Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
optik

So the 1st Sniper squad is created.

23 posts in this topic

Thank you to those that helped create the squad.

So abit about my current "idea":

You have to have enough rank to use the sniper, patience also since we not going to do the usual caping cp's cqb stuff with it either, so if you cant sit for 20min without seeing an ei and be happy, then not really the place for you, although this wont happen much.

Dont have a forums yet, but im working on it.

Dont need ts or anything

You wont have to use the sniper 24/7 but i would like the squad to be sniper focused when we have a few of us on.

So what we will be doing is sniping, marking tgts for ground/air etc, operating as spotters for mortars, sharing ideas/tips for the sniping part of the game amongst ourselves.

Essentially a group of lets say organized "lone wolf" (that also likes a loose teamwork set up) style players that like using the sniper is what im going for here, just getting us on the same ao's and in good positions coordinating what we do to make a big dent in the enemy.

I do not want it to be the type of squad where the members never greet eachother or that just run in the same squad but dont actually work together, i want us to work together in so far as snipers can that is helping each other set up spots, fru's/ammo, coordinating to lock down towns/sections etc. Im trying to strike a balance between the freedom of a sniper and some disciplne of teamwork.

So if anyone interested just contact me ingame.

S!

I love it when a games been around for 10 years and someone thinks they are the first with a cool idea, lol

Yeah dr's group was pretty clutch. Section 2 was one of the few people I worked with back in the day because they simply had their **** together. Having 4 of these guys covering my 20 tanks in the ab was priceless

Can't join optik but would like to go on a few missions with your squad when you get up and running. Had my best streak ever the other day (14).

I hear all the ... "back in my day" ... "ships were made of wood and men were made of steel" comments.

meh, I never had the eyes for iron sights except with pistols. For some reason I could do that just fine.

I'd join for the recon part ... but iLame with the sniper rifle (there's not enough about for me to be wasting them).

Very seldom do I see a squad that I might like to join (never been in one since I got here!) - So best of luck, sudden, because this would be one.

I'd join for the recon part ... but iLame with the sniper rifle (there's not enough about for me to be wasting them).

Very seldom do I see a squad that I might like to join (never been in one since I got here!) - So best of luck, sudden, because this would be one.

You dont have to be good with it just be willing to learn, its not that difficult to learn really, the shooting part i cant teach bc thats like a feel for it thing but positioning etc that is easy to learn.

What's the ingame tag is like to work with u but can't join u

The ingame tag is "sniper" , i will add you to friends so i will know when you log in and will send you a pm, im currently playing axis and probably will for the rest of the campaign and rotate every campaign maybe.

I have a dedicated trackball for sniping. Has ~100x the resolution of my primary trackball. Makes a huge diff in my aiming capability.

At any rate, what optic says is true. You can learn to shoot and estimate distance. The hard part is figuring out how to survive long enough to do some damage; and where your best locations are.

And don't forget to hold the trigger till you confirm your shot placement.

Edited by Sudden

CO of Blitz Kader here I wish you guys the best out there. I hope they do improve contacts and comms,that would be a huge help for the AXIS.

jr

I used an M24, and M82A1 in afghanistan, trained with M21 but never saw it in the field. here i use a Remington M70 in 300WM, with a 36x and Harris bipod with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office as well as my M4 and G22. Best ever was 1428m, talib with a DSHK about to shoot a convoy of medics. These WW2 rifle optics Stink, but they really didn't have any better back then except the US. The actual scope sight though is the Soviet style, not the original German so authenticity is lacking-someone took a serious shortcut i bet-LOL.

Ever in the Phoenix area, i have an M1D as well as the 300 to take coyotes-2 or 4 legged.

i seem to remember you mentioning this ages ago, id certainly be interested in joining a small squad like this.

noticing though that you killed me last night in a matty, i guess you are playing allied this time round, hopefully i will catch you on the axis side next camp and i will give you a shout. :)

(also need to get my axis rank up for the sniper rifle.)

Edited by mile

That was you in the Pz3? sorry it had to be a bro, and my whole squad is allied this time, but sides don't matter as much as friends. They'll always be friends.

Your bro with the 88 almost had me like 7 times, got closer and closer, and i was out of HE, so i had to scoot-lol. then someone else got me anyway, but that's life.

Once i reach lvl 7, it'll be open season, but one thing i learned as a real sniper-Everyone hates you, and it's more important than ever to be unseen because things take on more meaning when you can see the face and the other guy never has the chance to deal it back.

Only time i never regret taking someone like that is now, as a Sheriff's Dept Sniper when some dufus has a hostage-that's Lame, cowardly and deserving of nothing to hurt someone innocent-and 95% of the time, hostages get hurt bad or killed in real life unlike the movies. We all do our jobs, but it hurts sometimes.

That's why friends and family mean so much. So have a good one, bro and either way, hope you dont hold it against that we're allied this time-lol.

;)

That was you in the Pz3? sorry it had to be a bro, and my whole squad is allied this time, but sides don't matter as much as friends. They'll always be friends.

Your bro with the 88 almost had me like 7 times, got closer and closer, and i was out of HE, so i had to scoot-lol. then someone else got me anyway, but that's life.

Once i reach lvl 7, it'll be open season, but one thing i learned as a real sniper-Everyone hates you, and it's more important than ever to be unseen because things take on more meaning when you can see the face and the other guy never has the chance to deal it back.

Only time i never regret taking someone like that is now, as a Sheriff's Dept Sniper when some dufus has a hostage-that's Lame, cowardly and deserving of nothing to hurt someone innocent-and 95% of the time, hostages get hurt bad or killed in real life unlike the movies. We all do our jobs, but it hurts sometimes.

That's why friends and family mean so much. So have a good one, bro and either way, hope you dont hold it against that we're allied this time-lol.

;)

oh no sorry i meant optik. i was in a pak 36 and he killed me as i tried to take him on frontally, which was a mistake looking back. no worries about being allied, i have always played allied, this is my first time playing axis, fancied a change.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0