Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mogas

new build, please review.

10 posts in this topic

i personally prefer gigabyte mobos followed by asus but im sure that asrock will work.

i would add a small 32gb SSD boot drive and then use that 128gb SSD for a games drive. then use your large spin disks for video/music etc.

one other note is if you can wait a few more weeks amd is about to launch their new CPUs which are rumored to blow intel's doors off. w/e though its your money and the stuff you selected will work fine for awhile.

I'm building for games... WW2online in the main game i play, but play alot of flight sims... Il2, lockon, A-10, Blackshark to name a few...also alot of the COD series..

Another ? I've got a large HD atm that i still want to use...Its the one with my OS on it....I plan on putting the new OS on the SSD, can i disable that OS when i build new system?? can i delete that OS without messing up my current files on the HD?? thanks..

one other note is if you can wait a few more weeks amd is about to launch their new CPUs which are rumored to blow intel's doors off. w/e though its your money and the stuff you selected will work fine for awhile.

first adopters take the hard hits...

remember the 1155 M/B recall recently?

AMD might be fastest or it might not be...I've not seen any tests yet. drivers? incompatibilities? hardware issues? you really want be be the FIRST?

Edited by Vampress

first adopters take the hard hits...

remember the 1155 M/B recall recently?

AMD might be fastest or it might not be...I've not seen any tests yet. drivers? incompatibilities? hardware issues? you really want be be the FIRST?

the socket is largely unchanged. the rest of the mobo, that being the southbridge, is also largely unchanged. OEMs first showed off mobo designs in February. hell gigabyte already lists socket am3+ mobos on their site.

this isn't some radically new instruction set its still x86_64 ... which btw yeah amd kinda invented the whole 64bit extensions thing.

the intel recall was a fluke. a fluke amd got to sit back and watch with no harm to their own business.

you can sit back and watch if you like i'll be jumping onboard the bulldozer bandwagon asap.

Thats slighty better than the PC i recently built. Mine absolutely chews this game up with no problems at all. Even running 2 accounts in busy areas.

the socket is largely unchanged. the rest of the mobo, that being the southbridge, is also largely unchanged. OEMs first showed off mobo designs in February. hell gigabyte already lists socket am3+ mobos on their site.

this isn't some radically new instruction set its still x86_64 ... which btw yeah amd kinda invented the whole 64bit extensions thing.

the intel recall was a fluke. a fluke amd got to sit back and watch with no harm to their own business.

you can sit back and watch if you like i'll be jumping onboard the bulldozer bandwagon asap.

I'll be interested in reading your thoughts on that when it happens madreb.

I jumped the 1155 bandwagon from the 965 SLI AMD and haven't yet looked back. I DID have to endure the whole recall thing though. Not fun, but at least they made it hassel free.

I've not heard much on "Bulldozer" yet. Hopefully AMD can really deliver another great product this time. While I've been happy with my AMD systems (various ones since the AMD 486 DX4 100) they've never been able to compete with higher or even med/high end Intel offerings for some time (but still the best bang for the buck platform for the budjet user) - and the main reason I've used them in the past. I can't wait to hear your experience. S!

Edited by beazil

If its mostly gaming then why not go i5? there's almost nothing that uses hyperthreading (certainly not any games I can think of)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0