Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

1.33 Bugs

21 posts in this topic

1.33.0 is going live today, March 14, in about 0 minutes.

Of Mac note:

The waypoint naming issue remains a puzzle.

Magic mouse is now supported but its still pretty sensitive.

PC sound was replaced with XAudio but we are still stuck with OpenAL. Some distance values were adjusted so it might be a little different sounding.

Memory usage is down on both platforms but since the Mac never crashed you probably won't notice it much.

The new infantry performance is still a little slow; mostly you will see it if you stand in a crowd.

Still lots of performance enhancements to come but all the non-scary stuff is done; everything else involves major code surgery.

Edited by AHWULF

Haven't had a CTD in quite some time. This happened just as my FW190 was about to blast a spit out of the sky:(

Process: World War ][ Online [10623]

Path: /Applications/World War ][ Online.app/Contents/MacOS/World War ][ Online

Identifier: com.playnet.ww2ol

Version: 1.33.1.255 (1.33.1.255)

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [210]

Date/Time: 2011-03-31 22:08:53.042 +0900

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.7 (10J869)

Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000ec73295a

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0 com.playnet.ww2ol 0x001bce26 std::invalid_argument::~invalid_argument() + 611206

1 com.playnet.ww2ol 0x00358448 std::invalid_argument::~invalid_argument() + 2296232

2 com.playnet.ww2ol 0x003d055a std::invalid_argument::~invalid_argument() + 2788026

3 com.playnet.ww2ol 0x0022932f std::invalid_argument::~invalid_argument() + 1054863

4 com.playnet.ww2ol 0x000dca94 TrimeshCollidersCache::TrimeshCollidersCache() + 698070

5 com.playnet.ww2ol 0x00404ac5 std::invalid_argument::~invalid_argument() + 3002405

6 com.playnet.ww2ol 0x00404bc8 std::invalid_argument::~invalid_argument() + 3002664

7 com.playnet.ww2ol 0x00277697 std::invalid_argument::~invalid_argument() + 1375223

8 com.playnet.ww2ol 0x0040168a std::invalid_argument::~invalid_argument() + 2989034

9 com.apple.Foundation 0x96b958d4 __NSFireTimer + 141

10 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x94308adb __CFRunLoopRun + 8059

11 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x94306464 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 452

12 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x94306291 CFRunLoopRunInMode + 97

13 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x92a42e04 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 392

14 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x92a42bb9 ReceiveNextEventCommon + 354

15 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x92a42a3e BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode + 81

16 com.apple.AppKit 0x9060078d _DPSNextEvent + 847

17 com.apple.AppKit 0x905fffce -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 156

18 com.apple.AppKit 0x905c2247 -[NSApplication run] + 821

19 com.apple.AppKit 0x905ba2d9 NSApplicationMain + 574

20 com.playnet.ww2ol 0x00033102 TrimeshCollidersCache::TrimeshCollidersCache() + 3396

This is a friendly reminder of a small but annoying Mac only bug:

• The mouse inputting movement whilst the map is open and applying it on closing map.

I realise its minor but it drives me up the wall when im flying. Every time i open and close the map my planes trim goes to crap and starts banking. Im a crap pilot as it is, i dont need extra handicaps on top of my crapness ;)

Its less annoying but still present on ground equipment too.

I tried to figure this one out some time ago but had no luck in finding a solution. It's pretty ugly stuff.

I'll see if it makes more sense now.

Im not sure if this helps. But if you jump in a plane and take off you can control what seems like the trim (left and right) of the plane directly with the mouse. No map needed. I dont have the mouse mapped to trim so if you can track where that unintended input is coming from it might be the clue.

I'm also getting some weird audio sounds with only the P39. Its like the engine goes hollow and all I hear is the prop wash, it will eventually play itself back in but only happens on take offs... It's very weird.

Just run into this evening. Anyone seen a situation where the app starts, enter login credentials, click play online, see the dialog for connecting to server but then everything disappears. I don't see any crash logs ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter or in /Library/Logs/CrashReporter.

Anything else to try?

Otherwise, I'm a 8Gig, MBP, OS X.6.7.

S!

Stahel

Just run into this evening. Anyone seen a situation where the app starts, enter login credentials, click play online, see the dialog for connecting to server but then everything disappears. I don't see any crash logs ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter or in /Library/Logs/CrashReporter.

Anything else to try?

Otherwise, I'm a 8Gig, MBP, OS X.6.7.

S!

Stahel

Mine too. Just got home and went to fire it up, same thing happened.

Mine too. Just got home and went to fire it up' date=' same thing happened.[/quote']

I am having same problem. Try to enter online and nothing happens, no errors or logs, just does not do anything. Offline does work.

Check the console, /Applications/Utilities/Console.app

Usually this means something about the host is fubar.

Update: Yup, auth server rodent was belly up. I think we got a new one running now.

Edited by AHWULF

I'm a newbie here, just trying the free 14 days for now. I've been going through training & can only get to trying to access a side channel. I'm not able to bring up the cursor so I can click the channel. Any suggestions? My system is all up to date, I'm on a MAc keyboard & am using a Magic Mouse.

I'm a newbie here' date=' just trying the free 14 days for now. I've been going through training & can only get to trying to access a side channel. I'm not able to bring up the cursor so I can click the channel. Any suggestions? My system is all up to date, I'm on a MAc keyboard & am using a Magic Mouse.[/quote']

Hold 'left alt'

Also, if you are unsure about any other things, the keymapper (at tab in the map window hit 'm' to bring up map and loot at top of window) has all the functions adjustable there.

Left ALT (COMMAND) doesn't do anything & I haven't been able to find anything in the mapping that will allow me to make a change to that specific command.

I usually change my show cursor mapping to a single key. Do you have a keyboard with a number pad or a short one? Generally in the keymapper you click on the item you want to change then hit a key or combo of keys to map it. Shift/control/command/option by themselves don't work.

I found out that it will work in game mode, but not in training. There are also frequent glitches with movement in game mode - I'm unable to turn unless I'm aiming down the rifle sights.

I may just stick with CoD4 & BF2142 - fewer problems. I do like the teamwork concept of this game tho.

I found out that it will work in game mode' date=' but not in training. There are also [i']frequent glitches with movement in game mode - I'm unable to turn unless I'm aiming down the rifle sights.

I may just stick with CoD4 & BF2142 - fewer problems. I do like the teamwork concept of this game tho.

That's not supposed to happen. You should be able to turn at any time.

Perhaps you have free-look on ('n' button). It disconnects your body control from the mouse and makes it so you are only controlling your viewing direction. Hit 'n' again to turn it off.

BTW, what computer are you using? perhaps some of your problems are coming from a atypical keyboard. I had a lot of issues when I was using an iBook a long time ago, mostly because it lacked a numpad and had overlapping keys.

I'm using an iMac with full keyboard... I hadn't thought of the free-look, that would certainly make sense.

The only other change I had made was switching the crouch from 'f' to 'c' and disabling the original 'c' command.

I'm using an iMac with full keyboard... I hadn't thought of the free-look, that would certainly make sense.

The only other change I had made was switching the crouch from 'f' to 'c' and disabling the original 'c' command.

There are a lot of things that will be thrown at you quickly, difficult to learn them all the first time around. Hopefully you stick around because there are still many more things :)

A full keyboard? okay then the left alt (or left option) should have worked before. I don't think I changed mine... but who knows, it's been a while. That and so many mac users have different names for the buttons I get confused which one ppl talk about.

it seems every new patch has problems installing. I have downloaded the only available MAC download-1.34.4.25, which is a full install. I do the install, to the applications folder, but when I try to start the online version I get the message : PATCH DOWNLOAD connecting to server.

I never connect to server. I have been a Mac user for about a year and just about every update has it's own problems with Mac.

How do we (I) correctly install, successfully, to a IMAC product, 10.7.2 software, 2.8 intel i7.

Thanks

S\ rats

right mouse button over the town makes the game CTD

for some time now, maybe 3 updates when I do a right mouse click over the town flag to do a move or get other info the map was just clear , but with this download I get a CTD every time

Is this a known bug ?

ruck out

PS still test the mac versions after 10 years or more and happy to do so .

Ruck, yes, it is a known bug. Take a look at this thread.

How 'r things in Mernda this summer?

Edited by Dog3

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0