Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldwing

What have I returned to?

17 posts in this topic

Hoo boy. As a buyer of the original coaster (won't belabor that) I've returned to check out the game. Looked great offline and I've bought a month, but first thing I find is the usual airplane slide show over vills, and then the servers go down....:(.

Please tell me things are better than that!

Patience, young Jedi. The game is better now than it's ever been, connection issues and individual performance notwithstanding. If you've got problems with fps etc. post it here so people can try and help you.

Young Jedi, heh. I'm 59.

I know most of the system and game tweaks I think. But I can't test them out 'cause servers are down...:(

I would think this system on high performance for aircraft would keep decent FPS:

2.56 P4

1 gig ram

256 6600gt nvidia

80gig hd

defragged, latest drivers, most processes shut down, yadda yadda

Assume most people use different settings for inf. v. aircraft?

if u have an FPS issue you need to post your specs on the hardware forum and get your settings sorted.

as for the server i dont think i have been effected by it for years

Hoo boy. As a buyer of the original coaster (won't belabor that) I've returned to check out the game. Looked great offline and I've bought a month, but first thing I find is the usual airplane slide show over vills, and then the servers go down....:(.

Be patient young grasshopper.....ITS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better!! :)

Just remember life is one big Beta test.

drill

Young Jedi, heh. I'm 59.

I know most of the system and game tweaks I think. But I can't test them out 'cause servers are down...:(

I would think this system on high performance for aircraft would keep decent FPS:

2.56 P4

1 gig ram

256 6600gt nvidia

80gig hd

I have an AMD 64 3500

1GB ram

128MB GF6600GT

I get 30 to 70 FPS while flying and have a few times seen 100fps :D

I would imagine your 256mb card would be nice. I think though that AMDs do tend to run games a little better.

My settings are

1280x1024x16

3d sounds

32 sounds

no shadow size

distance far

128 bullet holes

dithering

high player visable limit

disabled water shaders

use vertex shaders for trees

use video ram

That's what it's on currently. I haven't tried to muck around with the settings too much. I keep meaning to but I always forget.

On the ground I get 30 to 70 fps while running around and 20 to 40 fps in battles.

Game is much better now when u can play :). Camping has been significantly reduced: the best part of brigades IMHO......

Damn' date=' I'm using lower settings and getting 3 fps in dogfights. Something is seriously wrong here...[/quote']

Not bad for your system

drill

Damn' date=' I'm using lower settings and getting 3 fps in dogfights. Something is seriously wrong here...[/quote']

Do you have it set to windowns NT compatibility? For some people that seems to work wonders.

Thats why we are saying, go to the PC Support Forum and get some help with your settings, etc.

Oldwing, please post your DxDiag specs (instructions here). We only need to see the "System Information", "Display Devices", "Sound Devices" and "System Devices" sections. From that information, we can tell if you need to update any drivers.

Also, please open the file "wwiiol.cfg" in Notepad and post the contents of that file here. There may be a few settings we can tweak to improve your FPS. If you haven't changed from the default settings, this file may not exist.

Thanks all. The NT compatiblity thing seemed to be the major fix. From there I am able to fine tune FPS, but I don't get the drops to 2-3 fps I had before!

Young Jedi, heh. I'm 59.

2.56 P4

1 gig ram

256 6600gt nvidia

80gig hd

CPU a little on the old side, but if your getting slide shows in the air, your PC is messed up. I get 20 steady with my old works system and 64 MB g Card

I get 60+ FPS with my

AMD 3.4 64bit

a 1gig ram

128mb radion 9800 pro (old card now)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0