Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mako26

AB Cappin'

2 posts in this topic

I always like going for the AB's during any attack, its usually a low probability of success, but sometimes things go your way and nobody decides to check the bunker.......

SShot50x.jpg

I joined a small attack taking place at Antwerp AF, early in the assault the probability of striking quickly and capping the ab looked likely. After a few initial infantry skirmishes the ab erupted with allied activity and our small assault force lost its grip on the perimeter. During the fight I held tight to the AB perimeter and somehow didn't get spotted or incidentally mowed down in the fighting despite an ei running within .5m of me while I hid under the AB tents.

While the AB was still hot with mostly tanks driving in all directions I decided that before the AI respawned I should make a break for the bunker. I stood up to check which way the many commanders and gun barrels were pointed then made my suicide dash to the bunker, which somehow went unseen. More surprising was the lack of bunker security despite the flurry of equipment activity around the AB. As I peaked out of the murder holes I got to watch most of the Allied arsenal in action, until a lone lmg located me from the infantry spawn and started firing at my little view port. Though he did get a scratch on my lmg commando, I dodged in time to avoid death and held ready until he had to reload.....but that never happened. After 30seconds I'm thinking 'okay what....the...hell...' so I peak out another viewport to see Mr. Rambo is still firing away from the same position, a ctd maybe?

As the clock ticked by and the fighting around the perimeter continued I took the above picture. I REALLY wanted to mow those guys down too. Once the cap occurred I did get my chance to mop up Bloke in his AAA gun before the bunker started getting repeatedly hit by armor fire. After that I kept taking peaks out of the view port to locate the armor and update marks until ironfist42 got my commando in the noggin with his stuart mg. Save for the ctd'ing lmg guy I was never challenged in the bunker by infantry, much to my boredom, but the flurry of equipment activity around me did make this a rather humorous capture, and worth writing about :D

Good read.... thanks for posting.

I bet your adrenaline was pumping.... or perhaps you were as cool as a cucumber throughout?

I do like the fact that a smart player can, with a bit of luck, achieve great things in this MMO game.

S!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0