Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dotsie

Multiple installations

26 posts in this topic

Is this possible? My tow account drags my system to a crawl. I want to be able to apply minimum settings to it. Launching a seperate instance at the moment you can change setting reboot but your main account is then stuck on the same settings so again you would have to change and reboot. Takes ages. Any way for a seperate install like the "Battleground Europe TEST" one we have for betas?

i used to just load the game twice and then when in game drag the view distance of my tow account to low as possible and turn off all the maps and hud info that did the trick.

I don't see any reason you couldn't install it to another folder, which should then allow for unique settings

I don't like you, but trying to be a good loser, here u go ... you have to understand it though (and correct the paths, create the XML files)

play1.bat

-------------

cd "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Battleground Europe"copy /Y wwiiol1.xml wwiiol.xmlregedit /s ww2_1.regcd "C:\Games\Battleground Europe"Playgate.exe

play2.bat

--------------

cd "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Battleground Europe"copy /Y wwiiol2.xml wwiiol.xmlregedit /s ww2_2.regcd "C:\Games\Battleground Europe"Playgate.exe

ww2_1.reg

-----------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Playnet\apps\appid1\instance1]@="""Exec"="ww2.exe""Params"="-serverip $QUAD -serverport $PORT -serverotp $OTP -side $SESSIONID""Path"="C:\\Games\\BATTLE~1""Region"="us""Version"="Battleground Europe"

ww2_2.reg

-----------------

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Playnet\apps\appid1\instance1]@="""Exec"="ww2.exe""Params"="-serverip $QUAD -serverport $PORT -serverotp $OTP -side $SESSIONID  -window 1 -width 1024 -height 768""Path"="C:\\Games\\BATTLE~1""Region"="us""Version"="Battleground Europe"

Good luck :cool:

Edited by TheEagle

I don't see any reason you couldn't install it to another folder' date=' which should then allow for unique settings[/quote']

Reason #1 : Playgate

I don't like you, but trying to be a good loser, here u go ... you have to understand it though (and correct the paths, create the XML files)

Haha. Whats not to like?

So.

1. I have to have the two (wwiiol1.xml & wwiiol2.xml) files in the active "Battleground Europe" in My Documents?

2. I just change the paths to my setup?

3. Does the second instance have to be windowed???

4. Does this make the right login come up? (I dont think so but no biggy).

Haha. Whats not to like?

So.

1. I have to have the two (wwiiol1.xml & wwiiol2.xml) files in the active "Battleground Europe" in My Documents?

2. I just change the paths to my setup?

3. Does the second instance have to be windowed???

4. Does this make the right login come up? (I dont think so but no biggy).

When it met you (recently) it was usually me falling to death over and over again. That I do not like ..

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. YesNo ... have no good experience with 2 FullScreen ...if it works for you, you can leave the registry part away. And what does NOT work yet is 2 monitors. Alhough I have yet to test this with nview ... just have no 2nd screen these days any more.

4. No, have not investigated this any further, as you said minor issue.

[update1: MyDocuments\...\lg.dat may just be what you're loooking for, you can experiment with this .. eg lg1.dat and lg2.dat]

[update2: works just fine :cool:]

Edited by TheEagle

When it met you (recently) it was usually me falling to death over and over again. That I do not like ..

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. YesNo ... have no good experience with 2 FullScreen ...if it works for you, you can leave the registry part away. And what does NOT work yet is 2 monitors. Alhough I have yet to test this with nview ... just have no 2nd screen these days any more.

4. No, have not investigated this any further, as you said minor issue.

[update1: MyDocuments\...\lg.dat may just be what you're loooking for, you can experiment with this .. eg lg1.dat and lg2.dat]

[update2: works just fine :cool:]

Sorry about the serial murder :D

yes already solved lg.dat

Updated initial post with CODE tags, the regfiles had spaces where there shouldn't be any - ("in stance1" should read "instance1")

Also a mod should probably move to this to community support?!

Thats space in 'instance' had me scratching my head for ages till i check reg as Im trying to launch both instances under different exe names (I'll explain in a bit). Anyway I found it and they are runing as ww2a.exe and ww2b.exe. Will post why i did in a few.

Ok I have it running nicely Thx Eagle.

My setup is a bit different. Running each batch now prompts the correct login name. Also both instance now run under different executable names. This is because I want to use nHancer profiles to get further performance gains by setting the 'ww2b.exe' instance to minimal hardware settings and ''ww2a.exe' to high. (both were high beforehand)

scrsh.png

The performance gain is noticeable however on my system the instance that is run second has a considerable FPS advantage so I would advise anyone to run their tow account first then launch their fighting account. Also spawning in once, despawning and spawning again made things run smooth for further play on both instances. Both instances screenies below.

Tow.

sshot1er.jpg

Fighting.

sshot2u.jpg

BE1.bat

cd "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Battleground Europe"copy /Y wwiiol1.xml wwiiol.xmlcopy /Y lg1.dat lg.datregedit /s ww2_1.regcd "C:\Program Files\CRS\Battleground Europe"copy /Y ww2.exe ww2a.exePlaygate.exe

BE2.bat

cd "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Battleground Europe"copy /Y wwiiol2.xml wwiiol.xmlcopy /Y lg2.dat lg.datregedit /s ww2_2.regcd "C:\Program Files\CRS\Battleground Europe"copy /Y ww2.exe ww2b.exePlaygate.exe

ww2_1.reg

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Playnet\apps\appid1\instance1]@="""Exec"="ww2a.exe""Params"="-serverip $QUAD -serverport $PORT -serverotp $OTP -side $SESSIONID""Path"="C:\PROGRA~1\CRS\BATTLE~1""Region"="us""Version"="Battleground Europe"

ww2_2.reg

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Playnet\apps\appid1\instance1]@="""Exec"="ww2b.exe""Params"="-serverip $QUAD -serverport $PORT -serverotp $OTP -side $SESSIONID"Path"="C:\PROGRA~1\CRS\BATTLE~1""Region"="us""Version"="Battleground Europe"

PS. This should be stickied

Edited by dotsie

Questions:

1) If you have a multi-core processor, can you set the affinity to a different core for each instance? (Once the instances are running)

2) Why isn't this stickied in Community Support, oh Mod-God, instead of here (go on, tell me its because of tow accounts... ;))

Questions:

1) If you have a multi-core processor, can you set the affinity to a different core for each instance? (Once the instances are running)

2) Why isn't this stickied in Community Support, oh Mod-God, instead of here (go on, tell me its because of tow accounts... ;))

1) you can but BE actually does slightly use the second core and in my experience actually ones worse when restricted to only one core

2) thought it was, moved now.

Questions:

1. Dont set affinity. Seems BE uses dual core for some stuff.

2. I posted here becuase the other forums are very quiet nowadays.

I dont have problems running 2 accounts on high setting. But i need to disable the sound of the tow account everytime. How do you work out that issue?

Sound volume is stored in wwiiol.xml . You turn the sound fx slider to zero.

There are 2 wwiiol.xml settings files you need to make. Log in and set all the settings you want and save. Exit game and rename wwiiol.xml to wwiiol2.xml. This is your tow account settings. Do same again for fighting account and save to wwiiol1.xml. Then use the above Batch script which swaps the right one in when you log accounts.

Edited by dotsie

Login data no longer appears to be stored in lg.dat file. CRS need to know where last login is held so the script can work.

Correction: playgate seems to be saving login data to "Battleground Europe TEST" folder instead of main instance. You might want to look at that.

Edited by dotsie

Login data no longer appears to be stored in lg.dat file. CRS need to know where last login is held so the script can work.

Correction: playgate seems to be saving login data to "Battleground Europe TEST" folder instead of main instance. You might want to look at that.

interesting...I'll make a note of this in the bug forum

Build new lg.dat manualy again, there is minor change in structure.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0