Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slowfatkid

What the hell is a FRU?

11 posts in this topic

Forward Resupply Unit. It allows the mobile spawning of infantry only. Grenades are usually the best way, just one.

F.R.U = Forward Resupply Unit.

The FRU (or MS = Mobile Spawnpoint) has three functions.

1) If you are on a mission that has a FRU will you spawn from it (hopefully closer to the battle).

2) You can resupply from it. Resupply range is just a few meter.

3) You can get a RTB (Return to Base) if you despawn just near it. RTB will give you more points then Rescue or MIA.

How to take down a FRU

It takes lots of kinetic energy to kill a FRU. A rifle bullet hasn't enough kinetic energy. You therefore needs several rifle bullets to take out a FRU. Different rifles delivers different kinetic energy, so I guess it is between three to five rounds depending on rifle, but I could be wrong.

An Anti-Tank Rifle (ATR) on the other hand takes out a FRU with one round.

And how do I kill it with my lowly rifleman?

Field Replaceable Unit

shoot at it a bunch with your rifle

Or toss a grenade at it

Pretty sure I answered this for you in game already. But just in case. Field Resupply Unit. Basically a mobile spawn. Look around these forums for more info/discussion.

FRU is nice thing that allows people to spawn infantry from. Mission leaders and truck drivers can make them.

You can kill it with grenade tossed right next o it, or just shoot it with rifle 5-6 times.

Forward-Resupply-Unit - basically it's a spawn point for infantry that can be placed on the ground by mission leaders.

They look like some boxes and barrels with a flag draped over the top. You can kill it by shooting it enough times (doesn't matter where you hit it) :)

Field Resuply Unit.

Replaces the old Truck as a spawn point.

You will see two large crates, one with a flag of either axis, french or brit draped over it.

You can kill it as a rifle with a grenade.

Or camp it up with your rifle and get some kills, they will soon remove it. :)

FRU is a group of boxes that can be placed by a mission leader or a truck.

Infantry can spawn there.

You can kill it by firing your rifle from close but a grenade is more effective.

first of all, welcome to world war 2 online. a fru is a forward resupply unit. its basically a mobile spawnable that can be deployed for infantry to spawn out of or resupply ammo to any ground unit (tanks, anti tank gun, infantry, anti aircraft gun). to kill it u can use 1 grenade (has to be next to the fru when it blows up), 1 atr shot, or 4 to 5 rifle shots. hope this helps.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0