Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigrow

Running 2 accounts

10 posts in this topic

I run 2 accounts with very little performance decrease most of the time. When in a heavy battle though, it can slow down a bit so i often leave the second account at the map screen.

The issue is though that despawning my 2nd account doesn't really help FPS much at all. When it logs off i do get a big boost.

So, does the game really use that many resources at the map screen? Or is it possible a bandwidth issue and my connection is the bottleneck on these occasions?

2500k @4ghz

8gb ddr3 corsair @1600mhz

8800gt 512mb < the other weak link i suspect

broadband @1.2mb average d/l speed

I would suspect your GPU is your weak link. Nothing else in your posted specs seems to be an issue.

My GPU fans also spins up when at map. Only scene taxing my card definitely more is the tall grass. Guess it is a very demanding 2d picture...

My GPU fans also spins up when at map. Only scene taxing my card definitely more is the tall grass. Guess it is a very demanding 2d picture...

I guess i should have tried moving my second account to the persona select screen, that might be less taxing...i'll try tonight.

Yes i have but i didn't notice any significant difference.

Instead of leaving 2nd account at map/brigade screen i have been leaving it at the persona selection screen which does seem to help quite a bit.

I guess the map screen uses alot more resources than i expected.

Yes the map screen uses the same % GPU/CPU load same as in game... very weird. This need to be sorted out.

This might change with 1.34 i guess if they are changing the server structure when moving between spawned in/out. :confused:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0