Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
larsalot

Whats the point for a large squad.....

14 posts in this topic

...to stay "affiliated" with HC and have their officers in HC in the same BG ?

We dont have any penalties for jumping around anyway, noone know when/if it ever comes.

The squad officers in HC are bound to stay in that brigade mostly and when final BG locking comes, forever if they want to stay in the HC. That does not compute with making it fun for the squadies.

If our brigade is empty, most equipment is spend and/or that part of the front is quiet and/or just not part of current orders. We dont want to be forced to stay there, yet in the end afaik, we will have to if the squads officers are in HC as part of said BG.

The only advantage I see atm is when ToE comes, it can be nice to be able to make sure your squadies got some equipment on big squadnights, though even this is not certain, as someone higher up than the squad officers in HC may decide to give all the goodies to another BG....

Also the heavy workload when online as HC now, makes it almost impossible to have fun with your squadies. Im only BG CO, but often end up as 6th Armee OiC when just logging in for some quick fun with the boys. I can hardly spawn in anywhere, as I have to stay on the map and take care we dont get any BGs routed.

Im looking for a good reason to stay "affiliated" with our HC ?

S!

well my squad has 250 members..... and they are all pretty active.... we had over 50 on tojnight..... tell me thats not an advantage? not to mention we are VERY organized.... at any given time i can ask ffor 10 pilots.... 10 dd captains.... 10 tanker... or 10 sappers and we got it to give.... the advantages are numbers my friend.... more numbers more damage you do. Plain and simple. And like you said when TOE's come out it will really be nice.

Revi out

That was what I was starting to wonder about szy.... you might be right. It is also nice to have the .axis to boost your attacks if needed :)

and yes Revi, KGW can also field a lot of numbers, we had 60+ online on squadnight tonight. But thats because we are an active squad, not becuase of anything in relation to HC. We would still have those numbers as unaffiliated, just with more freedom to go around the map and Im sure we would still get the AOs and .axis we need.

But actually tonight fx. we were used as a squad more than a KG and were asked to kill the french middle pocket, which we did together with OL and CSPB, using another Div than our normal home. So if that is ok to do, there might not be an issue yet.... I guess we better wait and see how restricted it is going to get as HC officer with full deployment.

S!

I have thought these same issues very much lately too.

As HC officer and squad CO I made my decision today - I retired after being 3 years in HC.

We still can work with squad together and be effective, be as a team.

Only difference is I dont have to jump around when call comes. We can finish what we started as squad, as team.

From the lack of CRS response to this thread, even in the squad commanders forum, I guess this is not a worry for CRS.

Do they really want the big squads (who have the real power over the men) and the understaffed HCs, to be 2 seperate entities ? that would not be good for HC effeciency.

Im getting tired of some HC officers making our squadnights a mess, bc they think they know how the system works and make decisions for us....

S!

All this is going away. There will be rewards for sticking with a particular Brigade. There will no longer be "HC Affilliated" and "not HC Affilliated".

Squads are social groups. Groups of players who like to play together. The HC units are your portals into the world. The strategical pawns that are moved around the map as your spawning locations. When you spawn into the game world, you are affilliated with that unit. You can read that units orders, see the missions, use its supply, communicate on its Brigade channel. You are a member of that unit.

Squads and the HC will always remain seperate because they serve a different purpose. We have plans to allow squads to "assign" their squad to a unit to help build pride in the unit and help them become known as a member / recruit for their squad or unit.

cc Bable and thx for reply. Nothing new though, other rats have said the same thing before.

One problem with the "social group" pov is that squads are not only social groups that like to get drunk on TS together and talk about last weekend, we are also highly organized tactical units and certainly gives our players the most out of the game they pay for, than any HC officer can do, and imho a good thing for CRS to do, would be to integrate the squadleaders more into the HC system, without forcing us to become HC officers. Squad COs have a squad to run,

HC Officer have to be hardworking ingame now, they have an AO to watch and many ppl to take care off, most they dont even know. Sometimes this dont mingle very well and squad COs will always choose their squad when any conflicts surface.

All squad leaders basicly sign a thing they already know they wont do, when they agree to become HC officers, the point about placing the HC above all else. No serious squad CO would do that. Another paradox.

and it's still a problem that any 15 yo n00b can enter the HC and pass OCS, given they have enough patience. Squads of 100+ ppl with an average age of 30-35 wont be commanded by teenagers with a liking for fancy uniforms and 2 months of experience in the game system.

CRS should accept squads for what it is, the basic unit of the game.

KILLER's idea about making (big) squads their own Brigades in the HC system sounded much better than the old imho outdated view on squads as a social grouping only.

S!

JG52 has been around for two years and has never been HC affiliated and never will. we do have an extremely high ranking HC officer in the squad.. but he knows to leave it off of TS and out of our forums because none of us want any part of it. When he's with us he's knows he's just another joe.

we have our own agenda, and that is to ensure that WE have fun as a squad regardless of who wins.

i just hope that there is never a time where not being HC affiliated is a negative thing in the game world. i don't want to bother with politics or any other nonsense that comes with being attached to a brigade or HC unit... i just want to go where the action is and have fun with my squadmates. end of story.

Two squads with two totally different points of view on the HC system and being apart of the HC system. This is why squads can never be considered an HC unit or a "supply point" on the map like HQs are right now.

One squad is a small dedicated air squad.

The other is the biggest Euro combined arms (mostly ground) squad.

Not fair to compare our views on HC, when the squads are like apples and oranges imho.....

S!

There will be rewards for sticking with a particular Brigade.

How's this going to work for the air squads? We always used to play in GC21 I/1, but with brigades this has become impossible. Unlike ground brigades with generally will have supply and be somewhere along the front lines, air brigades are all over the map, often with no supply at all.

One squad is a small dedicated air squad.

The other is the biggest Euro combined arms (mostly ground) squad.

Not fair to compare our views on HC, when the squads are like apples and oranges imho.....

S!

Yes but they are BOTH squads. Squads the considered social groups, the affectiveness, size, fun, flare, uniqueness etc is all up to those that are apart of it.

How's this going to work for the air squads? We always used to play in GC21 I/1' date=' but with brigades this has become impossible. Unlike ground brigades with generally will have supply and be somewhere along the front lines, air brigades are all over the map, often with no supply at all.[/quote']

It's still down a road a little ways but my thoughts on this initially is to expect more units per HQ then we see now. There won't be planes at every AF, only the ones with the particular HQs in them.

Most of this stuff still has some ironing out. As it is, this would not work for the ground game either becuase not all HQ3s have an AO next to them and people spawning in 24/7.

Thank you for brining it up though, that is a hurtle that must not be forgotten.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0