Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fundin

POST 1.21.X BUGS Here

56 posts in this topic

When will there be some relief to this non ability to rtb on missions at a differnt place than one originally spawned?

Also..none..of my stats have change over the last week despite me killing numerous enemy units....what's happening on that front as well????

Is there relief in site???

some glimmer of hope would be most welcome.

thanks

RickB has isolated the strat bug but will have to work with Oliver (KFSONE) Monday to figure out why the same code on the mac and pc give different results. I forwarded a request to RAMP (who does the UI) about the scroll wheel requirement. My stats are working fine, not sure why yours aren't.

hmmm ok thanks for letting me know what's happening.

Not sure why my stats are not updating either.

I will try to keep a record of what ever does/or doesnot happen in that regard.

Ahwulf do you think the x86 version for Mac's will allow for better gaming than the PowerPC version? Will this allow use of a wider assortment of graphics cards etc...or will such things really allow smoother and better playabilty?

Assuming of course CRS is doing the Mac/intel thing.

thanks

It shouldn't be hard to make a Mactel version, just a question of how to package it to avoid bigger downloads. I expect the X86 version should be faster since there is more experience at ATI and NVidia with x86 optimizations for OpenGL. But only trying it will tell for sure. The graphics cards are not the issue, its the opengl implementation that causes our low FPS compared to equivalent PCs. The hardware we have it actually just fine. However the x86 experience should allow better optimization.

add me to the list with all those not disappearing fbs and not updating of maps and flag buildings

Not sure if this is Mac specific but it has to do with updates not happening. I've noticed that the lists of who is currently on a mission, spawned as what, etc., in the UI do not update. Trying to .makeleader (if you have become one) reveals that a lot of those on the current list are no longer on the mission. Some things, like MSP's, seem to update fine but the "Briefing" data apparently do not.

MacOS X is supposed to be crash-proof, but Playnet (or WWIIOnline) is one of the very few apps which succeeds in totally crashing the Mac. How?

By hijacking the keyboard interaction (no APPLE-OPTION-ESC possible), blackening the screen and looping the sound into something horrible.

Forget APPLE-TABBING out of the game, on return you have 50/50 chance that it will crash.

Also, the lack of proper joystick support and consistent mouse control (sometimes it just plain stops that) should be addressed as well.

My setup is a Dual G5 2,7ghz with 3gb RAM and nVidia DLL 6800.

And now you (and I ) have machines that will soon be totally obsolete :)

Well you know what I mean....

Those new Mac/intel iMac's look very intriguing. When will CRS get the new code going !!!!!! :)

Update next week I heard !!!!

hehehehheeee

Change...inevitable LOL ;)

MIA...MIA.. MIA... lol that, flag, FB, phantom ai... are really getting me out of head... money from my card was not been charged?

When did we stop to do the tester of that game, and finally begin to play?

(the map zoom without wheel is not a prob... is just ridicolous...)

MacOS X is supposed to be crash-proof, but Playnet (or WWIIOnline) is one of the very few apps which succeeds in totally crashing the Mac. How?

By hijacking the keyboard interaction (no APPLE-OPTION-ESC possible), blackening the screen and looping the sound into something horrible.

Forget APPLE-TABBING out of the game, on return you have 50/50 chance that it will crash.

Also, the lack of proper joystick support and consistent mouse control (sometimes it just plain stops that) should be addressed as well.

My setup is a Dual G5 2,7ghz with 3gb RAM and nVidia DLL 6800.

The OS is mostly crash proof, applications are not - they just don't kill the OS in most cases. I've never had any app other than Digital Performer kill the OS (and that was because of kernel level code failing). Apple Option Esc has always worked just fine in WWIIOL, you can't mask that sequence, the OS handles it not the application. AS to command-tab most people have no trouble but a small percentage seem to. I can't reproduce it on my dual2.0G5. I wish I could, it seems to be environment dependent. The sound its apple's openal, which sucks terribly, and which I am working on totally replacing as I have time. As to your other problems they are not common among the other Mac players. Perhaps your 2.7 is too fast :-) How about posting a System Profile report (as attachment) so we can see if something odd about your Mac.

MIA...MIA.. MIA... lol that, flag, FB, phantom ai... are really getting me out of head... money from my card was not been charged?

When did we stop to do the tester of that game, and finally begin to play?

(the map zoom without wheel is not a prob... is just ridicolous...)

Read the PC forum is you want to see bugs :-) THey have many more troubles (though none atm as bad the strat bug).

The patch coming out this week has buttons to zoom on the map for the wheel-less folks.

Perhaps we need to get some more official beta-testers - I'll as GOPHUR if we can ask for volunteers.

Over the last couple of days I've suddenly been experiencing some bizarre behavior with ww2ol:

The "invisible ea,ei, etc." bug has gone from occaisional to rampant for me.

Spawning as pilot at any AF shows explosions like at fb's that received recent satchel charges or like it does in contested towns - no matter how distant the rear area.

dual 2.7 g5

ati x800xt

2.5 g/ram

Ahwulf,

the joystick perils are solved more or less. But I anxiously await an update fo the game. My Windows collegues think i am going bananas when they see me get killed by capped AI.

When reading the forums i noticed the talk about OpenAudio or something, so i guess it's up to Apple to fix that.

Thanks for getting the new patch out and fixing the MIA and the update bugs. If you could mention this to them, I don't know if it's Mac only, but when you switch from driver to gunner and back to driver in the 251 it automatically drops me down a gear.

1) FB not dissappearing when blown

2) EI spawning into invisible FB

3) EI appearing and jumping positions, getting shot by invisible ones, firing close on ei (ie unmissable) and getting hit only (not kill), being invisible to EI and vice versa etc.

4) Flags on map not updating as areas change hands

5) AI up and killing freindlies

6) Multiple CTDs and connection to host lost

7) Issues with 3 button mice

8) AI not dying even though multiple hits

9) Don't forget invisible tables in the CPs if you are in a town before the tables go hot.

I'm glad to see that CRS has finally come to their senses and are at last allowing Mac players to discuss the system wide bugs in the code openly without adding insult to our injuries by instilling the constant fear of retaliation in the form of threats of permanent banishment in the game and on these boards.

I wonder how many Mac players they've already lost forever due to their prior Gestapo tactics.

I personally know of at least 20.

We should all thank Mike "Krieger" Daniels for helping to set the record straight.

The rest of the angry lynch mob should all be ashamed of themselves.

The AI (strat server update) bug is not gone for me... I can kill the AI, and whatch it go down from my fire, but if anyone else kills it I still see it up.

Example: had an AT AI shootin at me from South of Oudinaard last night and I killed it. Funny thing was there were 3 other tanks within 20 meters of me, all lined abreast to the town, and none of them saw any AI up.

Example 2: Flew my D520 over Axis town, AAA AI shoots me and wounds me over half... the Hurri2 pilot next to me says "What AI? It went down 5 mins ago!" As a result my engine conks out 2km from the airfield, as I'm on final approach. I have to crash land and I get a RES mission result.

Now unlike jnmoulin I see tables go up (but not down - did that change, if you cap a table it stays there now?), and radios go up too like they are supposed to.

Game patch level: 1.21.2 or whatever was current as of Jan. 20th.

Anyone else see AI problems? That's different strat message than the one that was fixed. I haven't see it yet.

Not sure what you mean by gestapo tatics, I've been supporting the Mac players for the last 6+ months or so, have access to the source and the programmers. There is no limit on reporting bugs or any lack of commenting on problems unless someone stops being nice :-) The Rats pay attention but are eternally short handed.

I found the strat bug in the source, sent the description to Rick who fixed it, and it made it into the next patch. If there is another bug we will squash it too.

Not sure what you mean by gestapo tatics, ...QUOTE]

I mean banning Mac players for "cheating" without any explaination or more importantly proof when all that is happening is that we are experiencing these myriad of bugs. Deleting board posts when we ask for help with the bugs finally resulting in bannishment from the message boards, receiving threatening and harrassing text messages and private messages from CRS in-game helpers. All of the above requiring us to prove our innocence and the above mentioned harassment with screenshots and other evidence.

As was the case with myself and numerous other Mac players in the last several months.

Only after every single Mac player came down with the exact same bugs was my account re-instated.

That's what I mean by Gestapo tactics.

That's odd. I've never had any of that happen to me in all the years I've played this game. But I suppose you speak from some form of experience. I have had Mac Forum posts deleted but only because they ended up simply being rehashes of the Sticky bug reports that I hadn't noticed before I posted. The few times I've had bugs in game that could be classified as cheating or hacking the .report either got me no response at all or a very helpful reply.

In a StugG. a Blen was flying near me and dropped his bombs at very high speed. Nothing hit, but as he flew away and thye aircraft sound stopped I ctd'd

Thread 5 Crashed:

0 <<00000000>> 0xffff86bc __bzero + 188 (cpu_capabilities.h:187)

1 com.apple.audio.OpenAL 0x01c87a1c OALSource::DoRender(AudioBufferList*) + 1464 (oalSource.cpp:2020)

2 ...pple.audio.units.Components 0x99d53a54 AUMixer3DEntry + 8668

3 ...pple.audio.units.Components 0x99d53b98 AUMixer3DEntry + 8992

4 ...pple.audio.units.Components 0x99d54794 AUMixer3DEntry + 12060

5 ...pple.audio.units.Components 0x99d552b4 AUMixer3DEntry + 14908

6 ...pple.audio.units.Components 0x99de6d10 dyld_stub__keymgr_get_and_lock_processwide_ptr + 25872

7 ...pple.audio.units.Components 0x99de890c dyld_stub__keymgr_get_and_lock_processwide_ptr + 33036

8 ...pple.audio.units.Components 0x99d1dd10 DefaultOutputAUEntry + 29112

9 ...pple.audio.units.Components 0x99d24d6c AUHighShelfFilterEntry + 5100

10 ...pple.audio.units.Components 0x99d1e3e0 DefaultOutputAUEntry + 30856

11 ...pple.audio.units.Components 0x99de9078 dyld_stub__keymgr_get_and_lock_processwide_ptr + 34936

12 ...pple.audio.units.Components 0x99de8da8 dyld_stub__keymgr_get_and_lock_processwide_ptr + 34216

13 ....audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 0x940f7e78 AudioConverterChain::CallInputProc(unsigned long) + 332

14 ....audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 0x940f7ac8 AudioConverterChain::FillBufferFromInputProc(unsigned long*, unsigned long*, CABufferList*) + 128

15 ....audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 0x940f7290 BufferedAudioConverter::GetInputBytes(unsigned long, unsigned long&, CABufferList const*&) + 212

16 ....audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 0x940f70e8 CBRConverter::RenderOutput(CABufferList*, unsigned long, unsigned long&, AudioStreamPacketDescription*) + 132

17 ....audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 0x940f6e5c BufferedAudioConverter::FillBuffer(unsigned long&, AudioBufferList&, AudioStreamPacketDescription*) + 292

18 ....audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 0x940f6fd8 AudioConverterChain::RenderOutput(CABufferList*, unsigned long, unsigned long&, AudioStreamPacketDescription*) + 136

19 ....audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 0x940f6e5c BufferedAudioConverter::FillBuffer(unsigned long&, AudioBufferList&, AudioStreamPacketDescription*) + 292

20 ....audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 0x940f6ce8 AudioConverterFillComplexBuffer + 280

21 ...pple.audio.units.Components 0x99d1dfa4 DefaultOutputAUEntry + 29772

22 ...pple.audio.units.Components 0x99de890c dyld_stub__keymgr_get_and_lock_processwide_ptr + 33036

23 ...pple.audio.units.Components 0x99d1dd10 DefaultOutputAUEntry + 29112

24 ...pple.audio.units.Components 0x99d1d3ac DefaultOutputAUEntry + 26708

25 com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 0x91414ac8 IOA_Device::CallIOProcs(AudioTimeStamp const&, AudioTimeStamp const&, AudioTimeStamp const&) + 376

26 com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 0x914147dc HP_IOThread::PerformIO(AudioTimeStamp const&) + 532

27 com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 0x914127ec HP_IOThread::WorkLoop() + 1156

28 com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 0x91412354 HP_IOThread::ThreadEntry(HP_IOThread*) + 16

29 com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 0x914031d4 CAPThread::Entry(CAPThread*) + 96

30 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9002b200 _pthread_body + 96

G5 10.4.4 nvidia 6800Ultra

ibad

That's just the crappy openal sound stuff I will eventually replace (not as easily as I thought at first).

As a moderator I haven't deleted anything. However in those rare occasions I wanted to usually someone else beat me too it. Language is usually a good reason, especially in a worldwide public forum.

If you maintain a decent attitude and don't get nasty you will find a lot of people willing to help. Even DOC can be helpful :-/

The PC version still has 100's more platform specific bugs than we will ever see. The Mac version isn't perfect but currently its more stable than the PC.

As a moderator I haven't deleted anything. PC.

Nonsense.

I spent 3 months trying to figure out what was going on while I was accused of "cheating" and "hacking."

All my posts were deleted because I asked whether there was such a thing as an invisibility bug.

When I went back to try and log onto the boards I saw this message:

"You have been banned for the following reason:

None

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

I was one of the first people to experience these bugs back in October of 2005. Not a single person would help me including yourself.

There is no excuse for the way I was treated. I'm simply glad to see you've all finally come to see the error of your ways.

Nonsense.

I spent 3 months trying to figure out what was going on while I was accused of "cheating" and "hacking."

All my posts were deleted because I asked whether there was such a thing as an invisibility bug.

When I went back to try and log onto the boards I saw this message:

"You have been banned for the following reason:

None

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

I was one of the first people to experience these bugs back in October of 2005. Not a single person would help me including yourself.

There is no excuse for the way I was treated. I'm simply glad to see you've all finally come to see the error of your ways.

You weren't banned for the "bugs" that the rest of we Mac players were experiencing J.N. ; from what I've read, there was more to it than that - a lot more and you know it.

Take that "Gestapo" crud and STFU! You're an embarrassment to the Mac player base.

Easy, guys, lets not start down that road. This is a bug reporting thread, not a complaint forum... I'm going to delete the posts for the first time otherwise if another moderator or Rat doesn't first.

Bugs only please.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0