Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cjsporl

code needs to be upgraded for newer cpu's and graphic cards

9 posts in this topic

i am starting a petition for updated code so that new graphics cards, and cpu's can be used to there FULL potential. this petition is also for a 64bit version of the game.

With upgraded code we can have sli enabled in game; we could have extreme high fps ratings and with a 64bit version of the game we would have no more ram issues.

if you want to sign this please write "signed" in your reply

digital-signing.gif

signed players

1.indo420

2.calwatta

3. cjsporl

Edited by cjsporl

I'll sign it

but they just got done doing the best they could possibly do at "upgrading" the graphics on the game.

Went from Shader 2.0 to Shader 3.0

I say let them clear 1.35 before doing this, as I would hate to see their schedule upto this point be erased.

But I support this motion.

code the WHOLE game for 64 bit and actually break the 2 gig memory barrier?

I'll beleive it when I see it...

they might as well start coding for 128 bit...because by the time it's finished that's what processors and OS's will be using

Didn't we go over this a few weeks back?

Anyhow. Could be a while. The new intern may only have mastered coffee and still learning the code.

Would need either a massive rewrite of the engines or a new one all together.

Would need to port the entire game from OpenGl to DirectX 11+

Hope you used good paper, cause it gonna be sitting for a while.

Best advice. Want to be able to push your CPU and GPU's fully and have an amazing looking game.? Go to kmart and buy one.

you're not petitioning for new code. you're petitioning for millions of dollars to redo the game from the ground up.

you're not petitioning for new code. you're petitioning for millions of dollars to redo the game from the ground up.

This.

You can't just put a few lines of code and get either. It'd require a whole rewrite of the entire game, which if you're going to do that you might as well just reboot the game in general and upgrade everything.

Of course, it'd require nothing short of massive financial resources to do it and that is something the Rats do not have.

I have run the game in crossfire with 2 5970's on three monitors and works great, as very little else out there supports crossfire i no longer use it but it was a delight in this game

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0