to join my squad the 13th Infantry.

Other tips.

Infantry:

• Don't spawn into a camped CP.
  • Think about where the enemy is coming from. You can often work this out from looking at the map and the direction marks have been made.
  • Place yourself at 90 degrees and in concealment and pick them off as they run past
  • Move positions as soon as you think you've been spotted or after about 3 kills.
  • Practice shooting different distances with the rifle.
  • Look at the map, if lots of people are dying in the same area don't follow them sheep like to your doom. Find out where the threat is.
  • If you're not moving stay hidden.

You are probably at the wrong places. In this forum i have a stickied tread that can help you find the action better.

never run further than 1km without seeing someone.

If you need more help, ask on ops/side for someone to guide you/ help you.

Rest assured you are not alone. Your experience has been shared by many starting out.

If you are surviving for as long as you say you are without either seeing enemy or getting killed then you are certainly doing something wrong. But as I said it is not unusual.

Rather than write an essay on what you can do to help yourself I would suggest you ask in the help channel for some in-game help. Hopefully someone will take you under their wing and show you how to find and get into the action.

You need to know what to look for on the map (flashing boxes around town names indicates Attack and Defence orders), how to join those brigades with active missions and how to select the right mission for you.

Those with mobile spawns available or originating at Depots suggest Infantry action. Those originating at Army Bases probably indicate that people are using vehicles and guns.

I would say that Defence orders are the most new player friendly in that your enemy is coming to you which requires you to simply get a handle on where the enemy is coming from (look for enemy unit markers on the map), and then lying in wait concealed in a bush for an unsuspecting victim to come ambling along.

It all comes with experience, but you should start to make good progress once you are familiar with the basics.

One of the best ways of getting a good situational awareness is to learn what different weapons sound like i.e. being able to tell friendly fire from enemy fire. Your ears are incredibly important in this game. You will often hear an enemy long before you see them.

I've not had much chance to play lately otherwise I'd suggest we meet up (assuming we're on similar timezones). If you are around Sunday at 7pm GMT then you are more than welcome to tag along on the AllFor squad night but we play exclusively Allied.

AllFor are very keen to convert trial accounts to sub paying accounts.:D

Good luck mate. Don't get frustrated - simply see your early days in game as a trial of patience, an attribute that is well rewarded in Battleground Europe. You'll be a Veteran player before you know it if you stick to the task.

get in a tank and defend.if your old like me the armor buys sometime to to find enemy and figure out what to do.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0