Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dzy123

Low-FPS with new hardware

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I stoped playing the game 4 month ago because of massive hardware problems, but now I wanted to play again with my new quadcore I got yesterday.

I tested it with a free trial but I just have about 30fps in free field and in citys with players about 15-20fps.

I got about 40fps with my old system, I saved the config's so I have the same graphic settings like on my old system (everything is set to low/off).

I want to play it again but not with so much fps laggs.

Anyone can help me?

My hardware:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

8GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 275

Windows 7 64bit

Hmmm.. does not compute - you should be doing just fine with that setup. Even though it's only 2.4Ghz, your cpu should easily handle this game. A 275 isn't exactly cutting edge, but it isn't archaeic either. I run the game on a similar dual core 3.0 AMD system at my stepdad's place, and get ~80 fps, so something is wrong I think. I assume all of your hardware drivers are up to date, etc?

Edit: Although you should check where you are in terms of reccomended specs - I think your cpu power is just a bit "under spec", but not by much.

Hmmm.. does not compute - you should be doing just fine with that setup. Even though it's only 2.4Ghz, your cpu should easily handle this game. A 275 isn't exactly cutting edge, but it isn't archaeic either. I run the game on a similar dual core 3.0 AMD system at my stepdad's place, and get ~80 fps, so something is wrong I think. I assume all of your hardware drivers are up to date, etc?

Edit: Although you should check where you are in terms of reccomended specs - I think your cpu power is just a bit "under spec", but not by much.

All drivers up to date, I installed the game multiple times and reinstalled

Win7, too. But no changes..

Hey guys,

I stoped playing the game 4 month ago because of massive hardware problems, but now I wanted to play again with my new quadcore I got yesterday.

I tested it with a free trial but I just have about 30fps in free field and in citys with players about 15-20fps.

I got about 40fps with my old system, I saved the config's so I have the same graphic settings like on my old system (everything is set to low/off).

I want to play it again but not with so much fps laggs.

Anyone can help me?

My hardware:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

8GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 275

Windows 7 64bit

Almost identical specs to me (slightly slower CPU) and you get roughly the same performance. Honestly it's what a Core 2 processor will do with this game.

Btw, best way to measure performance is to run /bencheemagen and /benchinfantry and /benchvehicles in offline mode.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Almost identical specs to me (slightly slower CPU) and you get roughly the same performance. Honestly it's what a Core 2 processor will do with this game.

Btw, best way to measure performance is to run /bencheemagen and /benchinfantry and /benchvehicles in offline mode.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I did the bench test with WinXP (32bit) and Win7 (64bit), same drivers etc. both systems are fresh installed.

WinXP: (very consistent)

50FPS

+INF: 35

+VEH: 20

Win7:

37-43

+INF 30

+VEH 17

But much more unstable.

Tried to play online with WinXP now and it's much much more stable and less laggy..

With Win7 the fps drops a lot at WinXP not.

I dont want to use XP because I dont need it all my programms/games.. are on Win7.

Any suggestions?

I did the bench test with WinXP (32bit) and Win7 (64bit), same drivers etc. both systems are fresh installed.

WinXP: (very consistent)

50FPS

+INF: 35

+VEH: 20

Win7:

37-43

+INF 30

+VEH 17

But much more unstable.

Tried to play online with WinXP now and it's much much more stable and less laggy..

With Win7 the fps drops a lot at WinXP not.

I dont want to use XP because I dont need it all my programms/games.. are on Win7.

Any suggestions?

wierd, I never got anywhere close to a consistent 35fps on the inf bench in WinXP x64. Oh well...lol. But, therein may be part of your issue. This is a 32-bit program, meaning it runs in an emulator in a Windows 64 bit environment (WOW64). It is entirely possible that that one feature is causing the performance difference.

Not sure about the consistency issue, as those benchmarks are very consistent on my machine.

Also, you generally won't be using the exact same drivers between a 32-bit and a 64-bit OS nor between windows XP and Win7. If you are then most of them will be out of date or incorrect for optimal performance on the Windows 7 set up

Also' date=' you generally won't be using the exact same drivers between a 32-bit and a 64-bit OS nor between windows XP and Win7. If you are then most of them will be out of date or incorrect for optimal performance on the Windows 7 set up[/quote']

I meant same version of the driver, sure I used win7 drivers for 7 and winXP drivers for XP.

I think ill try it on Win7 32bit in a few weeks.. we'll see..

I let it be for the moment.

Thx for the help guys ;)

I meant same version of the driver, sure I used win7 drivers for 7 and winXP drivers for XP.

I think ill try it on Win7 32bit in a few weeks.. we'll see..

I let it be for the moment.

Thx for the help guys ;)

Let us know how it goes.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0