Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

New Macs / Lion today

18 posts in this topic

Although the new Mini is tempting, it only has 256MB of video memory which is insufficient for the game. Make sure whatever you get it's 512MB.

Agreed that the new Mini wouldn't hold a candle to some of the other Macs, but I have a Mac mini (the generation prior to the new one) with only 256Mb of video RAM and it works adequately for me regardless of whether I'm infantry, ATG, in a tank, or especially flying through the air. I imagine the newest Mini would have better FPS than mine. Of course, I don't know exactly what's coming in the next update...

I've yet to try it on my Newish MBP with Lion. My desktop is ancient that still works on the game, its being reformatted for Lion on Thursday. I'll do some benchmarks on the game before and after and report back!

-Thrance

I've been running Lion for a couple of weeks or whenever it was released.

Doesn't seem to affect the game in anyway...except perhaps for flap % with the 109's I fly.

They don't seem to increment as the did before in the cfml file though I have changed nothing.

I did notice that my number keys across the top of my keyboard do not all respond as they did...meaning they don't give me the complete selection of items when I am infantry.

I haven't key mapped any changes, but will to make this work.

My scroll wheel does allow me to go through everything.

regards

Make sure nothing changed in the Mac system preferences. Sometimes Apple decides you need a little change in your life.

Well I tried to use some of the keyboard pref's to allow me to set the number keys in the game independently/specifically.

I also tried setting the keys with key mapper.

Best I could get was 1-4 giving me weapons and 9 and 0 giving me binocs and fru set up.

The number keys do not give the same order of access as my scroll wheel, no matter how I tried to use the key mapper.

Funny stuff....

Haven't tried to figure out the flaps thing yet.

iMac

27inch

1 gb vid ram

8 gb ram

i7 processor

Lion OS

basic full size keyboard with key pad on right side.

I use the number keys up top on keyboard because they are handy.

Bizarro. Nothing like that on my iMac at work or Pro at home. What about renaming the cfml folder in ww2ol in Library and trying it once with all defaults? Maybe something is wonky in your setup.

hmmm mb...but it is working well otherwise. don't have a lot of time to fiddle.

However, I am putting in 16 Gb of Ram in my mid 2010 iMac.

that won't solve that mystery but i think it might give me a better game experience.

Ram is surprisingly cheap now.

I can remember paying $500 in 1992 for 2 mb (I think was mega) for my old digital laptop running windows 3.1.

the 16 gb is only going to cost me $ 140 or so.

LOL

More ram won't make anything faster in the game. It uses about 1.3GB (occasionally some OS caching pushes it us a bit) at most. If it used more than 1.7 the Windows client dies (which it used to do all the time until I shaved 400MB out of the runtime memory usage).

Will I be able to run full features instead of holding back on the visuals?

If not...well I guess it will help with my video rendering :-) in other projects.

You had enough ram and more than enough cpu, only the video card then determines what you can run. My iMac at the office runs everything turned on just fine. It has a 5750 with 1GB with a core i5 with 8GB ram.

Too late...installing it all :)

Here's a question though....

How can I get that damned Safari browser to not open up my last web page visited when I open the app.

I have looked high and low in the prefs all over the place.

?????? help.

It's weird I can't find it....it must be right under my nose somehow.

suggestions?

still need some feedback on this wulf

no idea on how to set these pref's so I don't have to view "comeback pages" all the time.

best

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0