Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mckee

Authentication failed

65 posts in this topic

I just started playing tonight, did the basic tutorials on the training/event server and connected fine. I come to play on campaign server and the loading bar just keeps stopping at authentication. This then fails and the only option is to close and start again. I have reinstalled once already and the launcher says both servers are up and running, so I'm at a loss for why this isnt working. Nothing has come up from either my firewall or antivirus, so not sure why it isnt connecting properly. Please help, thanks.

I am having the same problem with a trial acct. It lets me enter my password, says it logs in, starts the game but gives me a network error and authentication failed error. I am guessing there is something wrong with the auth server.

Yeah, its really frustrating that I can do all the training missions, access the event server, but that I cant actually play the main game. I've searched these forums for fixes and none of them seem to work.

I am getting the same thing and I have a full account ... I was a trial account but signed up for 6 months .... and cant get in the game. Not good at all and I have uninstalled/reinstalled etc etc .... to no avail. I can get on the training server but not the main server !!!

Does anyone know if there are actual moderators that deal with the help section, or if its just community input only. I'm really disappointed that there seems to be no solution and that I'm arbitrarily unable to play.

Apparently the server hamsters went on strike last night ... So the issue is probably something to do with that.

BLOO and other customer support peeps are no doubt on it already (it's what, 10am in Texas?).

Don't panic, I'm sure it will be fixed soon

Hey Guys,

We had some updates yesterday that took the servers down (6/7/11). However, things should be updated by now. Try again and if it persists please let us know.

Still unable to login myself. I went through all sorts of things to see whats going on. Just had a good friend that introduced me to this game even create his own trial account and tried to logon, same resul, authentication failed in the game screen. We can login and choose between the campaign server and the training server, when we select campaign server it starts loading the game fullscreen, then the loading bar down below gets to about 5-10% red loading and says something about authenticating then it stops and a messagebox pops up with authentication failed.

We are able to log on to the training server, but the campaign server will not authenticate.

I'm still getting the authentication failed error. Ive tryed everything possible to get it to work and it wont work. The game works fine in offline mode and the training server but not the campaign server.

Wow hope they get this fixed that was like 10 new members right on this thread trying to get in the game. Hope this gets fixed so all these new members like me join because if I pay for this I want people to play with. :cool:

Sent my ticket in. its been bout 2 hours and no response on my ticket yet. hope they fix the issue. In my opinion i think it has something to do with launcher it self. hopfuly thy resolve the issue tonight i would so love you play this .

Yeah, I had a ticket put in earlier today, and still no communication from any support staff... Hope it doesn't take another day, it's been doing this to me since last night.

So what then? We all who are just starting get 12 day trials instead? :confused:

I know things like this happen all the time in the world of massive multi-player game coordination, but I have to say it puts a sour taste in my mouth before even stepping into the community. Difficult not to feel a little bit disappointed.

yeah i do say i am disappointed on the support staff it self. The game is great overall the support staff should be pretty quick at answering are tickets. For how many people that do play this the support team should be the best. But hopefuly they fix it soon i dont want to spend another day waiting to get a response.

Yeah, still no reply to my ticket. I'm also put off the game, the longer this take. Personally, I don't know if I want to spend so much money a month if I don't get anything. Its been two days now and no substantial answer, no answer to my ticket and no update regarding the cause of all these problems.

Idk in my opinion its something to do with the client it self. i found these things while looking around in the folders. in the ww2.logs i got this - Fri Jan 02 09:54:18 1970 network election of 2 addresses: 66.28.224.143:180ms. 209.144.109.143:171ms. Winner: 209.144.109.143

Date and time: 6/8/2011 21:45:46

Program compile time: Apr 15 2011 11:13:48

File version: 1, 33, 4, 255

GL Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 4200

Authentication failedExited Program: file: ..\..\src\rn\rnmain.cpp, line: 396

and i looked into the error dmp file and found this -

..|..|src|rn|rnmain.cpp

Authentication_failed

$Id: wwiiClientMessages.cpp 3678 2010-05-18 08:10:04Z osmith@CRS $

This file contains data on the last abnormal application termination that is used to submit crash information automatically to Playnet. Data solely describes the fault and does not contain any system/personal identification.

I have a feeling that its something to with the launcher it self. Idk though thats my guess. hopfuly it gets fixed really really soon.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0