Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

French 76.2 mm ATG gun might as well not exist

brogan123

I just saw a guy push it on flat ground about 15 m and it turned over. This was after three attempts at towing it to this location, the first two of which is turned over right after hitching and later while driving on flat ground.

We can't use them. We need an immediate bug fix patch for this, it's making the game compeltely unfair on the allies without a heav gun.

I just saw a guy push it on flat ground about 15 m and it turned over. This was after three attempts at towing it to this location, the first two of which is turned over right after hitching and later while driving on flat ground.

We can't use them. We need an immediate bug fix patch for this, it's making the game compeltely unfair on the allies without a heav gun.

funny thing is they already had a fix patch for this gun over a year ago and it is still useless

LoL. This so called "atg gun" is the most useless object in the entire allied spawn list. When I have a choice of taking 47mm or this abomination (because the best allied atg is of course not in supply any more at that moment) I will take the 47mm.

Have to agree. It flips so easy its almost usesless to try and move it with a truck. And if you do manage to get into a decent position, the extra performance is minimal. M1 is the best all-around choice.

I've never flipped it, whether pushing it out to somewhere or towing it with my 2nd account. The biggest problem with the heavy French ATG is that it's not very accurate at medium/long ranges.

Since the M1 gets the job done in all scenarios except some long distance frontal shots against a tiger or StugG, players will take that instead of bothering with something that's slower, larger, less accurate, and can tip over.

88 flips too' date=' does m5 fall under map when it flips?[/quote']

Not always.

But really you can stop it flipping. .. you have to drive in 6 gear maximum for laffy.

However as said: the only use for it is killing tigers and stug g's head on, the m1 will kill anything else ánd it doesn't take 10 minutes to move 5m.

I have never had an 88 flip nor is it a complaint I have ever heard made. I suspect it is no more common than other AT Guns (eg many if not all flip under certain circumstances).

I've had an 88 flip once, but when I deployed it it righted. I've never had anything besides the M5 and 88 flip. M5 flips ALL the time.

Just give me the 57mm and it will take down any axis tank in the game.....that 76mm is a monster and should only be used for long range shelling of a town or fb

you can put yourself back up with the 88 tho, and believe me it doesnt flip as often then the POS that the m5 is.

you can put yourself back up with the 88 tho' date=' and believe me it doesnt flip as often then the POS that the m5 is.[/quote']

M1 makes up for this.

I have never had an 88 flip nor is it a complaint I have ever heard made. I suspect it is no more common than other AT Guns (eg many if not all flip under certain circumstances).

Try setting up on mountains there are arears on the map where the 88 will go underground. Flipping is not a problem with the 88 as you can unflip it from all angles even upside down.

It going underground is a problem and its common on mountains and big hills

"I have never had an 76.2 mm ATG flip nor is it a complaint I have ever heard made. I suspect it is no more common than other AT Guns (eg many if not all flip under certain circumstances."

Properly because hey I never played it much ;-) Must be the same for you with the 88 No ? ;-)

Claiming you have a problem that needs fixed and then disclaiming that another piece of kit doesnt have a problem is a bit weak for drumming up support

Edited by vonkurt

you can put yourself back up with the 88 tho' date=' and believe me it doesnt flip as often then the POS that the m5 is.[/quote']

PaK38 flips too. Rare but it happens.

Never had it happen with a PaK 40 or PaK 36 tho.

Guys i have to say sure other ATG's flip too, but the m5 flips 1 out of 2 times if you drive faster than gear 6.

With gear6 + a bump you often flip too.