Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arkansas

gtx 580

27 posts in this topic

ok so i put my new system together put 580 in it now when in game i get error opengl lost connection error #8.

so far i tried latest drivers and older drivers

I think he means futuremark :P

I assume you've installed the latest Nvidia drivers for your new card?

Have you reinstalled BGE - just to be sure (it's not a huge download)

Those errors happen if there's something wrong with the driver, or sometimes it can happen if there are overheating issues.

Have you successfully run any other opengl apps since installing the new card? Any directx apps?

Sorry for asking what may seem like dumb questions - but each bit helps.

Edit: Duh - I see you tried different drivers.

Does anything else run for you or is it just BGE not working?

Edited by beazil

yes i redownloaded and reinstalled. i also swapped cards in my old machine same error on it. but it runs every other game i try.

While you reinstalled the game, did you nuke the old directories associated with it? Including those in your "my documents" folder?

(sorry bout the furmark comment - never heard of it before this *sheepish grin*)

I can't imagine what would be causing your issue arkansas. Especially if everything else is working. Try sending a message to Awhulf or Bloo as well - just in case they have seen this before.

Edit: Is anyone else aware of another user with a 580 card?

I've had ctd's with the latest nvidia drivers - but not opengl errors. I'd suggest rolling back driver versions to see if that has any result, but then again, how many versions could you possibly roll back? Maybe 2 at most? I havent' heard of anyone else running today with a 580. That doesn't mean that there is noone doing it - just that I haven't heard of it.

Be nice if they would post in your thread so we might know if they have similar issues or not.

Edited by beazil

yes got rid of of old files and folders. i tried 4 sets of drivers. i donno maybe a rat knows what is going on.

I know you said this was a new build, but was it new from the ground up or did just upgrade? Was everything you bought brand new, and was the OS installed fresh?

P.S. What OS are you using?

Edited by vecchio

Try posting in the Nvidia forums as well, or even sending feedback to the nvidia driver team.

For example, there are issues enabling triplescreen resolutions that have to do with Nvidia and windows 7 x64. On the Nvidia forums we had a sixty page thread on it trying to sort out issues and solve the problems.

After much troubleshooting and such I was able to get it to work on my current build. But it was a pain in the *** at first to be sure. I was using new hardware on a new OS. The discussion was helpful for me, and that's why I'm making the suggestion.

There are so many potential issues that you may have unfortunately troubleshooting them like this *might* be the only way to solve it. If you can't find the answers here it is possible another nvidia user has experienced it somewhere else, and may have shared that experience on their discussion board.

I wish you a speedy resoultion to your issue. Please post back so the next guy with this issue can get it solved too. S!

Have you got stuff like PhysX turned ON in the NVidia Control Panel?

If you have, setup a profile for WWIIOL and turn it OFF.

If it isn't that, turn off virtually everything in that WWIIOL profile - takes like 30-secs - and then see if it runs.

If it does, turn stuff back on, one by one ...

There have been issues with new cards and the game (search forums ... there's a few topics from couple of months back on various of the newer cards)

tried that still get the error and i ran some more games to see if i could get this error to come up and they run smooth with no errors just like the other games i tried seems to be just ww2ol

There is a possibility this has something to do with your system itself, if youve swapped drivers,reinstalled BGE and everything- I would try to contact your system manufacturs customer support.

Did I miss reading it somewhere in here... what is the OP's OS?

Win7, even Vista, had/have account security issues when installing games... i.e. if you weren't installing these games with "Administrator Privileges" active... then the games didn't behave properly.

This happened to me on Win7 when I first installed it and thereafter tried to play LotRO... couldn't... I had to activate administrator privileges and then re-install LotRO in order to play it.

Just something else to look at of course...

Best of luck to you OP!

There is a possibility this has something to do with your system itself' date=' if youve swapped drivers,reinstalled BGE and everything- I would try to contact your system manufacturs customer support.[/quote']

I dont think it has anything to do with my pc its self its just poor codeing by the rats from what i can tell and what my geeky friends can tell. the pc runs stable on every benchmarking and stress testin software i have used. It also runs every other game i have tried without any error's or crashes.

dont get me wrong i an't knocking on the rats even they will tell ya there coding sucks atm atleast the honest ones will. take a look at how long the cornflake bug was around for example. i am sure in a few patchs my problem will be fixed untill then i downgraded to my old pc since i still can pull a steady 50-60fps with 2 clients running.

though i can honestly say its the first time i had to downgrade a pc to play any game lol.

Can you load offline? Have you messed around in Nvidia Control Panel to see if anything there helps? I know other people are using the 500 series of Nvidia cards without a problem, so I bet this is something configuration related. Under settings, have you chosen your video card specifically?

Using an MSI GTX 580 here never had any issues with WW2OL or any other games for that matter.

By the way Error code 8 can be caused by so many things.

Either too little power supplie to the GPU from the PSU.

Drivers causing the issue or conflicting. ( google Driver Sweeper )

Or even down to a faulty GPU.

Most common causes are power supply issues not powering the card or driver conflicts.

What PSU did you put in the system ?

Did you do a clean install ?

Did you let windows add the drivers ? If so did you run something like Driver sweeper to remove the windows trashy ( EDIT: Conflicting ) drivers?

Edited by kempi

i use a 750w psu so i know that isnt the issue. as for the card thats a possiblity msi shipped out a bunch of there cards with bad voltage settings.

i use a 750w psu so i know that isnt the issue. as for the card thats a possiblity msi shipped out a bunch of there cards with bad voltage settings.

NOOooo, 750w? NOT for a gtx 580, these are POWER HUNGRY, most systems built with them have a minimum 800w PSU and DUAL card systems have a minimum of 950-1000w!

IF furmark is running stable then it's not your powersupply...

that's going to give you max power draw with your video card...which is similar to looking at the bad trees in game(which will also give max power draw on your video card)

Edited by Vampress

NOOooo' date=' 750w? NOT for a gtx 580, these are POWER HUNGRY, most systems built with them have a minimum 800w PSU and DUAL card systems have a minimum of 950-1000w![/quote']

Wrong mate a crap PSU 750w would be bad. Also the GTX580s use less power than the GTX480's. Just because the card it better does not make it more power hungry.

But when you spend money on good brands 750w is more than enough for a GTX580 I know this because its same as what I am using never had an issue.

Also using MSI GTX580 no problems at all here must of been lucky with the batch I got ;)

Edited by kempi

I would check with MSI mate they have a 3 or 5 year warrenty can not remember what one it comes with off the top of my head. RTM it and get a new one see if the problem is solved.

Did you try the Driver sweeper thing?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0