Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Feedback - Lowered fps in 1.33

Fabao

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• AHWULF

• geckopow

• expatpom

how's the multicore support for this game? cause we all seem to have quad core cpu's

how does it run on a single core compared to a quad core cpu?

p4 vs i7

Other than sound and loading stuff in the map the game remains single core. You can't easily add multicore support to a game engine from 1999. You have to design that kind of support at the start. For example on the Mac version most of the sound stuff runs on a second core but its only 1% of the total CPU time of the game. The PC is probably similar (and changed a bit with the new sound).

That said we've try to add a few multicore features at specific points but so far they either break the game or only add a modest benefit.

Any estimated time for when this will be resolved or, cause my trial is almost done, and I'm certainly not subscribing, while more then just me are having an FPS problem, your all obviously doing your best, and it's an amazing game, other then this terrible FPS. :)

Dual 3.20ghz

4GB RAM

benchremagen 19fps

benchinfantry 10fps

benchvehicle 9 fps

Used to get always 40fps plus and low as 30fps in big battles.

Any estimated time for when this will be resolved or' date=' cause my trial is almost done, and I'm certainly not subscribing, while more then just me are having an FPS problem, your all obviously doing your best, and it's an amazing game, other then this terrible FPS. :)[/quote']

I agree with mullins165

When will some sort of patch be released to combat this?

I'm preparing to test some infantry related changes to both code and data. I'll let you know what I'm seeing.

Basically we've improved the code efficiency and added in the ability to lower the quality of the LODs to improve performance.

I'm preparing to test some infantry related changes to both code and data. I'll let you know what I'm seeing.

Basically we've improved the code efficiency and added in the ability to lower the quality of the LODs to improve performance.

... I'll admit this is awesome, atleast ya'll are working on the problem, and doing your best, much love Rats :)

Found some good stuff today. Increased benchremagen by 10%. Might have another 10% if I can improve the shadows.

Still, the bench doesn't seem to reflect what you guys are seeing in game so I've got to figure out how to replicate that better.

Most of you note that your lowest fps is worse than your benchinfantry which is surprising a little.

G'day Gopher.

Glad to see you are on the task of cracking the FPS dragon , you are right in the assumption the bench test FPS are a lot higher than in the gameworld.

On my figures on the bench test's I would say its about a 50 percent differential from the tests to actual in game play for the worse , that and the EI ews fps drop I have now whenever they are near the FPS drops to 1-2 , firing on a close EI the screen freezes for a number of seconds.

I just wonder if its possible to roll back to 1.32 while the campaign is still on and then release 1.33 and fix while in intermission? , just seems to me and a lot others that 1.33 is causing to many issues at the moment on playability.

Cheers

Edited by expatpom

G'day Gopher.

Glad to see you are on the task of cracking the FPS dragon , you are right in the assumption the bench test FPS are a lot higher than in the gameworld.

On my figures on the bench test's I would say its about a 50 percent differential from the tests to actual in game play for the worse , that and the EI ews fps drop I have now whenever they are near the FPS drops to 1-2 , firing on a close EI the screen freezes for a number of seconds.

I just wonder if its possible to roll back to 1.32 while the campaign is still on and then release 1.33 and fix while in intermission? , just seems to me and a lot others that 1.33 is causing to many issues at the moment on playability.

Cheers

That'd be the best idea Rolling back to 1.32, I know everybody will be like WTF a rollback? but, it's extremely fusterating for those that cannot play, and 1.32 worked fine, so I'll vote to bring back 1.32 for the rest of the campaign, and that'll also give you guys alot more time to attempt to fix this problem that so many people are experiencing.

Dont know if this is related, by when i open the map my FPS drops by 50% at least!

Never had it this bad in 1.32...Wonder if its related...

Dont know if this is related, by when i open the map my FPS drops by 50% at least!

Never had it this bad in 1.32...Wonder if its related...

Same thing here/

Remagen Bench - 72-76fps

Infantry Bench - 34-37fps

Win7/64

Nvidia GTX260

Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9GB RAM

Nvidia Driver 266.58

Actual in-game fps as infantry ranges from 80fps down to 20fps depending on the environment. With 1.32, the range was more like 100+ down to 30fps, so things have slowed noticeably.

You can never go backwards. It's impossible to do. You don't want to anyway since most of the issues will be fixed soon.

Map FPS dropping is a new one which not many people have reported until now. Does it happen all the time, or only in certain situations?

Map FPS dropping is a new one which not many people have reported until now. Does it happen all the time' date=' or only in certain situations?[/quote']

It has always been thus for as long as I can remember, ever since the game info window was added allowing monitoring of framerate. It used to be worse - opening the map caused a drop of about half the FPS. Maybe the drop isn't/wasn't as bad for the people with good rigs. I wouldn't know since I have pretty much always played with 3rd-rate gear and relied on ability to keep me competitive instead.

Further, in years past we could check the framerate independently of having the chat window and the rest of the HUD open because we could toggle all the HUD windows independently. Chat alone used to cause a framerate drop of about 15 to 20%. For that reason (besides the fact that the chat window cannot be dragged off to a sceond monitor, thus must it always be blocking the view of something - unacceptable for a serious pilot), many pilots don't use any of the HUD at all. Being able to toggle the HUD windows independently from each other remains a highly desirable feature for at least some of us - please consider re-enabling/adding that back into the game.

Edited by oyaji

Hi Ahwulf,

Thanks for your reply :)

The FPS degradation is all the time based on figures from 1.32 , this can be anywhere out in the field miles from anywhere from a 50-70 percent drop (with no one else around) to single figures /freezing when near towns , the ping stays the same circa 50-60.

While flying the FPS drop mirrors the above.

When in a tank the FPS drops to low single figures as the speed of the tank increases until it gets along the lines of a slide show.

In most cases when an ei is near it will freeze for a number of seconds , this is in all classes , usually while firing.

All of our squad (13th) has this issue and the same parameters.

Cheers

To cope with latest Fps hit, i turn off all Hud info. It makes a distinct difference. When i pop fps counter back up, it starts high then quickly adjust down 5-20 frames. Fwiw.

Being able to toggle the HUD windows independently from each other remains a highly desirable feature for at least some of us - please consider re-enabling/adding that back into the game.

yep that was a nice feature to have, especially while flying.

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT, 512mb, Driver 180.84

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 6000+, @3.02GHz

3.25 GB RAM

Benchremagen 55fps

Benchinfantry 22fps

Benchinfantry x2 12fps

Playing in Maastricht last night and got around 8fps...

So if this game wont be able to handle 500infantry in the same town I will go back playing SA-MP (GTA3 multiplayer remake) which easily handles 500people.

I play this game because of the large scale with many online.

I do not care about how bags on infantry look.

I have noticed once i get fps jerking if i turn off the entire hud it becomes semi playable, there is a noticeable difference though.

All of these reports need OS, GPU and driver version to be of value.

I'd also suggest running a .benchremagen and then a .benchinfanrtry offline and reporting those.

• launch offline

• at ui type '.benchremagen'

• spawn

• record fps

• while spawned type '.benchinfantry'

• record fps

GPU: nVidia 9800GT (512MB GDDR3 RAM)

driver version: 266.58

CPU: AMD PhenomII x4 925 (quad-core, 6MB cache, 2.8GHz)

RAM: DDR3 1333, dual channel 2x2GB sticks

motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-M Evo

HDD - crappy old Western Digital PATA 120GB Ultra DMA 133 (now 80% full)

GAME SET TO "BEST PERFORMANCE"

/benchanterp: unsteady, ranging from 41 to 58 FPS

/benchremagen: 55-59 FPS

/benchremagen + /benchinfantry: 22-23 FPS

/benchremagen + /benchvehicles: 24-25 FPS

/benchremagen + /benchinfantry + /benchvehicles: 15 FPS

In-game performance observations - AI AAA at airfields, factories, and deep-water ports (the big stuff and lots of it) frequently drop framerates into low-teens/single-digits, same with 1km cloud layer; in-game settings are below "Best-Performance" default settings

Edited by oyaji

You can never go backwards. It's impossible to do. You don't want to anyway since most of the issues will be fixed soon.

Map FPS dropping is a new one which not many people have reported until now. Does it happen all the time, or only in certain situations?

Its a constant drop, anywhere of approx 50%, whenever i open the map in 1.33.

Totally bizarre FPS drop. Did anyone see this in beta?

Map I can understand vaguely, but not the HUD making any fps difference, it just doesn't do much work. Are any of you setting CPU affinity to a single core? That would screw the map for sure.

Note that for 1.33.1 there should be a large improvement in FPS due to the infantry changes. That should affect the map 0% though.

If any of you seeing the large fps drops with HUD/Map have FRAPS? Even though your rig might be slow with FRAPs i think you can see the framerate in its display. Of course FRAPS will slow down the game, but the idea is to measure the FPS with no HUD, with HUD, with HUD and Map and post that along with your specs.

Also, does everyone seeing that issue (map slowdown) not have an AMD processor?