Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chzacc

any ideas??

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

My son has an imac and yesterday it started to misbehave. When he tries to load a cd game (age of empires) it wont auto run, it tries to open it with itunes because ther is a music file in the folder, all the folders are visible and you can click on them but nothing happens, lots of data files etc.

Thanks in advance

David

Ps. thought it might be like windows and tried to change file assoc. when a dvd/cd is inserted but cant seem to get anywhere

glad to see someones on their toes, yep i asked him and he said it only shows windows as sys requirements on back of game . Doh

will have to put bootcamp or similar on imac to let him play all these now, not looking forward to that ,lol

glad to see someones on their toes, yep i asked him and he said it only shows windows as sys requirements on back of game . Doh

will have to put bootcamp or similar on imac to let him play all these now, not looking forward to that ,lol

Bootcamp is fairly simple to use, only inconvenient in that you need to go to the system preference and select the option *every time*. Otherwise, set up is simple, the tough part is windows being windows.

Your other option is parallels or Fusion. They're both <100 and very good pieces of software. And would be just fine for running older games like AoE.

Good luck, and stop shooting me down.

Parallels, VMWare Fusion or VirtualBox + a copy of Windows XP would be enough. Newer 3D games would be too slow but you might be ok with an older game with virtualization if your video card is decent (but double the RAM requirement). Otherwise do BootCamp. I think all three allow you to either use them or Bootcamp with the same partition so you can go either way.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0