Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
badger77

Gtx 570 v 580

11 posts in this topic

Anyone tried them at all.

I don't play many games anymore and this one is key of course.

Anyone running a 570 or 580 and any good ?

Running a gtx260 oc and to be fair it's actually pretty good. I see the GTX 570 doesn't have that much more texture fill rate than the 260GTX even though it is a way better card.

The 580 does though batter the GTX 260 on pixel and texture fill.

Also getting a OCZ vertex 3 into the mix as very bored of boot up times etc and after seeing a good SSD decided on putting a decent sized one into my rig.

fill rate is pretty much a dead statistic. every modern card has more than enough fill rate for 1920x1080 resolutions. the 570 has over twice the processing power (cuda cores), more memory bandwidth, and more memory.

its really a no brainer however its not going to net you unbelievable frame rates in game except in scenes that contain a bunch of trees. you still need a juggernaut CPU to get awesome average FPS in any given ww2ol scene.

Yes I was thining that. The GTX260 with my I7 seems to tick along nicely.

Not going to upgrade CPU just yet which normally gains direct gains.

I'm just getting a fair bit of kit in for work so SSD's and cards are there for use :)

Edited by badger77

From the NV 560's on they dominate and absolutely destroy the 260's...I think even the 550 is faster then stock 260(barely)

if your trees FPS is low in game with the 260...then upgrade

on NV cards they have some double the memory models...worth it possibly if might want to do a SLI config later on. The hyper SLI resolutions >2560x1600 need the extra memory

Edited by Vampress

I went from sli'd 275's to sli'd 470's. Since SLI does nothing in bge, (I use them mostly for the triple resolutions and sli support for other games) it IS worth noting that I experienced a very large boost in stable framerates - although I would consult Madrebel's thread below for methods of maximizing your nvidia performance in game regardless.

With WW2OL I have found that any high end GTX card will get good FPS but the bottle neck seems to be CPU.

I am running a GTX580 at the moment and it runs ww2ol fine but I got more of an FPS boost from switching CPU to a faster core speed then changing from a GTX460 to GTX580.

Hope this helps.

As for other games yes the GTX580 made a huge improvement.

Yes thanks guys.

I went through this a while ago when 1.30 hit and we tested a lot.

My and our conclusion was that any decent card will result about the same (Except binocs on trees) when busy.

A CPU upgrade will give you a correlated increase. So you get a 20% faster I7 then you get 20% more frame rates. I tested it.

I think we are at a point where the cards aren't going to give huge boosts.

My OC GTX 260 got me around 26 - 35 in every town battle and gave 100 - 200 out in the fields.

I ended up going with the 570 as I don't play many other games.

Just did my first spawn and vbery underwhelming. 30 FPS in AB of a smallish town with a bit going on

Also have SSD running which I know doesn't make any real difference once loaded up.

Will go through madrels guide also as he makes some very good points.

Prob got some crazy settings going on from default.

OK - After changing the settings based upon madrels 460 settings in NCP which I thought may make things worse, it didnt

Same AB 40 - 60 FPS so very good.

Early impressions good and a step up form the 260 I was on :)

I have a 5750 and I get ~40-45 when it gets busy. Haven't noticed any problems with the game. I5 2600k is mildly overclocked to 3.7Ghz.

I'm glad you guys posted this info. I was thinking of an upgrade but I'll wait. The 560 was all I was looking at.

Should add that I'm still using a smallish 19" monitor.

Edited by Sudden

I have a 5750 and I get ~40-45 when it gets busy. Haven't noticed any problems with the game. I5 2600k is mildly overclocked to 3.7Ghz.

I'm glad you guys posted this info. I was thinking of an upgrade but I'll wait. The 560 was all I was looking at.

Should add that I'm still using a smallish 19" monitor.

Well the 5750 is probably a little worse than my overclocked 260GTX and I saw a good improvement. Saying that at a lower res on a 19 inch monitor guess you don't need that much.

Probably ok for a bit if your getting good framerates when very busy.

At 1900 res with about everything on I would dip into low 20's with the GTX when super busy but get 100 - 200 at an empty FB.

Thsi card does feel way way better - Can't wait to try out on some other games.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0