Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Dear CRS

thief

eg: we pulled all of Thiefs (the original poster) sortie data and CS&R is reporting exactly what that data says it should be reporting, not including data he may have thought was recorded but actually wasn't, of which we have no record. This should not be a very high number of incidences, but if it wasn't reported is also completely unable to be tracked/checked unless a seperate record exists that we can compare it with, which we don't have and the host is unable to produce (ie: it would have to be recorded by the user as it happens)

There are missions when NOTHING records. My first 190 mission this map:

SShot9.jpg

But it never recorded on CS&R. No damages, no kills, no nothing:

http://csr.wwiionline.com/scripts/services/persona/sorties.jsp?pid=412651

Second mission was recorded:

SShot10-1.jpg

Now I don't know for sure but I'm thinking what happens if I get shot down during one of those missions? Does the killer get credit on me? I think not and I think this is what is causing a kill difference in a sorties page/AAR and the actual mission kill count. For example this DOC's mission (It shows 7 kills, should be 8 kills):

http://csr.wwiionline.com/scripts/services/persona/sortie.jsp?sid=836393&pid=607&page=2

Same here with my 3 kill mission (shows only 2):

http://csr.wwiionline.com/scripts/services/persona/sortie.jsp?sid=1481299&pid=412651&page=2

It happens rarely and I haven't been able to reproduce that.

I don't have bionic ears, never had them. But people in my squad who had them still report hearing my 190 from just outside grey circle range pretty clearly.

Very interesting Thief. I'm going to have to start posting my screen capture too as I have had the same problem.

Talk about ego being stroked.

You got stroked and then got about 4 blow jobs.:D

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what you are trying to say.

Seriously, no idea at all....

motormouth:

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!"), that post pretty much nails it on the head.

sgtchief:

romz you['re] my damn hero

sydney:

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

irelandeb:

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

jw:

If you're going to argue with Romz, do your homework before you post. He gets it, and you can't teach common sense, you have to be born with it.

pete, linc & julie:

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

owilde:

The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

Well some genuine information would be very useful. Gophur and I both make no bones about it, when we are flying, we never hear an aircraft bouncing us. I flew 50 straight sorties on the live server to test some scoring related stuff and I hear my engine, my guns, maybe another plane if it's right next to me (and I know that what people would say is that I shouldn't hear that either, but I can't "turn that off for planes" so that's just the way it is right now, and I mean right next to me so if I was being bounced I'd already be hit before I heard them) ... but I find no evidence of "bionic ears that allow me to hear myself being bounced" and I ask you, why would I lie about this ?

So obviously some people claim they have a different experience, and since I cannot have their experience, or react to what I cannot experience myself when testing ... they either help with good solid stuff to look for or at, or they don't.

It's that simple.

No one should ever take an explanation such as this as a reason to think we aren't interested in the subject or anything negative on the basis that I am just clarifying the situation. So they can maybe help us a little. It's not a crime.

I am the same way DOC. Can't hear an ea even if he is right on top of me. Then again, I have never had bionic ears so nothing particularly new there for me. I PM'd my squady the link to this thread so he might be able to help with some info. He literally was telling us when we had ea in gray circle range yesterday what they were before we could identify them. "Oh I hear a hawk and a hurri." Low and behold when they hit red circle they were in fact a hawk and a hurri. "I hear a p38 somewhere." Yep... here comes a p38.

So hopefully his information might be able to help you guys.

S!

dab

Edited by dabar0n

I don't have bionic ears, never had them. But people in my squad who had them still report hearing my 190 from just outside grey circle range pretty clearly.

I think there is something slightly off with EA sounds in this respect as well.

This is a bit anecdotal, DOC, but bear with me.

Last night, I did a bunch of AAA missions in a MLE 38 on the W side of the Aachen depot in Heerlen.

Where I set up, I had a good view of the horizon and sky from my due W to the SE.

For a while, there was a grey circle faintly visible flying around to the SSE, diving and zooming around. And he was much louder than the aircraft bombing and strafing the town a few hundred meters behind me. Loud enough that I turned around repeatedly because it would sound like he was a few hundred meters away and closing.

This is the only time I've heard this since 1.33. This is on WinXP; if there is any further info I can provide, let me know.

Other than that little incident, I think the sound is vastly improved since the patch / new audio engine.

I edited out the completely pointless and personal rant portion of your response because it was a poor working example of how to go about this stuff.

Your hint while trying to help, really doesn't. Like for example, are you saying if I was in an non-109 I could hear a 109 XXX meters away from me with my engine running ?

How far is XXX ? Is this from any direction ? Or is that a specific part of the replication method ? Does altitiude factor into this at all ? (it's all about covering relative directional aspects not all of which may be identical in behaviour) Hey if I experienced in testing/evaluation what you're talking about, I wouldn't be asking you how you get it. Your hardware/software and settings is important too.

Keep it to controlled test functions. Otherwise it's just more rant. Rant doesn't fix anything. We like to fix stuff for you but you gotta go along with what that takes.

Lets see if I can do this like a real villain of batman

The views you see

not the noise you hear

moves alone as with your keys

It is distinction of tone

that that creates the phone

of hello am I coming from right, left

and not home?

I would say as again if you were not tone deaf again that the 109 is around 600 meters or maybe more when you first detect its presence. I believe you would have to give up differentiation of sound of different airplanes to be rid of it or just plain go ahead and make everyone deaf.

Oh just to be honest somewhat to you it is nothing like the zero onboard engine sound bug before the patch that occured randomly and with certain settings. I think some of the problem is Thief thinks everyone never sees him so his report is a little biased toward all the time.

WinXP

Using Asus Motherboard Sound through headphones

Edited by angriff

Angriff. It's not the ea that convinced me but the squadmates, who call "spit sound... there he is" at gray circle range.

Angriff. It's not the ea that convinced me but the squadmates' date=' who call "spit sound... there he is" at gray circle range.[/quote']

this was me, ima record fraps next time & will have the sound showing exactly where im hearing it, will throw a few clips together.

i was hearing EA at grey circle range, i knew it was a spit before i even looked in the direction. saved me once today from being bounced but it also cost me a few bounces which wuda been sure things if the spits in front of me didnt hamfist soon as they heard me while flying in a steady climb on their route to target before i could shoot.

i know rats put a lot of work into fixing the audio & to be fair to them im posting this to try help them be aware of what im experiencing, there is definitely people who had the uber audio who dont now, it definitely is an advantage to whoever has it but id rather not have the advantage & everyone has to rely on their SA to survive.

this was me, ima record fraps next time & will have the sound showing exactly where im hearing it, will throw a few clips together.

i was hearing EA at grey circle range, i knew it was a spit before i even looked in the direction. saved me once today from being bounced but it also cost me a few bounces which wuda been sure things if the spits in front of me didnt hamfist soon as they heard me while flying in a steady climb on their route to target before i could shoot.

i know rats put a lot of work into fixing the audio & to be fair to them im posting this to try help them be aware of what im experiencing, there is definitely people who had the uber audio who dont now, it definitely is an advantage to whoever has it but id rather not have the advantage & everyone has to rely on their SA to survive.

I still contend that instead of being process oriented on the sound, CRS needs to be results oriented.

Simply insert a tiny bit of code that turns all sound volume to zero except that plane's engine, plinks, and bombs. All sounds have filenames.

No need to modify the current process, just set the volume to zero if the filename is not one of those. Use a results oriented fix to override the process that is not working right.

Hell, DOC says he can't hear any other engines, and he says that is the way it should be...so that's the way the game code should work. All that sound processing is wasted processor time when you know going in that the end result is that the player shouldn't hear the sounds anyway!

The process is not important, the results are important.

motormouth:

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!"), that post pretty much nails it on the head.

sgtchief:

romz you['re] my damn hero

sydney:

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

irelandeb:

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

jw:

If you're going to argue with Romz, do your homework before you post. He gets it, and you can't teach common sense, you have to be born with it.

pete, linc & julie:

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

owilde:

The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

I still contend that instead of being process oriented on the sound, CRS needs to be results oriented.

Simply insert a tiny bit of code that turns all sound volume to zero except that plane's engine, plinks, and bombs. All sounds have filenames.

No need to modify the current process, just set the volume to zero if the filename is not one of those. Use a results oriented fix to override the process that is not working right.

Hell, DOC says he can't hear any other engines, and he says that is the way it should be...so that's the way the game code should work. All that sound processing is wasted processor time when you know going in that the end result is that the player shouldn't hear the sounds anyway!

I hope it's the way all the things works and really can be easy fixed like you said.

But I am sure the experience is the same because of Tone and not the fact that your engine is not making a sound at all as the old bug was.

You would think there would be a solution like this possible. As long as the 1st person engine is on, turn all external sounds down or off. DOC keeps saying this isn't feasible. I think they just want the elegant solution for this. But if the elegant solution fails they should be able to throw a band aid in for now till they come up with that elegant solution.

Had a new interesting mission... First mission of the day:

SShot13-1.jpg

It shows no kills/damages and mission time is 0.

But that was a 54min 5 kill mission that showed up on CRS much later:

http://csr.wwiionline.com/scripts/services/persona/sortie.jsp?sid=2000279&pid=412651&page=1

Never had that happen before.

After that mission I didn't restart the game, just took off again but when I landed at Düsseldorf I got a mission results pending bug (it has been a VERY long time since I got that bug).