• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fundin

POST 1.21.X BUGS Here

56 posts in this topic

I guess we should list the bugs to make CRS life easier that trawling our threads. Ive tried to grab what i could from latest version bug notes we all posted, please add a quick note if i missed any. Hopefully then they can be passed onto CRS.

1) FB not dissappearing when blown

2) EI spawning into invisible FB

3) EI appearing and jumping positions, getting shot by invisible ones, firing close on ei (ie unmissable) and getting hit only (not kill), being invisible to EI and vice versa etc.

4) Flags on map not updating as areas change hands

5) AI up and killing freindlies

6) Multiple CTDs and connection to host lost

7) Issues with 3 button mice

8) AI not dying even though multiple hits

These are all directly related to automatic updates from that crazy strat server. One fix on their end should fix all of those problems.

Manual queries of the strat database still work though (like bumping a table to cap a flag, you initiate it, it isn't automatic)

Even when ownership of a town changes it's not updating on the Mac client. AI will still kill you and despawning will get you an MIA. Also (and this is universal it seems) AI is able to shoot through multiple walls now and kill you.

I tried to capture an AB flag today. From my view, there was no radio up. When i bumped the table, it showed German ownership. Meanwhile, another guy was next to the table and capped it French.

Same here - Mac players need some sort of update or patch to correct the issues listed above.

Bump.

bump:

Just had the non-disappearing fb thing happen to me this morning.

I was running around asking people what still needed charges, and they were all saying the fb was down. I was the only one who still saw it. So is this a Mac only problem?

So here is a completely new one. My screen goes buggy, it looks like the video card is gonna crash, then everything is back to normal.. My video card is fine. Usually happens in conjunction with the disappearing trees. DT's are very helpful though...

I believe that to be a "known feature" of the C47. I hear pilots laughing about it when they see it for the first time...

I am getting MIAs when I despawn my Panny at an AB that we cap and OWN.

This has happened TWO TIMES tonight - both with Pannys.

First time at Stenay, second was at Profundville.

EXTREMELY AGGRAVATING!! MIA??

Okay im better now :)

Yep - I have had all these happen to me too. I especially love the one where we capped the AB and you walk into it and the AI is still up and it kills you. On the other hand I have walked into an AB that the AI was *still up* but I see it down and im not getting shot at. One time I was shooting a AI tower with my 232 and it would not destroy cause it was already down but to me it was still shooting. I also was able to walk on top of destroyed fbs that were not destroyed - my squadies got screenies of me on top of them. My squadies where loading in a opel that was not there to me and then they dissappeared. Also, I am despawning equipment and not having a reserve on them sometimes but a MIA or a RTB. If RTB sometimes I have to back out of the mission and come back in and reselect my piece of equipment, it was returned to the equipment pool but I could not respawn it. The biggest pain is the MIA status on some of them from outside of a AB or FB cause I lose my equipment. I know it happened to one of my 232s and suspect it happened to other pieces of equipment that I couldnt reserve before I started paying attention to the despawn status.

OK now the biggest problem I have is not being able to zoom in or zoom out of the Map. I do not have a mouse wheel, I have a single button Mac Mouse. I try to control click but I get the contact report instead - I have grabed the magnifying glass icon but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

I have an extra mouse with a scroll wheel- they are 9$... That'd fix your trouble, and allow you to be more efficient at EVERYTHING else in OS X- want it?

:-)

My squaddies and I blew a bridge so the axis couldnt get across. Bridge was supposedly down (and looked that way to everyone else), but to me it was still there and I could cross it. My squaddie got a picture of me doing the Jesus walk that to everyone else looked like me running through the air.

THis can be a BIG problem, because what if an axis tanker who plays mac showed up? He would be able to see the bridge and drive across it when it really wasnt there, just like I could, right?

These issues need to be fixed right away man.

New version new bug thread. I've asked Ric for an update but I just got back from vacation this evening. I did notice in the game that my FPS got better again. 20+ in town.

Supposedly the inability to override configurations for individual vehicles was fixed. Anyone confirm that?

My squaddies and I blew a bridge so the axis couldnt get across. Bridge was supposedly down (and looked that way to everyone else), but to me it was still there and I could cross it. My squaddie got a picture of me doing the Jesus walk that to everyone else looked like me running through the air.

THis can be a BIG problem, because what if an axis tanker who plays mac showed up? He would be able to see the bridge and drive across it when it really wasnt there, just like I could, right?

These issues need to be fixed right away man.

There are other ramifications for the patient who stick around town hidden whilst the town is capped. AI will always stay "friendly."

THis can be a BIG problem' date=' because what if an axis tanker who plays mac showed up? [/quote'] That would be the last time anybody ever made fun of you for using a Mac, wouldn't it? ;)

That would be the last time anybody ever made fun of you for using a Mac' date=' wouldn't it? ;)[/quote']

Anyone remember teh 5 minutes that mac users got to see enemy tags on the ground? Good shootin :)

Add my name to the list of mac users with many of the above problems.

Non despawning fb's

mysterious ei.

floating inf and ei

MIA despawning while in one's own ab veh spawn..

etc.etc...

Hope they solve this database stuff.

They could just buy us all new computers also that might help :)

I was in verdun last night and every table I bumped up too was saying "querrying host" I could not cap in town. So I shot at everything that moved to commit suicide.

EDIT: I still need the ability to zoom in on my map. I cannot even post a mission cause I cannot zoom in. I dont want a wheel mouse damnit!! I want to be able to zoom in like I used too. I cannot get in close enough to see different buildings so I can select them to make a mission. If I cant get close to see the map of a town, none of the CPs individually show up, when ppl are yelling Betrix cp is a enemy spawnable I have know idea where that is cause I have to search the map outside of town to find where Bertix is in location to the city so I have a general idea where to run. Asking ppl what direction the spawnable is gets you the usual answer "Check your map you Lazy azz" I could be fighting there for an hour and need to post in a depot but I can see the depot on the map to select it. I also cannot zoom out to see the whole map either, Im at default so when im flying and I have to divert I have know idea where that town is. This is rediculous - let us page up and page down SOMETHING!! PLEASE>>> [end rant]

I second Stankyus' rant about the new mouse wheel requirement. I like my current setup, I don't want a new mouse with a silly wheel. Absolutely no good reason to take away UI feature and replace it with a hardware requirement.

I ask rick to see if something exists or can be changed about the scroll mouse and how the strat bug is going

Anyone remember teh 5 minutes that mac users got to see enemy tags on the ground? Good shootin :)

Lol, I remember doing just that! I was secretly hoping nobody would report that particular bug for awhile...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0