• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kwinkydink

What'd you do to the sound crs?

18 posts in this topic

It's so crappy now I can't even tell where anything is coming from. Sounds like I'm at the bottom of a well with the bass turned up way too high no matter what settings I use.

Didn't do this before nor with any other game.

--Fallsjager

It's so crappy now I can't even tell where anything is coming from. Sounds like I'm at the bottom of a well with the bass turned up way too high no matter what settings I use.

--Fallsjager

Settings can be changed. Ask support forums or browse their recent threads for problems like yours and fixes!

Apparently not with ww2ol they can be. Same effect too much bass always now.

-Fallsjager

You've probably already checked this, but in game settings make sure your sound device that you expect to be used is the one selected.

How recent are your drivers?

Edited by jwilly

--Fallsjager

Same here, i got a audigy 2 with csmm enable like he was in 1.32 and before the surround was very good but now the surround is very bad, all my driver are up, the new sound engine need some tweak because now is so hard to play with the curen sound

i use headphone .

How recent are your drivers?

Ditto.

I was having issues (everything sounded monaural) until I updated my Creative X-Fi drivers in Win 7.

drivers up to date, game sounds like crap. it's only this game, other games are fine

sounded fine before the new patch too, except in the beta it was muffled and bassy too.

-Fallsjager

If you want to actually do something about it, follow proper protocol...switch to the bug reporting forum and provide your DXDIAG if you think it's the sound engine, or switch to the windows support forum and provide your DXDIAG if you think it might be your setup.

Posting in this forum won't accomplish anything of substance except to give you something to post about.

Apparently OpenAL should be uninstalled? Sound got a little better after this. OpenAL is a proggy CRS told us to install several patches ago when they redid the sounds.

-Fallsjager

If you have multiple generations of old sound programs and drivers, it might be desirable to do a clean system install. If they're not maintained, over time systems become cluttered and it's impossible to tell if the right system code modules are executing.

nah his was a fresh install this year on a new computer. Sound worked fine before 1.33

removing OpenAL open gl sound proggy seemed to help.

Do we still need this proggy CRS?

i've got some issues to

some tanks sound like only the bass part of the engine is coming through and i don't hear it on any of my other 5 speakers.

borked, borky borky bork bork.

Same here, i got a audigy 2 with csmm enable like he was in 1.32 and before the surround was very good but now the surround is very bad, all my driver are up, the new sound engine need some tweak because now is so hard to play with the curen sound

i use headphone .

I have an Audigy 2 ZS and stereo headsets and my sound is good. The directional audio isn't as good as it used to be in 1.31, but a lot of weird bugs (echoing mg sounds and the like) have been fixed with the new audio engine.

Try installing Creative Alchemy, that improved directional sound for me.

I have an Audigy 2 ZS and stereo headsets and my sound is good. The directional audio isn't as good as it used to be in 1.31, but a lot of weird bugs (echoing mg sounds and the like) have been fixed with the new audio engine.

Try installing Creative Alchemy, that improved directional sound for me.

This is what happened to me once i installed Creative Alchemy:

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=358046

I'd like to know what happened as well. I have been away from the game for a while due to work, and came back this week.

I have an XFI SS Pro using 5.1 headphones and cannot make out where any sound is coming from. footsteps , rifle fire (and even tanks within 1 km away ) all have the same sound intensity and zero positional surround.

I really hope this gets fixed fast since it is destroying the game for me unfortunately since I am basically deaf in the game. (and from what I see I am not the only person suffering from this on the new patch)

So only a few people seem to have this problem?? I cannot play this game until this gets resolved since its puts me at a great disadvantage with a huge handicap.

The most important part of this game is situational awareness. Hearing incoming tanks and footsteps but not knowing from which direction makes this game too frustrating to play anymore.

Yeah sound is crappy since patch.

I rely more on sound than vis most of the Game, as the lighting for this Game is pretty Crappy too. Especially with over cast

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0