• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blackzorro

Please help me not get shot so much.

14 posts in this topic

I am new and I get shot a lot.

Log in, walk out of barracks, shot. Run across a street shot. Trying to creep through a building, shot. Attempting to cross the field and shot.

What on earth and I doing wrong? Why am I not able to see the flashes or any indication of where these EI are located?

Any tips?

You're going up against some people that have played the game 10 years. We know the ins and outs of every town, every treeline, and every field.

My advice to you would be to seriously consider joining up with a squad and listening to what knowledge they have to impart on you.

On spotting infantry, practice makes perfect. Soon enough you'll be able to spot the enemy in bushes and buildings pretty easily.

I think the big problem for new players is, that the firing distance in this game is far higher, than in the usual shoebox shooter. (Inf = 1000m, Veh about 3000?m, Destroyer 5000m)

So the enemy can kill you from a distant and hidden position.

Getting killed and didnt hear the shot, you might got shot by a good rifleman or sniper at high distance ( you are faster dead, than sound can reach you)

Enemy is often not more than a pixel on your screen.

Well, when you get to around that rank 4, it might become a little easier, because then you can become the guy with that LMG in the bell tower shooting guys that run out in the open, like you :P No offense. We have all been there more or less.

Well my hints for you :

* listen (do you hear shots nearby and from what direction, so dont go that way )

* use your map (sometimes ei is marked)

* dont run in a straight line (go zig zag)

* if you have got shot and u still need to cross the street, us smoke grenades (if you have em)

* and what the above posters have said.. join a squad.. they can learn you a lot and hopefully you will get shot less... because we all still die a lot in this game ;)

Good luck and have fun!

^^ Well if you setup with an LMG in the church tower, don't expect to last very long :D

Patience and position is really the key - forget everything you've learned in other games, charging at the enemy will just get you killed over and over again. The best way to not be killed (and to kill a lot) is to not be seen.

In this game as in real life, the person who sees the enemy first is most likely to kill the other, regardless of your or their skill/experience.

Look at the map and see if the marks give you an idea of where the enemy is coming from. Take your time and try to move to a position to the side (flank) of where they are coming in. Let them run past your position if necessary so you can shoot them in the back :D If at all possible you want to avoid shooting at the enemy in a position where he can immediately fire back if you miss on your first shot.

Be patient, once you spot an enemy, follow them with your sights and wait for an easy shot - people stop very often when moving from cover to cover in order to regain stamina and check their maps. Needless to say, a stationary target is much easier to hit than a moving one!

Having said all that though, if a town is really busy and has enemies all over then all bets are off - you're probably going to die a lot, but keep trying and get to a good position where you can cover an approach and do some killing of your own ;)

hope this helps!

I think the big problem for new players is, that the firing distance in this game is far higher, than in the usual shoebox shooter. (Inf = 1000m, Veh about 3000?m, Destroyer 5000m)

So the enemy can kill you from a distant and hidden position.

Getting killed and didnt hear the shot, you might got shot by a good rifleman or sniper at high distance ( you are faster dead, than sound can reach you)

Enemy is often not more than a pixel on your screen.

this

and you can learn over time to limit your exposure to the range of your weapon which is key to inf survival, you have a shovel to dig foxhole and this helps alot, study if you can how/where vets place these also when aiming out a window you must learn to limit your exposure to your weapons range, if someone out ranges you and has you in view your dead.

most important is to play by pure instinct which only can be learned usually the hard way by dying excessively and not getting furstrated about it, try to learn from each death. your instincts will tune in if your open minded to dying. like said if you didnt hear the shot, on your next spawn, don't back to that same area thats being sniped. if you did hear the shot, you might be able to get revenge.

lastly don't under estimate the rifleman. rifleman w/ alot of practice is pure beast and stealthy, you will kill MG and SMG faceoffs when you get good, but with rifleman the key is to camp, hold the line and maintain your distance until you get good at firing from hip

A few tips ......

1. Joining a squad will help you learn the game faster

2. Look for and group with other infantry. Follow and watch what other infantry do. Go together

3. Watch your mini map both to group with other infantry and to determine where the enemy is being seen via the marks.

4. Defending will be a lot easier than attacking for the infantry player until you know how to spot enemy infantry. Position yourself on the flank of a likely enemy ingress and watch. Or, defend a facility .... if that town is being attacked, the enemy will come to you.

5. This game is all about sound. Soon you will be instantly recognizing the difference in rifle sounds. You will hear a shot and have a good idea where an enemy infantry is. Flank that position.

6. If on the attack, instead of trying to get into town, defend a FRU by moving into cover on the flank of a FRU and watching. Invariably enemy infantry will be trying to get out of town and setup a defensive perimeter. Your job is to watch for them and keep them away from the FRU. You can also run perimeter patrol, again, looking for enemy trying to get out of town and setup defensive FRU's.

7. When watching from cover, learn to use the head swivel so your body is not moving while in cover. You will be harder to detect.

8. Generally the infantry game is more about detection rather than who is the best or fastest shot. Learn to spot and detect first. Learn to anticipate where the enemy will be or be coming from.

Intially .... position, watch, and listen more ..... run and shoot less.

Log in, walk out of barracks, shot. Run across a street shot. Trying to creep through a building, shot. Attempting to cross the field and shot.

What on earth and I doing wrong? Why am I not able to see the flashes or any indication of where these EI are located?

Any tips?

Hehehe Sounds like me and I am a day 1 player. I just run like mad and hope I make it to a building. Once in the building I usually get killed there too, but hey I'm up for the task.

Good luck, join a squad, and learn the wisdom they have. Personally I'm a flyboy with the Luftwaffe's premier 109 only squad.

>S<

Any tips?

Keep trying is my number one tip. Witch part of the world are you from and do you play allied or axis? If you play allied and live in a timezone that is not to out of sync to mine i would be happy to show you around. Maybe even get you and TS and we could use a few hours running around trying not to die.

Any tips?

I'd advise you to play Axis and join the Kriegsmarines.

I would recommend being less aggressive. Focus solely on survival and the kills will work in your favour eventually. Always look before running across the street, when you enter a building check the corners, so you're not surprised...

If you're out in the field, hide in the bushes, and use your binoculars to look ahead. They save lives.

Your survivability depends on battlefield awareness on the first months dont head straight to enemy is, instead keep proning and looking in all directions for any enemy movement when you see an enemy flank him from his left/right or rear.

-Keep running always on bushlines avoid being in the total open plains.

-Run to one location which can hid you from enemy rest, check all directions move again.

-Approach has much has you can to the enemy in order to get 1 kill with 1 shot or fire from a medium long range to an enemy unaware of your location or with bad view of you then relocated to another position with view over the place where you killed him and where you shot from the last time.

Every time you die ask yourself what could you done to avoid being killed then learn from your mistakes or avoid making them.

I have been in the game 10 years, primarily infantry, and I get killed a lot still with no notches on my gun for the mission.

The game realism itself forces you to a smaller field of view when aiming which distracts you from the changing environment around you. That makes you more vulnerable to enemy.

I tend to concentrate on my kills versus how many kills they have on me. That said, to lower the number of frustrating events where they kill me....I

1. check Map immediately after spawning to see enemy marks, except

2. when I spawn from mobile spawn, I immediately hit "L" to lay down, If I hear enemy fire close, I engage, if not I run to cover away from the FRU,

3. I use the binocs a lot so I can see movement and mark the "Ant Trails" of the enemy infantry. That's the best way to get people over with you...that lowers your probability of getting killed.

4. Shoot and Scoot. After you have fired...they know where you are...if you stay there long....you will die sooner.

Coastal

Blitzkader

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0