• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rhime

Thrustmaster TFlight Hotas X has stopped working...

6 posts in this topic

Well, bought this yesterday, plugged in the usb, programmed everything I needed to fly fighters and off I went. For several hours I flew first offline(for testing) and then online. Logged off for the night.

Today I log in and whoa, the stick seems to have stopped working. Nothing on it works ingame. All settings are still there in the keymapper etc, but it won't work. Redetected controllers..nothing.

I also have a Logitech Wingman Rumblepad that I have been using for years to fly/operate machinery plugged in as well. I unplugged that as I suspected maybe a conflict, but it didn't help.

Yesterday, the game recognized both controllers as Logitech(joystick 1) and Thrustmaster(joystick 2).

Today, the game seems to think the Thrustmaster is joystick 1, but yet all the settings are still set for stick 2. When I try to reset pitch,roll,yaw & throttle it sets it as joystick 1.

I updated the drivers for the stick this morning, but that hasn't helped either.

I'm thinking it has to be an ingame detection issue?

Anyone with help ideas on this?

I'd like to get back to the war with this new stick as it was a huge improvement over using my old gamepad.

Thanks for reading.

S! Rhime-23rd Armored

make sure the stick you are trying to use with BE is set as device 1 in control panel. The game seems to have issues if it's set to anything else.

Can you elaborate that please? I have the stick set to "preferred device with older programs".

I'm using Windows 7 btw...

Well, after trying a lot of things, I'm stuck as to what to do next. The forums have a few thoughts on different(but similiar issues), but nothing I can really use.

Since the stick is working in Windows, Im going to say it's game related, but no sense calling Thrustmaster CS as they'll just tell me it's game related..:)

Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Rhime

Well, after trying a lot of things, I'm stuck as to what to do next. The forums have a few thoughts on different(but similiar issues), but nothing I can really use.

Since the stick is working in Windows, Im going to say it's game related, but no sense calling Thrustmaster CS as they'll just tell me it's game related..:)

Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Rhime

gonna do some digging on game controller settings with Win7. I've jsut upgraded in teh last month from WinXP so I'm still learning where everything is. Hopefully one of our forumites stops in and can give you some assistance in teh mean time.

I discovered the Logitech monster doesn't want to play nice with anyone else.

Unplugging the Wingman controller, resetting all the controls to default(effectively making the Thrustmaster joystick #1) fixed the issue. Now I just have to plug in the Logitech again, make that joystick 2 and see what happens...:)

Thanks for your help Hick!

S!

Rhime

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0