• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
linez

How was this game playable in the beginning?

12 posts in this topic

I see u need a pretty high end pc to be able to get some nice fps (i only get around 25/30 max)

So how they did it back then?.. i mean their where only 32 mb cards out their the time this game was released!

I see u need a pretty high end pc to be able to get some nice fps (i only get around 25/30 max)

So how they did it back then?.. i mean their where only 32 mb cards out their the time this game was released!

it may not look like great graphics now but compared to 'back then' the game world has a ton more detail than it used to. (trying to find the image showing old vs new, lil help anyone?).

also the game has always relied heavily on the CPU. it hasn't been until recently that GPUs have an obscene power advantage over CPUs. I would argue about the time dual core showed up is about when GPU power took off.

multicore CPUs technically still have a great deal of processing potential but multi-threading isn't a straight forward affair, especially not in rasterization (3d engines are all raster engines).

in the not too distance future if/when ray-tracing takes over or becomes a solid competitor to raster engines you'll see CPUs scale almost linearly. however, GPUs still do ray-tracing better than CPUs.

Edited by madrebel

graphics aren't actually very much better...alot of the stuff still actually looks the same

It's just that now they have TREES in the game(and weather) that suck up computer horsepower...and I suppose more textures that did in the 32mb video cards

btw..the game looked alot better back then then it does now. with wonderfull clear, bright days and blue skys....as opposed to the dull drab world we have now.

you used to be able to see for miles and miles in the game...it was amazing. now it's just bleh...

Edited by Vampress

graphics aren't actually very much better...alot of the stuff still actually looks the same

It's just that now they have TREES in the game(and weather) that suck up computer horsepower...

btw..the game looked alot better back then then it does now. with wonderfull clear, bright days and blue skys....as opposed to the dull drab world we have now.

You're... special.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

You're... special.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

why does your tapatalk always post in the forums?

posted using my YE-3500 crapatalk

why does your tapatalk always post in the forums?

i wondered that myself.

wasnt the view distance back then like 7miles?

Beats me why it chuggs a bit now ... The game-world is almost identical ... For example, in game today this scene is almost exactly the same:

Alpha Test, I believe

(won't embed)

thats not actually what the retail game looked like when it first came out btw...I never saw a world as spare as that and I have played since the first month the game went live.

well basically its ONLY the objects added to the game that is different...they have NEVER actually changed the terrain in the game as far as I can tell its stilll based on the same 10 years old stuff

MANY MORE TREES, a few more different buildings, some more detailed textures for some stuff....

BUT...they HAZED up the game world with weather and other visual effects that makes it look BLEH now...which cuts down on viewing ranges.

originally the game world was very CLEAR and BRIGHT and u could see very far...

Edited by Vampress

Would rather get more FPS + have no lightning...

Me to verdana....

I mean this game aint about visuals and the trees wont make it any better.

U have to know i just bought myself a new rig for this game lol

deliver time 2 weeks ....

Till then i have to keep playing with 25 fps :S:S:S

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0