Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Love the Gewehr 43, hate the M1 Garand

pergrebu

g43 has way to much dispersion as well, cant line up an enemy and take a single shot even between 100-200 meters. its way off.

g43 has way to much dispersion as well' date=' cant line up an enemy and take a single shot even between 100-200 meters. its way off.[/quote']

what?

what?

yeah, line up a shot at 100 to 200 meters, the g43 shots off at a random angle. its not like shooting high and to the right or any nonsense, it just has a huge dispersion.

go try it, hell ill come in and you can shoot at me if ya like.

yeah, line up a shot at 100 to 200 meters, the g43 shots off at a random angle. its not like shooting high and to the right or any nonsense, it just has a huge dispersion.

go try it, hell ill come in and you can shoot at me if ya like.

i didnt notice anything when i palyed.

especially not at 200meter.

M1 sights need to be sorted. G43 is a dream to shoot, realistically maybe there could be less sway on all the rifles but I think that a bit of x factor probably improves the game tbh.

Tested both the GW43 and the M1

M1 has really bad sights and also noticed it lacked a little stopping power.

GW43 kicked a$$ .. really nice sights and alot better stopping power over the M1.

I agree with Mons on this that leading with the M1 is really difficult .. hope it gets fixed.

As for dispersion the GW43 wins hands down over the M1 ... the really bad kick in the M1 plus its below average sights really make it a poorer choice against the GW43

checked both offline mode.

gewer has a higher dispersion, but the m1 isnt much better, m1 also seems to be shooting a tad low comparitively,

also that back circle on the m1 is just plain wrong, should be MUCH thinner.

and the sway for both while prone is absolutly lame. i cant even dial in close when my breath is held before its swaying up and down again. and just watching yer hands while prone is funny as you sway so much.

dunno, almost think dispersion is the same for both guns, based on more testing, and both are wonky.

M1 definatly worse though, the site is just bad and the site on front of gun is way thicker then the 43 as well. id say of the 2 m1 is worse now.

but both have horrible dispersion at range and should have that lowered. no reason for random bullets to go flying off as far as they do.

i get center on black circle and im landing randomly outside the black, that aint right for a rifle.

G43 irl was never super-accurate. Didn't even make a good sniper rifle with the scope.

I didn't play too much with the new allied weapons but there seems to be too much sway for a rifle being fired from the unsupported prone position, even for the heavier and longer ones of WW2 like the G43 and M1.

I don't know if they can change the stability of weapons depending on the avatar's stance, or if it's one size fits all but it'd be nice to have little or no sway when you are lying prone inside an infantry fighting position.

Ive been tearing up allied at most ranges ...there are some that have my number but they also switch sides like the wind so no biggie

The m1 is bugged- posted about this in the bug-forum.

Its the same ole story of the allied peephole sights, which we sufefred from for 3-4 years in the old days, before CRS fixed them.

Now the m1 is bugged all over again, but I guess Doc simply forgot to tell the model-team about that horrible old story that caused so much frustration years back.

The peephole is too small- far too small, and the ring far too wide. The consequence is that its virtually impossible to lead and that the gun is bugged and pretty much useless.

Its a showstopper, simple as that and extremely frustrating to use.

Doc needs to tell the model-team that nothing good can come from the current sight except endless complaints on the forum, and he needs to tell the model-team to try the gun, so they can see for themself how bad the sight is.

We have been though all this once before, dont release this gun as it is.

The m1 is bugged- posted about this in the bug-forum.

Its the same ole story of the allied peephole sights, which we sufefred from for 3-4 years in the old days, before CRS fixed them.

Now the m1 is bugged all over again, but I guess Doc simply forgot to tell the model-team about that horrible old story that caused so much frustration years back.

The peephole is too small- far too small, and the ring far too wide. The consequence is that its virtually impossible to lead and that the gun is bugged and pretty much useless.

Its a showstopper, simple as that and extremely frustrating to use.

Doc needs to tell the model-team that nothing good can come from the current sight except endless complaints on the forum, and he needs to tell the model-team to try the gun, so they can see for themself how bad the sight is.

We have been though all this once before, dont release this gun as it is.

see : pak36

I think its good that the semi-auto rifles are less accurate then the bolt action ones, so they don't make them completely obsolete. As of now, I would prefer the MAS to the Garand.

Gerand sight really needs to be redone for the same reason the old BEF and French sights were redone. They are a major and inaccurate hinderance to sighting because they block so much vision.

G43 is much better and easier to use.

having decent sights help but overall the g43 is just better to use in game - bit like the SMG and LMG - Mind you K98 not too bad either :)

Don't get me started on the Shrek and bazookas.

Sights are main fault with M1 which are already documented but it's not the whole story.

g43 has way to much dispersion as well, cant line up an enemy and take a single shot even between 100-200 meters. its way off.

Taken from W. Darrin Weaver's book "Hitler's Garands":

The Wehrmacht continued testing the G/K43 equipped with the ZF4 (a 4x scope) until the last days of the war. All the reports of these tests were consistent with what the soldiers, who had been beaten back from the gates of Moscow to the outskirts of Berlin, already knew: that for long-range precision shooting, the K43 with ZF4 was practically worthless. Less than a month and a half before V-E Day, the Grafenwohr Infantry School issued a report concerning the accuracy of both the K43/ZFK and the K98/ZF in long range trials (600-1200 meters), excerpts of which follow:

"d. When firing with K43 {serial number} 1658 with ZF4 at 1200m, the result was that, out of 12 shots fired, only 3 were on the disk, even though the exact point of aim had been established before. The weapon was put aside, so that it could cool down completely. When fired again, all 12 shots were on the disk, and firing performance was in the expected range. This shows that a sudden-usually only temporary- decline in firing performance of the K43 can be very detrimental at greater distances.

e. If the dispersion results for various distances are compared to the size of the enemy, then a definite hit can no longer be secured...

here's another quote from his book:

... The sharpshooter schools have increased complaining about the inadequate performance of the telescopic sighted carbine 43.. At 100m the performance is generally good, but at 200m it falls off in an intolerable manner.. The exercises carried out by the Sharpshooter School.. cannot be accomplished with the telescopic sight carbine 43.

and

Presently the K98k with commercial ZF is on average, with regard to target accuracy, still superior to the K43/ZF4K43.. a number of the sharpshooter trainees still request the K98k and not the K43
Edited by fallsjager