• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jon8798

Freeze ups, jerky play and netcode2 dropped ...?

3 posts in this topic

Just recently I've had a few problems that I've never had before. No hardware changes at all and only software change was updating to the latest NVIDIA drivers 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Sometimes, the game kind of freezes up. If I use chat, my message doesn't appear, but I see other players. I can still move around in game, but all other players freeze in place. After maybe 20 seconds everyone zooms over to their real place on the battlefield and any messages I typed then appear in chat. Sometimes, I get a message in the chatbar saying Netcode 2 was dropped and reverting to original protocol.

If I die during one of these freaky periods, I can't despawn. I hit escape and despawn option comes up, but no timer and ok button not clickable. I have to wait for it to calm down and get back to normal.

It's happened maybe 5 times in the past 2 weeks, but then happened 4 times this evening.

I assumed it was my internet connection, but no other programmes seem to be having trouble (streamed a movie on different machine at the same time). Could it be the Gfx card driver update? Anyone else experienced anything like this?

System:

Intel core2 quad cpu q8300 - 2.5ghz

4GB ram

NVIDIA GeForce GT320 driver version 280.26

Cheers,

Jon

Just recently I've had a few problems that I've never had before. No hardware changes at all and only software change was updating to the latest NVIDIA drivers 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Sometimes, the game kind of freezes up. If I use chat, my message doesn't appear, but I see other players. I can still move around in game, but all other players freeze in place. After maybe 20 seconds everyone zooms over to their real place on the battlefield and any messages I typed then appear in chat. Sometimes, I get a message in the chatbar saying Netcode 2 was dropped and reverting to original protocol.

If I die during one of these freaky periods, I can't despawn. I hit escape and despawn option comes up, but no timer and ok button not clickable. I have to wait for it to calm down and get back to normal.

It's happened maybe 5 times in the past 2 weeks, but then happened 4 times this evening.

I assumed it was my internet connection, but no other programmes seem to be having trouble (streamed a movie on different machine at the same time). Could it be the Gfx card driver update? Anyone else experienced anything like this?

System:

Intel core2 quad cpu q8300 - 2.5ghz

4GB ram

NVIDIA GeForce GT320 driver version 280.26

Cheers,

Jon

sounds to me like a network issue, but to eliminate the GPU drivers I would revert back to the previous drivers that worked and see if the problem still occurs. Generally, I do not recommend updating drivers unless it's to fix a problem, as often new drivers can introduce errors that were not previously present.

Thanks Hick. I'll roll back the drivers this evening and see if that helps, if not I guess I'll reset the modem and wireless router back to factory settings and set the network up again.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0