Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skiini

Games keeps crashing

15 posts in this topic

My game keeps crashing every time i try to enter world. I select my gun click enter world then the loading screen pops up and my game crashes to desktop. Ive updated my video and audio drivers i have directX9 and it still keeps crashing. Please help me fix this

AMD athlon 64 x2 dual processor 3800+ 2.00 GHZ

MEMORY-2046 MB

SYSTEM TYPE- 32-bit

Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT

Everything about that system is kind of bare minimum specs, that graphics card is actually massively below minimum spec - it's probably just not powerful enough.

For now though:

make sure you have absolutely nothing running in the background, try unplugging any usb devices etc. that you don't need.

Find ww2_log.txt and post it here.

Edited by Rubbish

There is a setting for memory.

Can't quite remember what it is called. But its on you pref screen.

Set it to the low mem setting. It is used for machines with less than 4gb ram.

It's just a select on or off box.

ill try that..but rubbish i can always do 1 sortie every time but when i try to load the second sortie is crashes.. so if it aint powerful enough why is it letting me run the first sortie???

1.33 hits today with some graphical (code) improvements and reduced memory footprint, let's see what happens.

There is a setting for memory.

Can't quite remember what it is called. But its on you pref screen.

Set it to the low mem setting. It is used for machines with less than 4gb ram.

It's just a select on or off box.

the low memory setting I've found isn't really that necessary If u you have 2 gig's ram...speeds up loading the game is about only thing it seems.

also it's why you can't shoot through railings if you enable it...I"v found

course 1.33 might change this...

Should help it as there are memory reductions and performance boosts.

Also i believe i read somewhere that 1.33 removes the low memory option now.

I’ve read some older posts about revising the cfml files to improve the rudder trim and flap control functions for aircraft in earlier version of B.E.

Does anyone know if these fixes or improvements are still necessary for version 1.32 or 1.33?

ill try that..but rubbish i can always do 1 sortie every time but when i try to load the second sortie is crashes.. so if it aint powerful enough why is it letting me run the first sortie???

how much memory does the video card have?

some models have 256MB 512MB or 1024MB

If you've got the 256MB model you may have enough to skirt the first loads worth of textures, but i remember one of the rats talking about "trash" textures. or unused textures being left in the memory.

so your second load could already have trash textures left over from the previous run and you just crash out from lack of Vram.

but thats a guess.

This is a good upgrade on the cheap

1.33 is supposed to trim out some of the system memory and (i'll have to look) video memory as well. but its not much. but maybe enough.

You might try and change some video settings after every run. sounds like a pain in the *** but i'd try it once and see if you can do another run. it's a complete guess but it might clear out the texture memory

Edited by indo420

well ill wait till i download 1.33 then if it still is messed up ill try these ideas.. btw how long till server back up?

well ill wait till i download 1.33 then if it still is messed up ill try these ideas.. btw how long till server back up?

they said the installer had a error so there compiling a new installer takes about 2 hours + the time to set it up.

i'd guess about 4 o clock CST (rat time)?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0