Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjb52

Computer won't fully boot with JS plugged in

6 posts in this topic

It's a logitech extreme 3d pro. The issue is pretty much what's stated in the title. The computer will turn on but will stay at the first screen, which says "ASUS" in the middle with the intel logo in the bottom right corner. In order to fix this I have to unplug the JS and then restart the computer. The JS works fine after I boot up the computer and then plug it in. It is connected via USB.

I have never had this problem with my other computer, and only just having discovered this after setting up my JS with this laptop.

Any ideas?

check your boot order in the bios?

maybe for a laptop they expect some to try and boot up from a USB stick...device ID might not be reading right or some other minor thing.

Edited by Vampress

Did you try a different usb port.

I Think vamp is right on this one, but sometimes on older equipment, there were several different usb hubs of differing capabilities In a machine

Did you try a different usb port.

I Think vamp is right on this one, but sometimes on older equipment, there were several different usb hubs of differing capabilities In a machine

I didn't try a different usb port, but I did try a different device. Works fine with my printer plugged into the same port.

As for age, it's pretty much a brand new machine. How would I change the boot settings in windows 7?

I didn't try a different usb port, but I did try a different device. Works fine with my printer plugged into the same port.

As for age, it's pretty much a brand new machine. How would I change the boot settings in windows 7?

You would dó that In the bios.

Depending on your mothervoard you just mash F12 or DELETE right after power on. And look for something called boot sequence

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0