Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soloje

Typical equipment Of a german division/battalion

28 posts in this topic

I 'm looking for informations about the equiment of typical infanterie, motorised infanterie, or panzer division / battalion/regiment during 1940 battle of France

in terms of material like rifle squad, MG, HMG, mortar etc ...

if someone could help me ?

thanks

Wow, this brings back fond memories, of boards overflowing with discussions of the mantlet width of the char bis1, with people showing diagrams, cut throughs, and even going to museums with tape measures to document.

Its.....beautiful..... I...can't.....look......away...

Should have brought... a poet...

Thanks a lot for this links, very interessing.

but perhaps I have missed the good file but I don't find the information about TOE of infanterie Battalion like

number on men, rifle, LMG HMG mortar ...

Thanks a lot for this links, very interessing.

but perhaps I have missed the good file but I don't find the information about TOE of infanterie Battalion like

number on men, rifle, LMG HMG mortar ...

Panzer Divisions

http://www.cgsc.edu/CARL/nafziger/940GEAG.PDF

Each Panzer Division is done in detail in their own PDF.

Motorized Infantry Divisions

http://www.cgsc.edu/CARL/nafziger/940GEAF.PDF

Infantry Divisions, with proper differences between waves-

http://www.cgsc.edu/CARL/nafziger/940GEAC.PDF

Machine Gun Battalions

http://www.cgsc.edu/CARL/nafziger/940GXMH.pdf

By now you should note most anything you want has the prefix 940GE in front of it.

So what is this project?

I'm going to make a scenario on the wargame TOAW III about Battle of France with large scale as this with the game is poor. something nearer to HPS game, with more detailed units.

Long work ...., I'm just doing the map for today.

Thanks for the new link.

I have a great reference book for the Wehrmacht, but it's mostly about how it was organized in the latter stages of the war. It does have, however, the composition of the early war infantry division, with some info about the regiments, and how many weapons of each type they contained, which is part of what you're looking for:

P1010860.jpg

P1010865.jpg*

*Note - Reference the line for "Old type" as this was the structure during the BOF.

P1010866.jpg

P1010864.jpg

Sorry if the quality isn't great, had to take photos of the pages since I don't have a scanner. If you decide to do stuff from '44 onwards, there are pages and pages of information about every little part of the Wehrmacht down to the battalion level. The book referenced is U.S. Handbook on Germany Military Forces, published by the U.S. War Department right at the end of the war.

Edited by oo6oo7

You can get that one online as well.

That is certainly easier to look at from a presentation perspective, but I would still go with the good doctor's orbats as that involves decades of historical research and what was really happening, not so much the theoretical ToE.

Wow!

Theres some very valuable English Civil War information collected there too....

Wow!

Theres some very valuable English Civil War information collected there too....

All I gotta say is Rupert needs his cav butt kicked.

Oh, and if you need help with the abbreviations for the tables I posted let me know. Some of them are obvious, but some aren't. H-Dr vehicles, for instance, means horse-drawn. Hs are horses. Thought I'd just point that out since most folks don't know that German infantry divisions at the time weren't nearly as mechanized as popular history makes them out to be. Much of their transportation was done with true horse power!

All I gotta say is Rupert needs his cav butt kicked.

Indeed....so succesfull yet ultimately so much fail for the Royalist Infantry :(

Oh' date=' and if you need help with the abbreviations for the tables I posted let me know. Some of them are obvious, but some aren't. H-Dr vehicles, for instance, means horse-drawn. Hs are horses. Thought I'd just point that out since most folks don't know that German infantry divisions at the time weren't nearly as mechanized as popular history makes them out to be. Much of their transportation was done with true horse power![/quote']

I was thinking the same thing for people that start preaching about how fast the Wehrmacht moved through France....or Russia...well ermm....some did, others [more others] didnt!!!!!

spent 3yrs in vietnam era army we were never at table strength. always shorthanded and the closer u got to harms way the more short handed u got. the same goes for supplies, being short of water and food was common for infantry and occasional for artillery at fire bases. this was a rich country's army. to and e is always an approximation especially for german divisions after 1942.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0