• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjb52

Some computer help.

13 posts in this topic

Alright, so on my desktop I'm having a bit of a problem. One of those fake virus scanner things popped up along with a bunch of programs that requested to access the interwebs. I stopped all of the programs before they made a connection with the web thanks to zonealarm firewall, and quickly did a full system scan using malwarebytes. It found a bunch of things and deleted them, but I had to reboot to complete the process.

Now here is where I'm having issues. It starts to reboot, the bios loading screen comes up with the other familiar screens like the one for the mobo etc. However, it goes and stops on just a black screen with a flashing cursor. Not able to input anything, just a black screen with a blinking white cursor. Right before this, you hear the cd-drive clicking or activating or whatever you want to call it.

Any ideas?

I caught one of those 3-4 months ago.

Had to re-install my OS....

I've gotten past the times I've had them without having to reinstall.

Maybe you weren't trying hard enough?

I've gotten past the times I've had them without having to reinstall.

Maybe you weren't trying hard enough?

Lob12 gives up easily by design. zing!

Yeah, who's the pheg that moved it??? Now I'll never get a response in a timely manner!

And yes, I removed the cd from the drive.

Have you tried doing F8 or F12 after the bios screen to boot into the screen that allows you to go to Last Known Good Configuaration?

If not I would try that and see if you can get to a point where it will restore it to an earlier date, and then see what happens.

ColBoyer

Lob12 gives up easily by design. zing!

pff biatch

Had no choice other than nuke everything : the virus had completely deleted my entire registry....

pff biatch

Had no choice other than nuke everything : the virus had completely deleted my entire registry....

this^^^. I have found that with that particular bit of malware, between the virus doing it's thing and the "fixes" that occur during the cleaning process, 90% of the time the OS is so farked that only reinstallation can save it.

Disconnect any USB / HDD external drive from your computer. It seems to want to boot on one of these.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0