Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mckee

Authentication failed

65 posts in this topic

Well, I suppose it's still early, but I climbed out of bed this morning to find that I still can't connect. Anyone else have any luck?

Would appreciate a little feedback as to what's being one to fix this.

Well guys I am not a trial account but a 6 month account and I have the same problem ...although I was trial account just before all this happened. I have had a ticket submitted since last night about 8pm (UK Time) and have had no reply or response yet.

So for me signing up to a 6 month contract this isnt the best start I have to say. :mad:

Same problem here too, I get a failed authentication and the game closes out, all other servers work.

I'll put in a ticket, thinking about subscribing again, played 6 years ago

Old returning player here checking things out with a trial account. Same problem for me with this trial account I just signed up today. If anyone at CRS wants to reactivate my old account for a day I can try to log in under that.

Edited by frank25sot

Had this Auth error for 2 days, since they took the servers offline to add ram or whatever...returning player and frustrated at downtime. I bought this game off the shelf at Best Buy on the release date (years ago). I have come back 3 times and left 3 times. I have enjoyed the game in each of my play periods which have been years apart and am looking forward to the new graphics update and Americans which is why I am back now, I was promised the Americans in 1999...Not complaining here (too much) but lets get it up so I can decide if I want to stay!

As a returning player I've always supported the paths this game has taken. When I recieved the 10th anniversary email I decided to give it another go. But alas much like that rest of the trail accounts I am unable to connect to the campaign server instead recieiveing the dreaded auntentication failed message. I put a ticket in two days over at support but no response so far. I would certainly hate to waste a 14-day trial :)

Yeah, still no answer to my ticket. This is starting to get daft. It seems a significant number of people cant connect, we all have the self same problem and we're all trial accounts. Haven't even had so much as a 'Sorry, something is FUBAR, we're looking into it' from the support team. Whats the normal waiting time on tickets etc? Does it normally take 2 plus days to even get a basic response, or is this just a really really bad week for the lads in tech support?

[...]

Authentication failedExited Program: file: ..\..\src\rn\rnmain.cpp, line: 396

The same problem here and still unsolved.

Edited by doberm4n

I don't know if this helps but I signed up a trial account on my laptop a couple months ago and didn't have this problem. That was before the update and also, my laptop is too slow to run this game. The new account I just signed up is from my new computer which will run this game. That is, if you allow me a chance to try and run this game. HA!

Looks like the database updates that were made caused a problem.

It's being looked at now. We apologize for the hiccup and hope to get you all back in there and killing each other as quick as we can.

S!

Guys! I tried to make an other account and it works! (CET 19:47)

Make an other trial! Hope it works for you too.

Still no luck logging in.

What's really burning me is the fact that I now only have, what? Like 12 days, maybe 11, to evaluate the product rather than the standard 14?

I only maintain 1 active email address, so I wont be "starting a new account", nor should I have to.

It's funny, I stumbled upon this game while looking for new applications for my new joystick... I got DCS A-10C when I placed the order for my Warthog, and love it, I almost ordered the $150 Pro edition of "Steel Beasts", and THIS game is the one I am most excited about at the moment. This aging, graphically stunted big brother to BF 1942. And yet, it seems to be the one giving the most pushback.

:( All I want to do is hop in a plane and strafe some infantry :( Is that too much to ask?

*EDIT* Fixed while I was posting. Tricky-tricky ;)

Edited by blackthorn

I got in I have to say ... at the moment all looks good. Thank you very much indeed :-)

Albacore, I'm able to log in with each of your accounts - they appear to authenticate ok for me.

Can you please try again?

Still no luck. Tried about 10 times over the last half hour and still getting the authentication failed error.

Thanks. It is probably a connection issue.

Please make sure that the following ports are open for the game:

TCP: 27015 through 27021

UDP: 27015 through 27021

Your security software/router/firewall might be blocking access.

If you're on a wireless connection, please try a wired one.

Still can't log in as well. Can access the training server but not main server. Tried opening those ports but still no luck.

Edit: On a wired connection.

Yeah I just made sure everything was opened up and still no luck. Though I'm a bit confused when you say each of my accounts as I only have this single one. Account name is diffrent from game name right? Or am I not understanding that correctly.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0